Tottenham v Arsenal [19:45 - 20/04/11]

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Man U fan I have to say that was a brilliant derby and the football in that eclipses our Man U - Liverpool derby by a mile. Having said that I think Arsenal had a good shape today I liked there formation and setup, so well done Wenger. I think if you get a top class GK and Striker you could be very impressive for next season.

As for Tottenham they played very well but they are leaking to many goals at the back, so I think Man City will get in the top four this season.

For RVP's offside goal do you think Gomes knew he was offsifde already? as he fluffed at the ball

Fantastic Match

Ches gave a pen away but made up for it with a string of fine saves

Lets Try and make 2nd our own and hope Manchester United beat Chelsea :)

That's loser mentality on it's peak =/

Great game. Very entertaining for an neutral.

Arsenal did well but Tottenhams supporters did a good job and Spurs got the goals they deserved. And a bit unlucky to not win the game in the end.

But also...how overrated is Bale really?? He did **** all in the first half and ran crazy and tried too much and almoste injured the goalkeeper.

You can't run like that and just tackle the goalkeeper. He is soo overrated for me.....

Great game. Very entertaining for an neutral.

Arsenal did well but Tottenhams supporters did a good job and Spurs got the goals they deserved. And a bit unlucky to not win the game in the end.

But also...how overrated is Bale really?? He did **** all in the first half and ran crazy and tried too much and almoste injured the goalkeeper.

You can't run like that and just tackle the goalkeeper. He is soo overrated for me.....

he didnt try to injure the keeper, if anything the keeper cleared him out fairly

Brilliant game - nervous the whole way through, though.

BAE was my MOM. Kept Walcott fairly quiet (1st goal not his zone, 2nd nothing he can do - entirely Gallas' fault: WAHEY!) and played some brilliant passes (including one for pen? Need to check that)

Overall, despite throwing away a 2 goal lead. Again. Thought a draw was fair - both teams gave it absolutely everything and it's no wonder the 2nd half was relatively poor; they must have been absolutely exhausted.

Gomes had another brilliant performance against us (RvP was ONside by the way) but it was good to see us actually HAVING shots occasionally and not just tiki-taka-ring around the box and eventually losing it (happened a couple of times, not all that often). Fabregas was superb... him and Modric - just brilliant.

Actually thought we were pretty good - even at the back. Not really "bottling" in same way as we have been.. wonder strike from Huddleston and moment of madness all around for the pen but the 1st goal was what I was worried about - even after less than 10 mins: Arsenal were v narrow in the 1st half and Corluka/BAE pushed up on the overlap and weren't tracked.

Ironically, we were wider at the back in the 2nd and they got pace between the CB and the FB and won a penalty. Not sure what Szczesny thought he was doing - probably part inexperience, part arrogance - he didn't need to come out and of course the #stayonyourfeet phrase is applicable.

Hopefully we've dented their chances of getting into Europe, but I fear they've dented our chances of even getting 2nd.

he didnt try to injure the keeper, if anything the keeper cleared him out fairly

I didin't say so..i know he didin't try. But the keeper got the ball first and Bale is super fast and he should slow down because surely he can see the keeper is close to getting the ball.

He tries to impress too hard. Gets 100% in situations where you maybe should slow down a bit.

Modric was superb tonight. He underlined why him not being nominated to the PFA and not getting into the team of the year is a joke, fantastic

I thought so too, but apparently he didn't - According to John Cross (mirror) anyway.

i'd flicked over to the copa del rey, but apparently he did shake hands, he just looked very ****** off while doing so

Best of both worlds from Szczesny tonight.. save from Modric (despite scuff) and VdV among highlights, as well as brilliant save and bravery vs Bale and then conceding the first goal was slightly soft and showed his inexperience/arrogance in coming for the ball with Lennon and just taking him out. Fact we wasn't booked/sent off just underlines why he should have stood up - try and make Lennon curl it past him (I think he would have overrun it).

I'm am starting to get sick of Crouch I don't think he done anything decent all game. But it was a great game and a draw was the fair result, hopefully Bale is O.K and he is fit for the WBA game and defintley agree with Joss that BAE was MOTM

Modric was superb tonight. He underlined why him not being nominated to the PFA and not getting into the team of the year is a joke, fantastic

I have seen better performances from him this season if I am honest. He did play well, but I did not think he was one of the key performers personally.

I was hoping for a win there, but it was a great match, has beaten my expectations.

I have to agree, I'm in love with Modric, a beautiful player and also very fair, never complains. I think the people watching with me got rather annoyed at me telling them how great everything he did was :)

EDIT: about handshake, i think he shook it but only for a second then stormed down the tunnel, at least that's what i saw

I have seen better performances from him this season if I am honest. He did play well, but I did not think he was one of the key performers personally.

Really? Thought he and Fabregas ran the show for their respective sides tbh - Modric drove from deep brilliantly 2/3 times at the start of 2nd half.. He had so much energy and got two Arsenal players booked within 80 seconds of the restart. Jack Wilshere is in a similar mould - both very exciting players who like to run with the ball but have an eye for a pass too.

Just saw an interview with Arsenal keeper Szneggerzcyy (sp) and im convinced he speaks better English than anyone else at Arsenal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back