Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen this guy play is he really worth 18m?

Simple answer, yes.

Amazing technique, similar traits to Xavi. It's his attitude that stinks I think, something that if he sorts out he will be up there with the best.

Charlie Adam deal was finalised last night. He's an LFC player - will be announced today or tomorrow.

Udinese owner Gianpaolo Pozzo claims Manchester City are the favourites to land Alexis Sanchez.
It appeared as though the Premier League outfit had been overtaken in the race for the Chilean's signature by Barcelona.
Udinese, though, believe the Blues are the club most likely to put together a package capable of landing the highly-rated 22-year-old.
At the moment, City are reluctant to meet Sanchez's £44million valuation, with Roberto Mancini hoping to strike a deal closer to £30million.
Udinese are prepared to stand firm in the transfer market and ensure that they get the best possible price, but Pozzo concedes that there is little the Serie A outfit can do if City present a suitable offer.
He said: "If he was to leave, I would say that City have the highest probability of success."
Should City make their move, they will hope to have an agreement in place by the time Sanchez takes in his first game for Chile at the Copa America on 4th July.

Mancini will get his man.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7005795,00.html

This must be a really old article? The same kind of article was a week or 2 ago.

EDIT: Ohh..it wasn't the same one.

Last edited:
Luka-rative deal! Spurs want to make Modric highest paid player in their history

Luka Modric will become the highest-paid player in Tottenham's history if he agrees to stay at White Hart Lane this summer.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will hold talks with the Chelsea target when the player returns for pre-season training on July 6 and hopes that a double-your-money offer of £90,000 a week will persuade the Croat to pledge his long-term future to the club.

Levy, known for being strict in financial matters, has told Modric, Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon they will not be sold at any price as Spurs bid for a return to the Champions League.

But he is also aware that 25-year-old Modric's £45,000 weekly wage - nearly £2million a year less than top earners Peter Crouch and Robbie Keane - makes the club vulnerable to offers from Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea, whose £22m bid for the midfielder was turned down a fortnight ago.

Modric would prefer to stay in London despite the higher wages on offer from United and City, while Chelsea's failure to follow up their initial bid suggests Roman Abramovich will not approach the £50m British record which prised Fernando Torres from Liverpool.

New manager Andre Villas-Boas could offer Didier Drogba as bait for a deal. That might appeal to Spurs boss Harry Redknapp, but Levy is sticking rigidly to his policy and allowing Modric to leave would affect the club's long-term ambitions.
If Modric calls for an exit clause in a new contract, it is unlikely Levy will accept it below £50m. While Modric is disappointed about Tottenham's failure to qualify for the Champions League, he is happy at the club and an improved deal could persuade him to stay.

Chelsea's £22m bid was slammed by Redknapp as 'ridiculous' and Levy declared his star asset was not for sale 'at any price'.

Modric, quoted as saying that Chelsea were 'a big club with an ambitious owner', has no plans to rock the boat further and will report for pre-season training in 10 days' time.

But his future will depend on negotiations between Levy and Modric's representatives. A source said: 'Daniel Levy has been adamant that the key players for Tottenham's long-term success - Bale, Lennon and Modric - will not be sold.

'The things that Luka said about Chelsea have created a bit of a mess but the Spurs fans will be happy to see him back. It needs all sides to sit down and discuss the way forward.

'Apart from the one offer from Chelsea, there have been no further bids from anyone.'

Modric signed three years ago after helping Croatia reach the quarter-finals of Euro 2008. He has developed into one of the most sought-after stars in the Premier League, with Chelsea wanting him to add creativity and United boss Sir Alex Ferguson viewing him as a potential replacement for Paul Scholes.

Spurs want to make Luka Modric highest paid player in their history | Mail Online

Talks between Sergio Ramos and Real Madrid have broke down, his brother & agent has said they have received inquiries. Source.

Mourinho loves his Maicon, so I think the simple soultion here is to swap the two players. Of course, I'd love Ramos at United but we have the Da Silvas so we're covered.

I wont believe any source, no way Ramos is gonna leave Madrid. He is a icon and one of the best in his position. Madrid supporters will go mad if they sell Ramos..

What? The Palermo president said the OPPOSITE of that. He said Palermo lost out, and he'd signed for Arsenal.

Also - unless a lot is being paid to 3rd parties (which I find it difficult to believe Arsenal would be any part of) - the bid is significantly higher than £3m. More like £8m, rising to £10m.

Neither club will pay 8 million euros+ for him that much I do know. (On Arsenals part Wenger wouldn't pay that mostly due to the amount of pressure it would put on the player).

The top bid for either would be 5 million each, they feel they can get Velez to accept for 3 million and obviously I have no idea what the price to buy the 70 pct stake from the 3rd party agency would be. And as for you trying to dispel what I said based on a ******* ZAMPARINI quote well thats laughable. If you used that argument of what the Palermo president Zampo said to Italian journalists you would be laughed out of the room. He says a new thing every day, he did say in an interview 72 hours ago that Ricky had 'practically' signed for Arsenal. But he also said less than 48 hours ago that he hasn't, never trust what club presidents say its all about gamesmanship, he's put the pressure on Arsenal and Wenger to tie up a deal or it looks like Palermo beat them to him.

Football politics is murky water which is why half the **** you read in tabloids/rumour websites is basically smoke and you need to work unbelievably hard to track down the fire (if there is any at all).

Here is the latest Zamparini quote:
Palermo president Zamparini: Pastore could join Chelsea | Transfer News & Rumors | tribalfootball.com

Hes well known for saying absolute BS to be frank, he wants Alvarez to replace Pastore if he eventually goes this summer but not for his unbelievable 40 mill asking price.

Third party point- Rules and regulations in Serie A are pretty murky compared to Premier League protocol so the 3rd party agency could still withold a stake in Pastore but obviously Arsenal would not touch him with a bargepole if the agency ask for upwards of 3 million pounds as a buyout fee.

Arsenals agent fee cap is around 3 million euros anymore and Wenger refuses to deal (I should point out to AFC fans that very rarely does it exceed 2 million in deals the 3 million cap was only put in place after the Arshavin deal which included a 'significant' agent fee.

Hopefully I answered your questions on the Ricky Alvarez deal, if I was Arsenal fans I would be thinking more about Subotic of Dortmund who will leave the German Champions and will be available for around 10 million I would put my neck out saying Arsenal will definitely approach BD for him in the next 2-3 weeks.

I should point out the point on Alberto Aquilani as well, he will be staying at Liverpool until at least mid pre season, Juventus basically went back on the agreed 'future price' agreement from his loan which was set at 12 and they bid 6 million when he went back to England which Liverpool flatly rejected. Sounds mad that another CM player will be there but Kenny does want to take a look at him pre season to assess whether he has a first team role in the team before he decides on his future.

Sorry Im so late replying and only managing one post a day but its hectic here at the minute,

David De Gea line- Late interest from Juventus attempting to hijack the deal (unlikely imo) but De Gea has now took his holidays and will return in around 10 days with his decision (I would expect significant movement on this within the week). I would assume that he will have his MUFC medical soon sticking my neck out again I would say within the next 2 weeks he will be a MUFC player.

I'll be more active in reporting/answering your queries on what I'm reporting from the 30th of June lads but like I said hectic around here at the minute.

Can't be bothered to check if this has been reported but Bojan has joined Roma (Or will do on the 1.7.11)

This deal is pretty complicated but here it is:
Season long loan to Roma from Barce
At any point during the loan roma can purchase Bojan for 9.7 million euros
BUT the 2 seasons after (if) he is purchased by Roma there is a buy back clause within those 2 years where Barcelona can purchase Bojan back for 15 million euros

On Barcelonas part there is definitely a sense of avoiding another Fabregas where they let a top youngster go and he develops to the player they always he could be they have the option to bring him back. Bojans development has definitely stalled and the loan is good for both parties as no one is 100 pct sure whether Bojan will develop into a top class player or not at this point.

Barcelonas policy this summer is clearing out some of their B team players from the club like Montoya, Soriano, Muniesa, Dos Santos etc hoping to add an extra 15 million euros all together to their net '40' million euro transfer budget.

Last edited:
tbh i really coundn't care if we got this alverez guy or not

Villas-Boas has told Michael Essien that he's free to find another club and can start with negotiations. (via twitter EPL_es)

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal make club record £18m bid for Spain Under 21 star Juan Mata

Arsenal have launched a club record £18m bid for Valencia midfielder Juan Mata as Arsene Wenger finally prepared to open the chequebook.
With their Barclays Premier League title rivals having already strengthened since the transfer window re-opened, the Gunners are now planning their own summer spending spree - beginning with the capture of the Spanish Under 21 star.
Club officials spoke to the 23-year-old’s agent and father - also Juan - with Mata now happy to discuss his future with the European Under 21 Championships complete.

Skilful Mata can play in central midfield or on the left wing and was also part of Spain’s 2010 World Cup winning squad - making one 20-minute substitute appearance against Honduras in the group stages.
His eye for goal and assists are why Wenger is willing to smash the club’s current transfer record - £13m for Russian star Andrey Arshavin - to bring the Spaniard to the Emirates.

Former Real Madrid youth player Mata was one of the stars of Spain’s victorious Under 21 side in Denmark, scoring two goals in the tournament, and has been identified by Wenger as the man to help ease the blow of Cesc Fabregas’ increasingly inevitable departure to Barcelona.
Reports in Spain on Sunday evening suggested that Fabregas, currently on holiday in Ibiza with Barca's Carles Pulyol and Gerard Piquet, will refuse to return to Arsenal for pre-season training on July 5.

But Wenger may have to act fast to head off Barcelona and Manchester City — who are also vying with Chelsea to sign Udinese and Chile winger Alexis Sanchez — and Liverpool.
The Gunners boss must also be alarmed that Inter Milan have moved to hijack Arsenal’s move for Argentinian playmaker Ricky Alvarez.

And new Inter Milan boss Gian Piero Gasperini has targeted Alvarez as his first signing after tabling an official bid for the £12million-rated man, who is also target for Palermo, Roma and Malaga.

Read more: [URL]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1QQSyejfU[/URL]

Daily Mail but would be a EPIC signing if it happened

Twitter

According to him, Chelsea have had a 30M bid rejected for Villa and Man Utd have bid 16.9M for Thiago.

Probably just a PR exercise (has been dismissed as such by usually reliable local journalist), but Sissoko's agent came out yesterday saying that he was negotiations are ongoing with Newcastle, Liverpool, Lyon and Inter.

The link with Lyon is serious, but it is not the only one, there are also negotiations with Liverpool, Newcastle and Inter. Things should seriously move next week. His priority is a club with a major sporting project.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_7006800,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back