Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betting suspended on Charlie Adam to Liverpool..

I think it can be believed, why would he quite an Everton yes strapped for cash BUT has a squad he has superbly formed and had great success with a small budget, he would go to Villa under massive pressure, with players seeking the exit and a succession of managers being not wanted by the fans or managers not wanting to take the helm...

there is clearly something being said to the likes of Martinez that isn't appealing, either lack of funds, many players leaving or something of that nature, otherwise it makes no sense for Martinez to stay at a hapless wigan.

There's still a little thing in football called loyalty and that's just what Martinez has shown.

I think it can be believed, why would he quite an Everton yes strapped for cash BUT has a squad he has superbly formed and had great success with a small budget, he would go to Villa under massive pressure, with players seeking the exit and a succession of managers being not wanted by the fans or managers not wanting to take the helm...

there is clearly something being said to the likes of Martinez that isn't appealing, either lack of funds, many players leaving or something of that nature, otherwise it makes no sense for Martinez to stay at a hapless wigan.

I think Martinez is a bad example. He seems to feel some sort of debt to Whelan and to Wigan, who stuck by him the whole time and have been thoroughly professional the whole time it looked like a) Wigan would be relegated and b) Martinez would go to Villa. Really got a lot of respect for them both over the past month or so.

Then I just think Rafa thought of Villa as a step down from Inter, Liverpool, Valencia etc. (Sorry, GC). Can definitely see Moyes going to Villa and I would think the Everton fans would appreciate his decision if he did leave - It's Kenwright that's effectively forcing him out by refusing to give him any money etc.

I said a couple of pages back/on another thread, that if he went to Villa, I can see him trying to bring some players with him - Coleman for example? He's a brilliant manager, and he deserves better than how he's been treated by KW.

I think Martinez is a bad example. He seems to feel some sort of debt to Whelan and to Wigan, who stuck by him the whole time and have been thoroughly professional the whole time it looked like a) Wigan would be relegated and b) Martinez would go to Villa. Really got a lot of respect for them both over the past month or so.

Then I just think Rafa thought of Villa as a step down from Inter, Liverpool, Valencia etc. (Sorry, GC). Can definitely see Moyes going to Villa and I would think the Everton fans would appreciate his decision if he did leave - It's Kenwright that's effectively forcing him out by refusing to give him any money etc.

I said a couple of pages back/on another thread, that if he went to Villa, I can see him trying to bring some players with him - Coleman for example? He's a brilliant manager, and he deserves better than how he's been treated by KW.

Agree RE:Martinez, but I can't see why Moyes would want to go to Villa. He's put together a great team at Everton, only really missing that star striker. If the club sells players over his head this summer though, I think he may leave

Agree RE:Martinez, but I can't see why Moyes would want to go to Villa. He's put together a great team at Everton, only really missing that star striker. If the club sells players over his head this summer though, I think he may leave

I agree somewhat with Martinez, although there is definitely behind the scenes matters at villa that are not appealing, similarly to Everton, villa yes spent a lot of money on Darren Bent but look to be offloading many over this summer. So it doesn't make much sense at all for Moyes to go there.

Moyes does deserve better, all managers do including Martinez, which i believe played a big part in his decision not to so call "progress" in his career to villa...

On Moyes, I'd be sad to see him leave for Villa. He's done a job nothing short of awesome for Everton, and I'd like it if he stayed. Plus, he's managed to put together a great team with no budget - of course, our team isn't as good as any of those above us, but you can't blame anyone for that, to be honest. I can see him staying all the way, don't think he'll quit now he's put a good team together. Then again, one can understand having a good budget is tempting.

Now, on Martinez, I honestly thought he'd get Wigan relegated, and it all looked set to happen, yet he stood by his lads and above all things he believed they could save themselves playing 'well' - by this I mean trying to actually play and not hoofing the ball forward while standing the keeper and 9 outfield players in front of goal. And he did save them, he was loyal to his club, to his players, and most importantly to himself, and he deserves a lot of credit for it, too.

I don't see Moyes leaving for us. It is more or less the ultimate sideways move, with our league positions on average almost the same over the last few years. He's building a legacy at Everton and has endeared himself to the fans. Why would he risk it on a move to a club that could go either way?

Only way he'll leave is if the financial situation drastically worsens.

"Manchester United have sealed a five-year contract for Blackburn defender Phil Jones in a deal believed to be worth up to £17m."

;)

;) Sky sports is reporting 16.5,

Apparently the hold up was his release clause was 17 not 16.5 all this time... LOL

Speculation: Reports in Italy suggest Inter Milan are interested in Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles. However, Liverpool are thought to be keen on keeping hold of the Portuguese.

Read somewhere the other day about Pastore joining Man United... I Hope So. Anyone Else Think Neymar is worth £41million? I Don't.

Read somewhere the other day about Pastore joining Man United... I Hope So. Anyone Else Think Neymar is worth £41million? I Don't.

Don't tease me. Pastore would be perfect.

As for Neymar, he isn't worth £41M....yet.

Yeah Pastore would look great in a Man Utd shirt. Maybe Fergie could persuade him.

I don't think he needs persuading, Palermo just need to lower the asking price (£44M).

As an Everton fan, it would be fascinating to see players of Pastore and Neymar calibre playing in the premier league no matter what club, yes, even them..

Scottish paper "Daily Record" reporting that Alex McLeish could be going to Aston Villa after resigning by e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back