• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's Photoshopped

MirrorFootball MirrorFootball
Breaking: Stewart Downing has assured Aston Villa that the Liverpool scarf picture is a fake. Story to follow.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

@SkyBet_Steve: Newcastle continue to be linked with QPR playmaker Adel Taarabt. He's 5/1 to join the Toon, 7/1 Chelsea and Arsenal and 16/1 to move to Liverpool. See latest transfer betting markets.

@mattspiro - Lens president Gervais Martel says he's turned down #MUFC & R Madrid offers for Raphael Varane and is working with PSG to keep him in France

Matuidi and Erding agent hints at NUFC move - NUFC Latest News - Newcastle United - ChronicleLive

Erdinç and Matuidi's agent is hinting that they'd be interested in a move to Newcastle.

“Any player in France would love to come to Newcastle – they are an absolutely fantastic club. All the French lads who go to Newcastle are really enthusiastic about the club and the football public in the North East too. Newcastle has a place in the hearts of French football. Great players like Laurent Robert and David Ginola have played there and enjoyed it and the supporters loved them too. Of course any French player would be interested in Newcastle.”

It's not that fake, if it is fake. Assuming it's photoshopped, it's done very well, and pro.

Lense flare and bad shadowing, but I was referring to the fact that Stewart Downing wouldn't be that stupid.

Oh, and just pointing out that Downing has been in Ibiza for the past two weeks, unlike Carroll who has been in Barbados. ;)

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

A few more Villa transfer rumours:

Steven Davis to make a return? (unlikely)

NRC to make a return? (Would love this so much)

Loic Damour to, uh, not make a return as such, but still move (worth a punt, surely)

Last edited:
I hope Wigan go for Kranjcar, his wages may steer us away though :(

flying-pigs.jpg

I think EVERYone below about the top 6 is hoping they sign Kranjcar. Cracking player. I'd love him as at Villa.

Round up of recent stories:
Clichy WILL leave Arsenal this summer (I really do not see why), a **** of alot of Premier League interest from City and Liverpool but his likely destination is Italy in my opinion probably with Juve/Inter (Juve...).
Wenger will most likely replace him with Tremoulinas from Bordeaux or Cissokho/Turan from Ligue 1, crazy amounts of speculation regarding Coentrao to the gunners but there is no way in **** Wenger will meet his 80k a week wage demands.
Gervinho update: Discussions between himself and Arsenal are ongoing, the fee is all but agreed but this is not going to get done any time soon (Ones mind goes back to Wenger-Chamakh saga of 2 summers ago),
PSG update: MADNESS at the minute with them being bought (70 pct) by the Qatari investment fund (Royal family) so obviously Eto'o Kaka Anelka Benzema Nasri etc are all linked with moves which is frankly MENTAL. The facts are yes Leonardo will draw some talent to the club and PSG are historically brilliant with signing Brazilians HOWEVER do I see Eto etc who are on 12 million euro+ a year moving to PSG? **** no.
The level of players PSG will attract I believe will be similar to Malaga in La Liga who have recently signed Toulalan and Mathijsen to their ranks for huge money. The typical level for PSG and Ligue 1 taken into account would be youngsters and people like Menez at Roma they are real possibilities. I find it fascinating frankly that the only 2 clubs showing serious interest in the young Lucas at Sao Paulo is PSG and Liverpool 2 clubs in similar positions, if any move is made the player will have chosen one over the other..
Kaka's future?
Well Madrid did 'leak' that next season they will be adopting a 4-3-3 one assumes to incorporate Sahin Ozil Alonso to the midfield and play Ronaldo Higuain+? Di Maria? Up front so that leaves Kaka out of place since he prefers CAM.
The player does have a relationship with the new director at PSG Leonardo who brought him to Milan BUT the only likely scenario o happen here is a season long loan with a 3-6 million euro fee and wages paid by PSG.

Alexis Sanchez ongoing Barcelona hotel auction update for everyone: AC Milan, United and Inter representatives HAVE left the week long talks now and are understood to be frankly astonished by the ever rising demands of the Udinese president.

So here is the key points I can gather on Sanchez:
Early front runners were United who went as high as 24 million euros plus a squad player and Inter Milan who offered 28 million euros, Coutinho on loan for a season and Suazo both were bluntly put down by the Presidents son who refused to budge from the minimum start of 34 million euros.
Then in came Manchester City with a 33 million euro offer with further incentives depending on games played/International appearances (With an additional clause which states that if the player is injured for a substancial time in a season then those fees get redacted). Barcelona (KEY) then came in with 29 million euros + Bojan (Permanently) which unbelievably was valued at 35 million euros, hence all the speculation in Catalonia/Spanish press about the done deal etc. BUT the Udinese president strikes again puts in a call and raises the minimum price to 43 million euros (HE IS ******* CRAZY), he also sent word to his son to 'suggest' no P/E deals.

So at the minute in some hotel in Barcelona the representatives of Sanchez, Udinese, Man City and Barcelona are working out their next move. Mancini really wants this guy and Barce have all but lined up Rossi for a cheaper fee so they are not fully committed to this purchase, City sat on their hands a bit to basically gather how mad Udinese/Sanchez representatives would be in their demands etc.
Possible spanner in the works could be the news from italy that the Chairman and owner of Malaga were in Udinese apparently 'scouting' local youth players but its understood they visited the Udinese presidents estate for 4 hours yesterday morning on their way out to drop in to Rome.

This is genuinely a soap opera when you find out whats going on here, I mean a frecking AUCTION in a Barcelona hotel, you genuinely could not write this lala.

Neymar-Highly doubt he will move this summer, Santos and his representatives are trashing out a new 8 million pound a year deal with sponsors to keep him where he is. With the Copa Libertedores and Olympics next year

Paulo Henrique 'Ganso'- Not much to say AC Milan have all but signed him for 24 million euros. Disappointed in English clubs since not one even attempted to sign this guy and you pretty much KNOW that 3-4 years down the line just like with Kaka they will all want him for like 50 million pounds etc.

Romelu Lukaku- Anderlecht and Chelsea do have an agreement of 8.9 million Euros but they said they will leave the decision to the player to decide on the best path for him, pretty gentlemanly done by both sides I think putting the players interests first.

Leighton Baines- Rumours with Bayern Munich are understood to be VERY real, Clichy is completely against a move to Germany and that leaves their second choice in Baines. Will be very interesting to follow this one.

Paulo Osvaldo- Sunderland, Newcastle, Tottenham are ALL going to chase the Espanyol forward, Espanyol have basically said 15 million is the fee come and get him and he is genuinely PERFECT for the Premier League in stature and attributes so he is guaranteed to be wanted and in demand.

Fabio Coentrao- Madrid are obviously linked with him due to the whole Jorge Mendes super **** I mean agent connection but Chelsea with Boas will chase the guy hard according to SB reports.

I'll try to get back on and report developments to shoot down/build up speculation on transfers tomorrow.

On the AVB point there is amazingly strong speculation from Portugal that CARLOS QUIEROZ is to be appointed DOF at Stamford Bridge which would frankly be a sensational twist.

One line to bring as well out of Spain: Manchester City are quote: 'Monitoring' David Villas situation with Sandro Rosell bluntly refusing to confirm that he will be there next season which does sound ridiculous but it fuels the speculation wagon.

All aboard the transfer train!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back