Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to them, they had quite a bit of bad luck as well. I feel a bit sorry for Birmingham, they did so well in their first season back up everyone expected more of the same. Weak areas of the squad were never quite addressed (and indeed some were weakened further still) and maybe fighting on two fronts finally pushed them over the edge.

Frankly, if you're going to sack a manager who got you relegated, why not sack Holloway?

---------- Post added at 10:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

But not in pride and historical terms. There's a lot to be said for that...

I see where your coming from, but surely with the financial gains of staying in the premier league, they could have pushed onto further things. I don't think their squad was poor, a squad IMO that could have easily stayed up. IMO, it's about there here and now and what can be achieved next season.

Pfft, not this football fan. Whining ****...
Not talking about the guy but about his team - watching Blackpool was enjoyable, a lot more enjoyable than watching Brum, West Ham or Stoke, for instance.

I see where your coming from, but surely with the financial gains of staying in the premier league, they could have pushed onto further things. I don't think their squad was poor, a squad IMO that could have easily stayed up. IMO, it's about there here and now and what can be achieved next season.

Birmingham had one massive flaw, no goalscorer.

Signing Zigic instead of a top goalscorer was the worst move ever. He cost what, £8-9 million? How many goals did he score? Poor decisions, and when Dann got injured they looked much, much worse.

Birmingham had one massive flaw, no goalscorer.

Signing Zigic instead of a top goalscorer was the worst move ever. He cost what, £8-9 million? How many goals did he score? Poor decisions, and when Dann got injured they looked much, much worse.

I Agree. Zigic was a poor signing for the price they paid. However I still think they're squad had enough quality to stay in the premier league. Staying up would have been one step in the right direction. Now they have to attract "championship" players who are probably not going to be up for scratch in the premier league should they get promoted. Getting relegated has potentially pushed them back another 2 seasons.

@GodCubed.
You say it's good for history, pride etc.
At my club (Portsmouth), that's what we pushed for in 2008, massive transfer fee's/wages got us in a terrible position. I'm not saying Birmingham are in any position like Portsmouth. I was there in 2008 and granted it was a fantastic day for the club, fans, staff etc. But I would any day give the FA cup 2008 back to still be in the premier league and not in the position we are in now. But of course, that's my opinion.

Gervinho deal set to be completed in next 48 hours. Fee around €12m. A step in the right direction for Arsenal.

(YoungGuns)

Gervinho deal set to be completed in next 48 hours. Fee around €12m. A step in the right direction for Arsenal.

(YoungGuns)

Fantastic signing. Rate him highly from when I have watched him in the French League. Good signing Mr Wenger.

I think he'll come good. Not too expensive, versatile, and proven in Ligue 1 - 16 goals, 10 assists from AMR/L.

Think this one's been thought out, not just spending for the sake of it. Long term interest in him, and finally making firm move.

I think he'll come good. Not too expensive, versatile, and proven in Ligue 1 - 16 goals, 10 assists from AMR/L.

Think this one's been thought out, not just spending for the sake of it. Long term interest in him, and finally making firm move.

Agreed. A good signing. I mean he's basically going to be swapping Gervinho for Bendtner. Which is fantastic news. Gervinho has great ability and i think will fit nicely to Arsenal's style.

Good point made on twitter that we're effectively going for 2nd best here. Hazard is the better player, but Gervinho is cheaper. Still looks good, though.

Good point made on twitter that we're effectively going for 2nd best here. Hazard is the better player, but Gervinho is cheaper. Still looks good, though.

I personally think either would move to us. Gervinho saw it as an opportunity to move into, I believe, his desired league and made public he wanted to join Arsenal. Paving a way to the club, knowing the club were already interested in him and that Lille would sell only one to us. Thus giving us in a way no choice but to sign him. In many ways, he was the first to act out of the two and had it been the other way round, then perhaps we would have signed Hazard. I don't think it was typical Arsene's go for the cheaper option here, surprisingly.

Hazard is much more focal to their play, they would asked for double

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

I personally think either would move to us. Gervinho saw it as an opportunity to move into, I believe, his desired league and made public he wanted to join Arsenal. Paving a way to the club, knowing the club were already interested in him and that Lille would sell only one to us. Thus giving us in a way no choice but to sign him. In many ways, he was the first to act out of the two and had it been the other way round, then perhaps we would have signed Hazard. I don't think it was typical Arsene's go for the cheaper option here, surprisingly.

Hazard had no major intention of moving. Gervinho on the other hand did

Hazard is much more focal to their play, they would asked for double

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Hazard had no major intention of moving. Gervinho on the other hand did

True, he didn't. But I think if Arsenal decided to move for Hazard and agreed a deal with Lille for him, double, possible almost triple Gervinho, he possibly may have joined and expressed his desire too. Only he knows I guess. Gervinho is a good second, though.

True, he didn't. But I think if Arsenal decided to move for Hazard and agreed a deal with Lille for him, double, possible almost triple Gervinho, he possibly may have joined and expressed his desire too. Only he knows I guess. Gervinho is a good second, though.

Agree on Gervinho. If Lille didnt have CL footy, then maybe, but i think he will want one last season with them before deciding anything

Looks better than good.

Gervinho has a very strong skill set, and is very versatile. He would be a great addition to Arsenal and The Premier League.

In other news.

The reported 150M move for Ronaldo? That's ridiculous. 400k a week?

I mean 87 goals in 89 appearances for Madrid is incredibly impressive but that's beyond a joke.

Kevin Nolan is currently having a medical at West Ham according to SkySources..

In other news.

The reported 150M move for Ronaldo? That's ridiculous. 400k a week?

I mean 87 goals in 89 appearances for Madrid is incredibly impressive but that's beyond a joke.

It was a load of bollocks and only The Mirror would sink so low to fill out their sports pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back