Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the most obvious U-turn I've seen a footballer do. I'd bet my house that he's been offered a fat new contract by someone at City...

According too a few people i've spoken too, he only does business with the Sheikh. So it wouldn't surprise me if he rang him up and offered him to bring Argentina to Manchester, his family included. O and as you say, add a new contract to that and Bobs's your uncle, Manchester is now the best place to live on earth..

Fulham have made a bid for Aberdeen starlet Fraser Fyvie.

I think he's a terrific wee player, but I am not sure why Martin Jol would go for him.

He's been on holiday in America. He's back now so things should be wrapped up soon with any luck. Still not convinced by him but as long as he's not going to be taking Vermaelen's place I don't mind.

Samba's brilliant. Not only is he built like a gorilla and everyone is scared of him(Old team mates at Monaco never gave him a nickname because they were to scared of him). He actually has a great ability to defend. One of the best in the Premier League IMO.

My mate, an Arsenal fan, has been saying for around a year and a half that Arsenal should sign this behemoth.

Samba's brilliant. Not only is he built like a gorilla and everyone is scared of him(Old team mates at Monaco never gave him a nickname because they were to scared of him). He actually has a great ability to defend. One of the best in the Premier League IMO.

My mate, an Arsenal fan, has been saying for around a year and a half that Arsenal should sign this behemoth.

A lot of Arsenal fans want him because they think it will solve all of our problems at the back - defending set-pieces in particular, and will provide that true English grit which is so hyped in the media. I will of course support him as long as he gives his all for the club - just saying that I think he's overhyped.

A lot of Arsenal fans want him because they think it will solve all of our problems at the back - defending set-pieces in particular, and will provide that true English grit which is so hyped in the media. I will of course support him as long as he gives his all for the club - just saying that I think he's overhyped.

He's not overhyped at all. Maybe for the wrong reasons. I personally have never heard anyone say that he is a great defender. Although I can see how people can mix up someone whose tall, fast and strong with a player who is actually a good defender. If you know what I mean.

But Samba is a great defender. He can read the game well and is a natural leader(through fear I'd assume). And on top of that. He's got that physical side aswell. I reckon he'll do more for you over the course of a season that Vermaelen ever could ( injuries, lack of aerial ability and what not) even though I think Vermaelen is a better player.

Edit - And on the note of English grit. He's Congolese and was brought up in France. No danger of having that, "English grit" that I so loath. :)

Last edited:
On Tevez - He and the mother of his children, Vanesa Mansilla, had split up a long time ago, thus he couldn't just bring them over to England. He was dating an argentine actress, Brenda Asnicar, up until a couple months ago, when they finally broke up. When the season ended in England he came to Argentina to solve a few issues, among the most widely publicized was his meeting with Batista and his return to the NT, but he also got back together with Mansilla not so long ago, something which didn't get as much coverage. My guess is now they're back together there are no obstacles in the way of a family move to England.

Barcelona apparently are going to sell thiago to chelsea to free up more money to sign fabregas. It is also rumoured that david villa might be moving though i dont understand why

It'd make more sense to sell Villa than to sell Thiago.

On Tevez - He and the mother of his children, Vanesa Mansilla, had split up a long time ago, thus he couldn't just bring them over to England. He was dating an argentine actress, Brenda Asnicar, up until a couple months ago, when they finally broke up. When the season ended in England he came to Argentina to solve a few issues, among the most widely publicized was his meeting with Batista and his return to the NT, but he also got back together with Mansilla not so long ago, something which didn't get as much coverage. My guess is now they're back together there are no obstacles in the way of a family move to England.

I heard it was because his younger child became very ill when she was over in England. Therefore the mother of his children moved back to Argentina in an instant. Then her mother became very reluctant to bring her back over to England in case the same problems occurred.

Barcelona to come in for Sergio Agüero before he moves to Juventus?

Though I'm not sure how close he is to signing for the Italian side.

Daily Star reporting we've bid for Aguero, doubt its true.

Sporting CP is looking to sign Bendtner for 7million £. It seems the Gunners have accepted the bid.

I hope he leaves he is one of the worst players i have ever seeen play for us and yet he still gets picked over chamakh sumhow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back