Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from Pardew, talking about Newcastle's interest in Demba Ba:

"Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England and he's a good player," he said. "I'm very much aware of him and I probably know what he is capable of more than most because I've known about him for a while, before he went to West Ham. "We're not the only club who are interested, but we are trying. There is always competition and we will keep plugging away.

"If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season. "To get a player like Yohan Cabaye
spacer.gif
in so early has been a big bonus. Not many clubs have managed that sort of business yet so I'm very happy with that."

Surely everyone in football knew of Demba Ba before he went to West Ham? Idiot.

sky sources: nufc and safc intrested in bcfc midfeilder craig gardener

This is from Pardew, talking about Newcastle's interest in Demba Ba:

"Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England and he's a good player," he said. "I'm very much aware of him and I probably know what he is capable of more than most because I've known about him for a while, before he went to West Ham. "We're not the only club who are interested, but we are trying. There is always competition and we will keep plugging away.

"If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season. "To get a player like Yohan Cabaye
spacer.gif
in so early has been a big bonus. Not many clubs have managed that sort of business yet so I'm very happy with that."

Surely everyone in football knew of Demba Ba before he went to West Ham? Idiot.

That's an odd way to attempt 'tooting your own horn'.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay says that Chelsea may announce the signings of 2-3 Key Players in the next 2 weeks aswell as a new manager

BBC Sport - Chelsea plan to name their new manager within two weeks

So, this suggests that the Manager isn't the one choosing the signings? If they are going to announce the new players and new manager around the same time. Or am I missing something?

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

So, this suggests that the Manager isn't the one choosing the signings? If they are going to announce the new players and new manager around the same time. Or am I missing something?

well right now its only Guus whose name has been strongly linked to our vacant managerial position and its look very very likely that he is to be our new manager, cant see anybody else and as Guus has openly admitted to advising Roman even when he was not holding an official position at our club, i highly doubt Roman has sanctioned these transfers without Guus' knowledge.... obviously Guus may not be our manager but again I doubt Roman will appoint anyone else with Hiddink's knowledge who Roman thinks of very highly meh

well right now its only Guus whose name has been strongly linked to our vacant managerial position and its look very very likely that he is to be our new manager, cant see anybody else and as Guus has openly admitted to advising Roman even when he was not holding an official position at our club, i highly doubt Roman has sanctioned these transfers without Guus' knowledge.... obviously Guus may not be our manager but again I doubt Roman will appoint anyone else with Hiddink's knowledge who Roman thinks of very highly meh

Roman never ever signs anyone without consulting the manager... Of course not. So why would he when you don't even have a manager?

Roman never ever signs anyone without consulting the manager... Of course not. So why would he when you don't even have a manager?

What r u saying, I remember saying he mostly consults Hiddink

Hiddink has apparently made a list of who he wants.

Newcastle and Sunderland apparently want Gardner...

if this is true i cant see him leaving for less than 6 million and it would take a lucrative contract to lure him away from his home town club that he has only just signed for practically.

the lad was crying his eyes out in front of us at white hart lane he was that distraught, come on craig be loyal mate, we will be back there next year "crosses fingers"

What r u saying, I remember saying he mostly consults Hiddink

You said you don't think he'd sign players without consulting Hiddink/existing manager - I'm saying: Of course he would. He has previous.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Hiddink has apparently made a list of who he wants.

Hiddink denied this. At least - he denied he told Chelsea to bid for Sneijder.

Marca reports Cesc Fabregas's agent going to Barcelona to get all the details in place. Reportedly the contract is in place. The fee is reported around 30-45 million pounds and might involve a trade with Bojan or Thiago.

Que Joss...

The Alcantara brothers are the future of Barca, so I suspect Bojan would be the more likely trade; or maybe Jeffren.

Also, 45M? I doubt they're going to blow their whole budget on one player.

Marca reports Cesc Fabregas's agent going to Barcelona to get all the details in place. Reportedly the contract is in place. The fee is reported around 30-45 million pounds and might involve a trade with Bojan or Thiago.

Que Joss...

Meh. Fabregas is on holiday in Barcelona, Gazidis said last night they want key players to stay, doubt he'd say that if he knew a deal was about to go ahead. And how can the fee be between 30-45M? No way will we accept less than 45M, and I don't think we're willing to negotiate beyond that. Don't particularly want a Barca reject and a talented young midfielder who they'll just tap up in 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back