Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in what your saying about Modric, he is a s good as: Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder, Fabregas, Ozil and co.? For **** sake he is not World Class! What has he won? Dont come out with some bullshit stats to prove your point because stats mean NOTHING!

And in reply about Jack Wilshere. Did you not read what i wrote? I praised him to the highest degree possible! But said, during the coarse of the season Parker and Adam where much better and more influential on games.
"isn't that the same Wilshere who was the best player on the pitch against the world's best team?". Ok, Leon Osman got man of the match against Man Utd.. should he of got Barclays Premier League Player Of The Year?

Sneijder and Ozil are completely different players. This is like saying Sneijder is not World class as he is not as good as Messi and Ronaldo. Different positions and roles.

And Wilshere had superb season. This playing for big team wont hold good anymore as Charlie Adam and Parker were nominated for POTY.

Sneijder and Ozil are completely different players. This is like saying Sneijder is not World class as he is not as good as Messi and Ronaldo. Different positions and roles.

And Wilshere had superb season. This playing for big team wont hold good anymore as Charlie Adam and Parker were nominated for POTY.

Yet Wilshere got in ahead of them of Team Of The Year. How are they different players? They both can play AM. And no, SNeijder is not as good as Messi or Ronaldo.

Yet Wilshere got in ahead of them of Team Of The Year. How are they different players? They both can play AM. And no, SNeijder is not as good as Messi or Ronaldo.

Modric is not AM. If you consider him as AM, then Xavi and Iniesta are not AMs..

Modric is a CM. Plays deeper, helps out defense and carries ball from deep.

I dont know why you are so much worked up with Wilshere getting into team of the season.. That wont add anything to whether he is a good payer or not.. That wont add anything to whether Wilshere is overrated or not..

Modric is not AM. If you consider him as AM, then Xavi and Iniesta are not AMs..

Modric is a CM. Plays deeper, helps out defense and carries ball from deep.

I dont know why you are so much worked up with Wilshere getting into team of the season.. That wont add anything to whether he is a good payer or not.. That wont add anything to whether Wilshere is overrated or not..

Ok.

Modric is world-class. I don't know how you can say that he isn't. He's one of the best midfield playmakers in the world, end of.

No he's not. You can post for key passes stats for all I care and I will post other stats to work against your stats. There are at least 5 better midfield playmakers. Maybe not players who play exactly like Modric, but you didn't state that. This is why I think he's overrated. Not because he's not a great player - because he is - but because he's not one of the very best.

No he's not. You can post for key passes stats for all I care and I will post other stats to work against your stats. There are at least 5 better midfield playmakers. Maybe not players who play exactly like Modric, but you didn't state that. This is why I think he's overrated. Not because he's not a great player - because he is - but because he's not one of the very best.
So because there's 5 better players in his position he isn't world class? What a stupid thing to say.

This! He is a fantastic player.. but not World Class.

So because there's 5 better players in his position he isn't world class? What a stupid thing to say.

Thanks for taking something out of context. Did I say a player can't be world clas if there are 5 better players in his position? No. Is playmaker a position? No, it's a role.

Again, there is no proper defn for World class. For many he is world class as his performances justifies the tag. For few world class means only top 3-5 in their respective position (Which has as many holes as Swiss cheese).

and especially when the selling club bought him for 12 million, he has 2 years left on his contract, just had a very good season and the club neither want to or have to sell him.
For some reason I thought he was in his last year... AND that he was bought for 9m, fail on my part sorry :L

Again, there is no proper defn for World class. For many he is world class as his performances justifies the tag. For few world class means only top 3-5 in their respective position (Which has as many holes as Swiss cheese).

That is correct. What works me up is how people think we're stupid for thinking Modric is not world class. I can live with someone thinking he is, it's a matter of opinion, but I don't want them questioning my intelligence.

That is correct. What works me up is how people think we're stupid for thinking Modric is not world class. I can live with someone thinking he is, it's a matter of opinion, but I don't want them questioning my intelligence.

Exactly. The amount of arguments that have went on today for us saying Modric is not World Class for some bigots to come on and tell us what they think is right.

Simple compromise lads:

Can we all agree Modric is a 'top drawer' player?

Not a 40 million pounds top drawer player but still a top drawer player...

fair enough, but it works both ways when someone says its embarrassing for thinking he is. I guess for me the answer is would he look out of place alongside the kind of players you mention, and my answer would be no, he would walk into almost any side in the world, we already know United and Chelsea crave him

Simple compromise lads:

I think he's great and at times top drawer but certainly doesnt warrant a 40million pound price tag! Thats outrages.

Exactly. The amount of arguments that have went on today for us saying Modric is not World Class for some bigots to come on and tell us what they think is right.

Yet you said it was embarrassing for anyone to think he was world class... cuts both ways

fair enough, but it works both ways when someone says its embarrassing for thinking he is. I guess for me the answer is would he look out of place alongside the kind of players you mention, and my answer would be no, he would walk into almost any side in the world, we already know United and Chelsea crave him

As both teams dont have a player like Modric. Utd nor Chelsea have a good playmaker.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Yet you said it was embarrassing for anyone to think he was world class... cuts both ways

In my opinion*

Simple compromise lads:

Exactly. Price says **** all about the quality of the player. Ozil was sold for 12 Million so was Sahin. People tend to rate players on their price tag. Shame. We had enough of this debate on Berbatov when people expected him to do wonders just coz we paid 30 Million..

As both teams dont have a player like Modric. Utd nor Chelsea have a good playmaker.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

In my opinion*

SAF said we are looking for a world class playmaker, the two we have been chasing hardest are Modric and Sneijder, Paul Scholes believes he is good enough to replace him. That along with his performances to me suggests he is world class.

We only got interested in Nasri as an opportunistic shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back