Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly Arsenal and Liverpool both submitted bids for Eden Hazard, according to that Twitter guy..

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

He has gone from 70 followers this morning to 1,000+.

Twitter

Former Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso is being linked with a move to Manchester United, according to Spanish radio station Radio Cadena Ser.

The current Real Madrid player has become an intrinsic part of Jose Mourinho's side which lifted the Copa Del Rey last season and the Spanish side that won the European Championships, and the World Cup last summer.

But with Madrid having signed Nuri Sahin, who could ably fill Alonso's position and with Sami Khedira also in their ranks the the 29-year-old may see his opportunities limited next season, and United may be interested.

With United having lost Paul Scholes, Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly desperate to replace the midfielder and sees Alonso as the perfect addition to his squad.

Reports suggest that United will be able to better Alonso's wages to tempt him back to the Premier League, where he last played with Liverpool.

Alonso has expressed his sorrow in leaving Liverpool in 2009, and a move to The Reds' biggest rivals would be difficult to swallow for many fans.

Alonso reached two Champions League finals with Liverpool in 2005 and 2007.

----
Lol, good luck with that.

By Schmeichel
"At the end of the season Leeds United and I both made a commitment to honour the last year of my contract and try to win promotion with Leeds United,” he said.

"Therefore it is with great disappointment that I have learned that Leeds United have accepted an offer from Leicester.

"I want to put on record that I have never asked to leave Leeds United, nor did I reject an offer for a new contract, since one was never put to me.

"I was enjoying being a Leeds United player and was looking forward to winning promotion this season with the club.

"I have spoken to the manager Simon Grayson and he has made it clear to me, that, in spite of having played well for him, this is something he believes is a good deal for Leeds United.

"I have been put in a very difficult situation and will spend some time considering my options for my future."
If true, then Leeds had done something really stupid IMO.

By Schmeichel

If true, then Leeds had done something really stupid IMO.

Well I firmly believe, that what Kasper is saying is the truth. Nice going Ken ''we will keep hold of our better players'' Bates. Three starting players gone, and it's freaking june. ***k me. :'(

Well I firmly believe, that what Kasper is saying is the truth. Nice going Ken ''we will keep hold of our better players'' Bates. Three starting players gone, and it's freaking june. ***k me. :'(

Once a tw@, always a tw@

Least he's getting back 3 aging over the hill footballers though.

Once a tw@, always a tw@

Least he's getting back 3 aging over the hill footballers though.

And SG is backing Paynter to be a hit next season! Oh well, at least we're going to have the nicest spa complex in the League One.

I have no idea how Leeds can sell Schmeichel, For one we have no backup keeper at all since Higgs left, He was the standout player last season for Leeds and even though they conceeded a **** load of goals they would have conceeded so many more without him between the sticks.Would rather have let him see out his contract and do a Beckford, Johnson, Kilkenny than sell him for 1 million atleast then we would have a solid keeper for another season.

Now we've pretty much lost Schmeichel, Johnson, Kilkenny and Grella, Still need a complete rework in defence as Schmeichel was about all we had in defence last season, I can see Gradel being sold if any club offers even a half decent price on him, Snodgrass aswell if they get another offer of a higher ammount.

Leeds now need, 2 goalkeepers, 3-4 defenders, 2-3 midfielders and maybe another striker since Grella has been allowed to leave.....Thats 7-9 players but thats not a problem at all when you have big spending Bates in charge.

As for the possible signings of Smith, Woodgate and Bowyer, Dont believe that for a second, Forget about would they even be wanted back by the fans, The wages alone make it impossible, Bates has already said Smith would need to knock a 0 off his current wage and probably half it, Very unlikely to happen and the same probably goes for the other two, Someone will take a punt on Woodgate in the premiership i would think, Bowyer too i would expect, Smith is the only realistic signing of the three and with him being so injury prone and the backlash from the fans that may follow i would much rather avoid all three of them and bring in the defenders and midfielders needed.

I'm suprised Leeds have'nt been linked with Kewell aswell seeing as he's out of contract aswell now.

I have no idea how Leeds can sell Schmeichel, For one we have no backup keeper at all since Higgs left, He was the standout player last season for Leeds and even though they conceeded a **** load of goals they would have conceeded so many more without him between the sticks.Would rather have let him see out his contract and do a Beckford, Johnson, Kilkenny than sell him for 1 million atleast then we would have a solid keeper for another season.

Now we've pretty much lost Schmeichel, Johnson, Kilkenny and Grella, Still need a complete rework in defence as Schmeichel was about all we had in defence last season, I can see Gradel being sold if any club offers even a half decent price on him, Snodgrass aswell if they get another offer of a higher ammount.

Leeds now need, 2 goalkeepers, 3-4 defenders, 2-3 midfielders and maybe another striker since Grella has been allowed to leave.....Thats 7-9 players but thats not a problem at all when you have big spending Bates in charge.

As for the possible signings of Smith, Woodgate and Bowyer, Dont believe that for a second, Forget about would they even be wanted back by the fans, The wages alone make it impossible, Bates has already said Smith would need to knock a 0 off his current wage and probably half it, Very unlikely to happen and the same probably goes for the other two, Someone will take a punt on Woodgate in the premiership i would think, Bowyer too i would expect, Smith is the only realistic signing of the three and with him being so injury prone and the backlash from the fans that may follow i would much rather avoid all three of them and bring in the defenders and midfielders needed.

I'm suprised Leeds have'nt been linked with Kewell aswell seeing as he's out of contract aswell now.

I agree with the rest, but I don't think we need another striker really. McCormack was very good when he had the chance, Becchio obviously had a very good season and Somma wasn't bad either. If we're going to play one upfront next season also, Paynter is an ok back-up's back up. ;)

Hopefully the likes of Lees, Nunez and White get their chance to impress next season. Nunez and Lees were both very good on loan for their respective teams and White was decent also. Apparently Clayton was ok too.

Ps. We've been linked with Kewell, indeed! I don't know how out of context it was taken, but he said something about playing with ''the boys'' again, or something. XD He is the last player I'd like to see in the Leeds shirt again, though.

Not a transfer rumour per-se, but it's Downing holding up a Liverpool scarf.
yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/hs6vfpsnj Shared by Mick_Birchall
http://yfrog.com/hs6vfpsnj

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Udinese representative Quique Pina on Alexis Sanchez's transfer to Barcelona: "It's 80% done and the other 20% is what's to be ironed out."

What a ****. Didnt Paul Ince and Reyes do the same sort of things before like Reyes wore a Madrid shirt whilst an Arsenal player and Ince wore a Utd shirt whilst he was I think a West ham player?

I think it's Photoshopped

They are both on Holiday in Ibiza. Could be, but looks pretty real. :S

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Newcastle have supposedly enquired about Bendtner.

Twitter

AVFCOfficial Aston Villa FC
Brian Doogan, our head of media, has spoken to Stewart Downing and he can confirm the picture circulating the internet is a FAKE. #avfc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back