Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want to mention it in case someone came back with the rebuttal that that's only for English players...

Fair enough.

And we might do - but £35m + add-ons is still primarily £35m and insulting to both us and Fabregas. While they arrogantly slap a €90m release-clause fee in Thiago's new contract, they stick to their belief (albeit with less public ****) that we "stole" him from them and that they're in some way entitled to a cut-price deal.

If they're going to overpay for someone like Sanchez, Neymar or Rossi - they can ****** well overpay for Fabregas (a better player than all of them, with 4 years left on his contract and a captain's arm-band).

Also - think it's been acknowledged for a while now that Arsenal will have to do business if Barca a) conduct themselves properly and not like 6 year old's throwing their toys out of the pram, and b) make a sensible bid of £40-5m.

CuCo was an appropriate abbreviation used by Arseblog - Arsenal's stance is essentially: Cough up, or **** off.

Do you read Arseblog now? It's actually very good.

CuCo was an appropriate abbreviation used by Arseblog - Arsenal's stance is essentially: Cough up, or **** off.

Surely Pay up, or **** off would be a much less uncomfortable turn of phrase? ;)

I'm with GC. PuPo sounds funnier than CuCo ;)

Although I think Cuco means Cuckoo in Spanish - a nice description of Barca and their delirious transfer bids

Edit - added quotes (the post makes me look a bit cuckoo myself without them!)

Last edited:
Not really. Used to, but got bored of reading "****" every other word and he seems a bit up himself.

Haven't seen **** actually, although he does like to repeat himself quite a bit which is quite annoying. He does seem up himself, always says he's hangover and **** like that..

Pretty sensational line to come out of Munich in the past 24 hours, ''Forward Mario Gomez has been told he can leave the club for the right price''. I personally expected something like this despite him being well paid and scoring goals like they're going out of fashion last season Bayern definitely feel hes very good but not 'world class' good so I think he will be allowed to leave for around 20-24 million euros depending on the club coming in. Zenit will definitely try to grab him but I highly doubt he will step down especially considering he should be going into his prime, I personally can see him going to Juventus especially since the top Premier League clubs have no need for him and Liverpool opted for Carroll instead.
A line on Gourcuff at Lyon as well: He is unsettled and again the ever resolute Turin press are claiming backroom deals are being done which include Mo Sissoko coing the other way.

Sanchez Situation: Personally I think he will stay at Udinese, Barce will not put down 40 million on him especially when Guardiola is not overly keen on interrupting his front line of Pedro Villa Messi but its the kids own fault City put down a very reasonable offer with 140k a week rising 5 pct a year wages with extra bonuses if they win trophies but Sanchez and his agent flatly refused and clearly want the Barce move.

Diego Forlan to England: He would definitely be open to it but the ball is firmly in Spurs' court, Atletico said 7 million and hes yours and Spurs will obviously pay that but they are stalling and trying to make a judgement call on whether Forlan can still deliver at the top level for the next few years. Levy is very apprehensive about investing in an ageing player who has had a difficult season without assurances that Redknapp will be here next season (England and all) And that is why Spurs fans are asking 'why haven't we spent any money yet?' Levy just doesn't want to invest in players for Harry just to see him jump **** next year.

Savic to City deal by the way is a great bit of business for PB and City who no doubt have a talented CB (Replacing him>Boateng most likely). Blackburn Rovers owners have opened preliminary discussions with Al-Ahli in the UAE over establishing 'links' which is unrelated I know but they really are trying to make BR a global brand.
Paulo Osvaldo update: Still talking to 3 Premier League clubs over 15 million euros moves from Espanyol, the only one I know for sure out of the 3 is Newcastle but educated guesswork would tell me from their aged interest that the other 2 are one of Fulham/Spurs/Aston Villa (Everton watched him for like 15 games last season but the only reason I doubt its them is they have 0 money available atm).

And Gervinho should be tied up definitively within the next 48 hours since the 2 clubs agreed a compromise of 12.5 million with future add on's depending on European appearances and goals scored.

Butting My Oar In, By The Current Market Of Players Then Fabregas Is Worth At Least 40-45 Million POUNDS I Agree

Last edited:
True.. But even if he has been pushing for a move in private (i'd be surprised at even that, tbh but maybe I'm being naive) - that only forces us to talk to Barca, not to sell cut-price. Unless he goes public, we're in the driving seat as far as negotiations are concerned. And it's hardly disastrous if we keep him against his will - realistically, he isn't going to be able to run down a 4 year contract so the only other option would be to go public or keep quiet. He doesn't want to lose the respect of pretty much every Arsenal fan on the planet so I don't think he'll do the former ;)

He does have every Barca player, board member, coach, cleaner seemingly going public for him though!

He doesn't HAVE manhood. He's a spoilt girl doing some window-shopping! ;)

Since when have we been talking about Abramhovic/The Sheikh?

Sanchez Situation: Personally I think he will stay at Udinese, Barce will not put down 40 million on him especially when Guardiola is not overly keen on interrupting his front line of Pedro Villa Messi but its the kids own fault City put down a very reasonable offer with 140k a week rising 5 pct a year wages with extra bonuses if they win trophies but Sanchez and his agent flatly refused and clearly want the Barce move.

I think saying it's his fault with not moving to City.

They only are playing at the same level as Udinese, both will be in the Champions League. I'm quite glad he doesn't want to go to City, shows not everyone is motivated by money.

I think saying it's his fault with not moving to City.

They only are playing at the same level as Udinese, both will be in the Champions League. I'm quite glad he doesn't want to go to City, shows not everyone is motivated by money.

Man City is a better team than Udinese though. And I don't really know why people keep saying Man City is just "money". Screw history, it's now that counts, Man City has a good team, and it has ambition.

Man City is a better team than Udinese though. And I don't really know why people keep saying Man City is just "money". Screw history, it's now that counts, Man City has a good team, and it has ambition.

I'm pretty sure Sanchez doesn't see it as a big enough set up.

And he has good players around him at Udinese. Di Natale, Zapata, Inler, Asamoah, he'll do fine.

On the above point, Inlers out the door (When England played Switzerland he was on the brink of a Juve move but it stalled but Napoli/half of Europe will buy him for the ridiculously cheap price he's put up at 8 million euros)
And Udinese have to qualify to get to the group stages in the UCL City qualified automatically not to mention the ambition at City. Udinese are what they are a brilliantly ran club who always make money on players and have a great youth system/scouting network but the attraction factor is poor. They're a small Italian town which is never really sunny/hot and has fog surrounding it almost all year round with not alot of local passion/interest compared to Man City and their millions.

But it was his choice and Mancinis statement struck me to be absolute and firm he basically said 'Sanchez had the chance to join us, we really wanted him but he turned us down so he will not get another chance'. If I was to put my devil hat on I would say the reason he tailed City along was to make Barcelona more interested and up the price so the Udinese hierarchy would accept their bid.

Asamoah and Di Natale are brilliant players but just like the last time a few years ago when Udinese went into the UCL they sold half their first team (Making alot of money I will add) And re invested/restructured and its how Udinese is ran. Personally if I was a player here is what I would be wanting in my career with regards to City/Udinese, start my senior career at Udinese get 2 seasons or so under my belt see where I stand then and move to City who are a club who constantly build not rebuild.

Zapata, Inler, Isla and a few more will all leave this summer thats a guarantee, Asamoah Di Natale are 2 players who wont leave but Udinese are fine they have plenty of youngsters to bring through.

On the above point, Inlers out the door (When England played Switzerland he was on the brink of a Juve move but it stalled but Napoli/half of Europe will buy him for the ridiculously cheap price he's put up at 8 million euros)
And Udinese have to qualify to get to the group stages in the UCL City qualified automatically not to mention the ambition at City. Udinese are what they are a brilliantly ran club who always make money on players and have a great youth system/scouting network but the attraction factor is poor. They're a small Italian town which is never really sunny/hot and has fog surrounding it almost all year round with not alot of local passion/interest compared to Man City and their millions.

But it was his choice and Mancinis statement struck me to be absolute and firm he basically said 'Sanchez had the chance to join us, we really wanted him but he turned us down so he will not get another chance'. If I was to put my devil hat on I would say the reason he tailed City along was to make Barcelona more interested and up the price so the Udinese hierarchy would accept their bid.

Asamoah and Di Natale are brilliant players but just like the last time a few years ago when Udinese went into the UCL they sold half their first team (Making alot of money I will add) And re invested/restructured and its how Udinese is ran. Personally if I was a player here is what I would be wanting in my career with regards to City/Udinese, start my senior career at Udinese get 2 seasons or so under my belt see where I stand then and move to City who are a club who constantly build not rebuild.

Zapata, Inler, Isla and a few more will all leave this summer thats a guarantee, Asamoah Di Natale are 2 players who wont leave but Udinese are fine they have plenty of youngsters to bring through.

Thanks for the info man, you do have a great round-up here.

I know they need to qualify, but it's a possibility. And they are fantastically run as a club, and they will continue to grow in my eyes if they get to a point where they can keep talent. I don't blame Sachez for tailing City on to get Barca interested, but I think if he did have the offer, he must have had a reason to stay. In my opinion, Sanchez is a 40 million euro player at the moment, he had an awesome season, and probably had hoped Inter would have joined the race too.

Manchester isn't always that attractive either, a la Tevez rants, and Udine seems pretty picturesce next to the Alps. And agreed, Battochio looks a magnificent player in the youth system.

Personally, I can see Udinese becoming a team such as Villareal, a decent and dangerous team in a small city but will always have talent in their ranks.

Battochio is one of my personal hottest talents for next season and the main reason they are selling Inler I think is so they can break him through to the 1st team next season. I have a feeling Udinese will try and broker some sort of deal with Milan for Merkel because he isn't getting a sniff and Udinese have admired him for 2 years +.

Line from Manchester:
Mancini is focused on buying that's for sure , though Napoli's president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, yesterday mocked Mancini's claim that Lavezzi's £26m buyout clause is too high. "We all have the money, but we are here and no one has called us," De Laurentiis said. "Hence, this story makes me laugh. My dear Mancini, I am sorry for you. Evidently, you anticipate moves of the Sheikh (Mansour presumably) that are not true to reality.''
De Laurentis is outspoken but he is trying to dispell interest from City with regards to Lavezzi that much is clear, if he comes available for anything around 23 million euros I can 100 pct see City snapping him up.BUT Mancini has said he will sign a forward regardless of Tevezs status so I am being presumptuous here perhaps but I firmly believe City will make a tangeable, full hearted approach for Kun Aguero in the next week. Rumours in Italy are also claiming Citys interest in Clerci of Fiorentina (Good young player...But not sensational and is not a patch on Marin who in my opinion is Citys real target).

Stefan Savic of Partizan Belgrade update: I think this move will be held up until Savic has played the required international games necessary to obtain a British work permit, The requirement is that a player must have played 75 per cent of his nation's competitive games within the previous two years to qualify. Savic has played in three out of nine for Montenegro, though it may be six from 12 by October, which may make the case for a permit easier to sustain at tribunal. Sorry for being technical but it is a complicated system and didn't want to just say to you all 'he aint getting a work permit'. The earliest date for this transfer in my eyes is late/early january depending on the tribunal results.

You got me going on City and distracted me from my work...lol hopefully I have implied some wisdom on the current City situation for everyone.

Haven't seen **** actually, although he does like to repeat himself quite a bit which is quite annoying. He does seem up himself, always says he's hangover and **** like that..

Listen (or rather - don't listen) to the Arsecast. Or read a blog before we play Stoke - **** WILL appear every other word ;)

Why do I always think Gomez is alot older than he is, seems to have been around for ****** ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back