Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the late replies been busy putting my hours in at the minute,
Basically Guarin was regarded as a squad player with Micael and Souza ahead of him in the ranks until AVB took charge and ignited his talent so the 9 mill clause is definitely a loophole that FCP want to close on him but he would obviously be open to a bigger move.
Alvaro Perreira clause is unknown to me at the minute (If I was to summarise a guess I would guess around 20 million euros due to Portos structure in regards to full backs and their clauses.

Latest developments from Belgium: Lukaku will be a Chelsea player in some capacity by the end of this summer, at the minute Anderlecht have said to Chelsea he is yours for the 8 million euro bid (3 mill of that based on apps) but both clubs have left the decision basically to Lukaku as to whether he wants to join Chelsea now or have one more season in the Pro League. Deals pretty much tied up it just depends on the player now.

Y. El Ghannasy- Sunderland, Everton, Leverkusen and Sevilla are fighting for his 2 million pound signature from Belgium, can not pick a destination its a pretty tight race for him.

Paulo Osvaldo of Espanyol is talking to 3 unnamed Premier League clubs, I am 95 pct sure one of them is Newcastle. Basically Espanyol put the pricetag of 13 million euros-ish and said if you want him come get him Premiership teams and Everton, Fulham, Newcastle, Spurs even Fergies scouts took a look at him. The other 2 clubs imo? Fulham and Spurs I would guess to be honest, you will probably catch a line on SSN when he decides later in the week this will probably be done before 1.7.11.

Aguero- Frustratingly for me as a Premiership fan he looks 70 pct set to Juventus (Who have zero European football next season), somehow they have promised AM president the 49 million release clause (Madness.) And the AM hierarchy have one policy now in dealing with Aguero, make sure he doesn't go to Real Madrid I am just very surprised no Premiership team has came in for him, I mean Chelsea could replace Lamps with him and turn Aguero into a CAM. I'm not saying this one is done but Juve are the only team who have matched his clause and Aguero has said he wants a 'big' club and not CL football.

Sanchez developments: I have no i-*******-dea what on earth Man City are still doing in that hotel they haven't made a bid to Udinese in 3 days. Barcelonas 3rd bid of 34 million euros plus Jeffren which was rejected flatly by Udinese.

Another personal note to Barcelona- Don't come out saying you have a 40 mill euro budget when you clearly ******* don't, I know why they did it so people wouldnt price them out of deals but **** me Barce its a bit obvious when you bid 30 million for Cesc at the same time.

Clichy- Has 3 offers on the table (CONTRACT not transfer bids I can confirm it has passed that stage), Juventus, Inter Milan and Liverpool. (There was 5 more offers made, 1 from Russia, 2 from Turkey and 2 unrealistic options from France/England)

Nigel Reo Coker- I truly believe he will go to Italy/Germany and does have offers from 'reputable' Italian teams

Napoli have made an approach to Werder Bremen over Marko Marin in a 5 million euro deal, (For those unaware Marin has basically been transfer listed against his own will at WB for around 5-6 million despite him being one of Germanys hottest talents WB just feel let down that he didn't 'carry' him). Napoli have also offered for Boca star Sergio Araujo of an unknown fee.

Liverpool have sent Comolli (Terrible misspell apologies) off to Sociedad in an attempt to lure the attached winger Antoine Griezmann in an attempt to get their top targets rather than go for their 2nd choice Ettienne winger. Sources in Spain are emphasising that Real Sociedad would sell him for the offer on the table however the player is not too keen to move away from Spain despite the fact hes French. (If I was to guess it would be around the offer Liverpool tabled to Ettiene, around 16-18 million euros).

Manchester City- Genuinely no news on Citys dealings whatsoever except for the sudden outbreak of reports in France (past week) that Sakho from Paris Saint Germain is 'set' for a 9.3 million pound move to City, these are too intense a reports to be pure speculation but I am dubious due to the fact that PSG are owned by the Qatari Investment Fund (70 pct) so this link was always going to arise.

A line to Manchester United fans off topic of transfers, the people who are at PSG ARE the exact guys that tabled 3 offers for Man United and because it angers me so much that United fans have not got the whole story here is the essential 'jist' of the QIF intentions/bids in the past 12 months:

1. First bid was made around February 2010 and amounted to 736 million pounds to buy the Glaziers shares essentially giving them 736 million pound profit since they spent 0 of their own money buying the club. So to clarify that 736 million pounds WAS NOT the normal takeover thing of buying the club it was just for the shares not for clearing Uniteds 500 million pound debt. But here is what they actually offered:
736 million to the glaziers for their majority holdings
An investment of 600 million in MUFC parent company MUFC holdings who the Glaziers loans+interest are held accountable to so in essence they would wipe the slate with around 100 million spare to invest in the club (Their strategy was using that to affirm a base in the Asian market, mainly in the form of a huge 'MUFC Asia Centre' in Dubai/Qatar. So to clarify the QIF (Essentially the Qatari royal family/government), offer 1.3 billion pounds+ to takeover a clean debt free Man United with pure capital no loans/bonds etc.

2. Second offer:
Same as the first BUT an extra 50 million in the 'Glazier pot' and an extra incentive that the Glaziers would get the equivalent of 10 pct of MUFC revenue in annual payments in the next 5 years (Again out of the QIF own pocket not the club balance, just the funds that matched 10 pct not actually 10 pct taken from the club). AGAIN the Glazers rejected the approach. This was around August, it got some publicity but full details were never disclosed.

3. Third offer- (Final offer) 976 million to the Glaziers, 600 to the holdings (Astronomical figures) to a grand total of around a 1.5 billion pound takeover of MUFC and its parent company. Again all the incentives/details of the previous offers but this time it included a one off tax free payment to the Glazier family for their 'debt management/service to the company' (I know, I know hilarious) which is all but tax free essentially so it would be pure capital with no cap/limit on it. That figure was pretty well hidden but I believe it is upwards of an extra 100 million pounds. AGAIN they rejected it. This was the one that did get publicity in the FT and tabloids but they posted the figure 1b but it was actually alot more than that.

I think its a joke, I only found out the details around 1 month ago and it makes my stomach turn that the Glaziers can do that and I am no United fan but they are a disgrace. The reason I bring this up is with the QIF is with them taking over the PSG it all but ends their interest in United through no fault of United/the team/the fans/themselves but through the Glazers.

I just think they are a disgrace to football everywhere for rejecting those offers.

I know its a bit out of context but its just frustrating that now with them at PSG they will more likely than not never go back in with an offer for United. I guess Im in a 'if only' kind of mood lol.

*Edit to the 'Glazers spent nothing' They did put in like 180 million which they have easily got back over the past 6 years through the bond scheme/personal dividends etc.

have to say i really enjoy reading your posts on here Jimmer :)

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming saga lol. Didn't they say they would'nt pay anymore than 35 million for him? Imo he's worth more than that.

45 M is what we want, they dont want to pay that though

Alberto Aquilani is heading back to Liverpool for pre-season after his agent confirmed they were unable to find any Serie A clubs who wanted him.

@SkyGraemeBailey

Oh well, guess this had to happen at some point. Athletic Bilbao will make Mikel Arteta their number one target if Fernando Garcia Macua wins the forthcoming elections. Arteta was keen to make a return to his homeland last summer but he ended up staying at Goodison Park. This makes me very sad. However, I must stress, I would not begrudge him a move. He's put in a real stint for us, and we basically need every penny we can get. But he would be very sorely missed.

Oh well, guess this had to happen at some point. Athletic Bilbao will make Mikel Arteta their number one target if Fernando Garcia Macua wins the forthcoming elections. Arteta was keen to make a return to his homeland last summer but he ended up staying at Goodison Park. This makes me very sad. However, I must stress, I would not begrudge him a move. He's put in a real stint for us, and we basically need every penny we can get. But he would be very sorely missed.

Well, we had a decent run without him last season. Hopefully we can replace him. Plus, I like Bilbao, wouldn't be too ******, as long as it means we get a few quid...

Well, we had a decent run without him last season. Hopefully we can replace him. Plus, I like Bilbao, wouldn't be too ******, as long as it means we get a few quid...

Yeah I guess. Would still miss seeing him in the Everton shirt. Been pretty much a talisman for the club. If he did go to Bilbao he'd improve them a lot with his creativity.

Hes very young and from what I seeing a quality player with comparisons to Xavi. Would be happy with paying 18 Million for him and he is exactly what we need, one can hope.

Juventus appear to be closing in on the biggest deal of the summer so far with Sky Italia reporting they have agreed terms with Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero.

Aguero, 23, is widely expected to quit the Vicente Calderon during the close season after publicly stating his desire to bring the curtain down on his four year stay with the club.

Atletico's city rivals Real were believed to be leading the chase for his signature with Los Blancos boss Jose Mourinho confirming his admiration in the diminutive hitman.

Aguero's father-in-law Diego Maradona appeared to confirm as much, when he claimed Real have been interested in Aguero for some time and that he would remain in the Spanish capital.

Aguero himself had recently said that no decision would be made about his future until after the Copa America, which will be played from July 1 to July 24 in his homeland where he is expected to be a key player in Sergio Batista's plans.

However, reports emanating in Italy claim Aguero has in actual fact agreed a deal to move to Turin, although Juve have yet to agree a fee with Atletico.

General director Giuseppe Marotta admitted in an interview with Corriere dello Sport last week that Aguero was indeed one of their targets, who they now look to be closing in on.

"Aguero is a great player and when I speak of enhancing the quality level of Juventus I am referring also to the Argentinian player," he said.

Los Colchoneros have been insistent that any club wishing to buy Aguero will need to pay his release clause in full which is believed to be €45million (Dh236.1m).

Juve have now given the clearest indication yet that they are indeed willing to pay the sum to acquire Aguero as the new boss and club legend Antonio Conte looks to return the Old Lady to summit of Italian football.

Juve missed out on a spot in Europe next season after finishing seventh in Serie A, but have already shown their ambition this summer with the captures of Andrea Pirlo and Reto Ziegler from AC Milan and Sampdorai respectively.

They have also secured permanent deals for quartet Alessandro Matri (Cagliari), Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli), Simone Pepe (Udinese) and Marco Motta (Udinese), who all spent last season on loan at the club.

The capture of Aguero would certainly trump all of those however, and would send out an ominous warning to their rivals that they mean business once again after a number of disappointing seasons.

Premier League giants Chelsea have also been linked with Aguero, with some reports recently suggesting owner Roman Abramovich was willing to bankroll a £50million (Dh300m) bid for the striker.

However, the Blues appear to have now switched their attentions to Porto's prolific Colombian, Radamel Falcao, following the the arrival of his former boss Andre-Villas Boas in the Stamford Bridge hotseat this past week.

Never seen this guy play is he really worth 18m?

He is one of Barcelona's special talents. Looked amazing in the under 21's and has certainly has the ability to glide past anyone and pick out a pass. If you look at the likes of Henderson, Jones and other English talent going for 20mill+ then he certainly is worth 18mill.

Little bitesize on Ricky Alvarez of Velez, the 6''2 midfielder is basically set for a move to Europe, Palermos ever vocal president is proclaiming he will sign for them (in the same paragraph he also noted that he has rejected a 40 million euro bid from an anononimous team for Pastore which according to him will be the 25th of the summer so far...lol).

Trying to cut through the **** and inform people on what I can gather, Alvarez's agent is the same one as the young Arsenal GK Martinez who Wenger is very keen on and the club values his relationship in dealings on the continent. Arsenal have scouted him numerous times and do see him becoming into a hybrid of Paulo Henrique/Patrick Veira (Can tackle and track back but holds all the on ball attributes and technical attributes to be a creative playmaker). Not entirely sure I think the 20 year old Argentine has that kind of potential but what do I know lol, bids have been submitted to Velez in the region of 3 million pounds (Structured deals not pure capital bids). I can't confirm that they have been accepted but the recent press reports (Emanating from basically ''Agency Velez'' who hold most of Velez' players and Arsenals intermediatary agent IS trying to broker a deal I believe since he possesses around 30 pct of Ricky Alvarez).

I should state at this point that if Alvarez accepts Palermo he will still be under 3rd party ownership and would get loaned back to Velez, whereas Premier League and Arsenal policy dictates they would need to buyout all parties and own the player 100 pct (I think they are trying to maneuver a deal through the agent so that its a little less complicated.)

So, again, I can't predict this one but what I will say is if Ricky Alvarez goes to Palermo that pretty much would spark a bidding war for Pastore (Not in th 40 million euro region) but realistically I can see their being Prem League/La Liga interest of around 22-28 million euros mark. Palermo are pretty much a selling club as their president always says so either way Ricky Alvarez has a big say on how Wenger starts the summer/where Pastore goes.

I'll try to nip back on later I have some more news on a few South Americans and French players who have flown into England in the past 48 hours for presumably talks/medicals I mean who wants to holiday here. Also there is a surprise in that Christian Benitez IS in talks with Sunderland over a 4 million pound move! What a return that would be, again MADNESS

What? The Palermo president said the OPPOSITE of that. He said Palermo lost out, and he'd signed for Arsenal.

Also - unless a lot is being paid to 3rd parties (which I find it difficult to believe Arsenal would be any part of) - the bid is significantly higher than £3m. More like £8m, rising to £10m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back