Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
SAF said we are looking for a world class playmaker, the two we have been chasing hardest are Modric and Sneijder, Paul Scholes believes he is good enough to replace him. That along with his performances to me suggests he is world class.

We only got interested in Nasri as an opportunistic shot

SAF may influence your opinion but not mine. SAF also paid 28million for Veron and has purchased players like Tosic, Llajic, Manucho, Bebe, Obertan, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson in the hope they would become first teamers so his judgement is not always spot on.

SAF may influence your opinion but not mine. SAF also paid 28million for Veron and has purchased players like Tosic, Llajic, Manucho, Bebe, Obertan, Djemba Djemba, Kleberson in the hope they would become first teamers so his judgement is not always spot on.

I said it as a point, no manager gets it spot on yet he has got it right more often than not. And the opinion of one finest managers in the world holds a lot of sway, and as i said before, this is how i personally rate him.

Simple compromise lads:

Can we all agree Modric is a 'top drawer' player?

Not a 40 million pounds top drawer player but still a top drawer player...

How about we all agree he's a "t'riffic player"?

I said it as a point, no manager gets it spot on yet he has got it right more often than not. And the opinion of one finest managers in the world holds a lot of sway, and as i said before, this is how i personally rate him.

Ok. Lets just agree to disagree. We aren't going to persuade/convince each other by posting things so lets just leave it at that.

His low centre of gravity/tenacity make him pretty unique as a DLP midfielder...

But personally, given the choice out of Modric for 40 million+ or Moutinho for 22-24 million I would go with Moutinho.

Taking into account Modric is 25 and coming into his prime his game has developed him into a wonderful DLP who is one of the best ball retainers in the world but he's worth 30 million pounds maximum and Moutinho is the cheaper/more viable/younger option for me...

Modric is proven in the league, Chelsea would be stupid to shell out £30M on a player that hasn't played outside of Portugal and cost Porto just £9.7M last summer.

According to another 'Sky Source' he would prefer to join Liverpool over Arsenal.

Good, he wouldn't fit in at Arsenal at all.

Ljajic didn't actually join us, which is ashame; because he probably would've been the most successful out of that list. I was furious when I heard the transfer had been cancelled, he's looked pretty good in Serie A :(

Tosic is a bad player ? We made 7 milion on him. We never puruchased Ljajic, Manucho, Djemba Djema are flops, without doubt. Why do you mention Bebe and Obertan... One is 21 and the other is 22. They are still young. And you are blasting at Bebe just because he didn't had "Chicharito's" first season.

Bebe flopped, period. He's on loan in Turkey, you don't send someone to Turkey for experience. And Obertan is ****. Very pacey ****, but that's pretty much it.

Being young doesn't mean they'll be any better - I'm young, for that matter. They are either good, or they're not (I'm not, just in case you're wondering... guessed not).

Ah 'Arry

Apparently the future of England is chasing yet another midfielder

Oh you won't be laughing when he unveils his 0-10-0 masterpiece, Mike. The Germans won't know what hit 'em.

Is he going to take a role behind Roo and possibly Nasri in the pecking order though? I think Nani will move to the left permanently and Valencia and Young will rotate on the RW. Rooney may be played wide-left at times as well so I guess it's conceivable Young could play a few games behind the lone striker.

Would be good in terms of England...

Parker - Wilshere

Walcott - Young - Rooney

Bent?​

Would be bonkers to play Rooney wide left rather than Young, though. Could work if the opposition had a particularly threatening right back I guess.

Young's never looked totally comfortable on the right, to the point where we put the supposedly (read 'not really') one-footed Downing on the 'wrong' flank. I reckon if Nani stays he should be given a RW berth, considering his brilliant performances there, and Young the left perhaps.

So in what your saying about Modric, he is a s good as: Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder, Fabregas, Ozil and co.? For **** sake he is not World Class! What has he won? Dont come out with some bullshit stats to prove your point because stats mean NOTHING!

Stats mean a lot, actually, and those that dismiss them are idiots. If nobody is using stats then it's all opinions, which can't be disproven. However, I won't use any when I say that Modric should indeed be classed in the same bracket as Xavi. Nobody is as good as Xavi: he is the best in the world at what he does. But that doesn't mean Modric isn't world class: he is, and continues to be.

Also: what has Ozil won, apart from a Copa del Rey with the best manager in the world and one of the two best teams in Spain? Modric hasn't won anything because Spurs can't challenge for trophies, it's hardly his fault.

And in reply about Jack Wilshere. Did you not read what i wrote? I praised him to the highest degree possible! But said, during the coarse of the season Parker and Adam where much better and more influential on games.
"isn't that the same Wilshere who was the best player on the pitch against the world's best team?". Ok, Leon Osman got man of the match against Man Utd.. should he of got Barclays Premier League Player Of The Year?

It's easy to shine in a **** team. Parker and Adam were playing in team built around them, the leaders which everyone looked to give the pass to. Wilshere was part of a well-oiled midfield in which it could be argued that Fabregas was the one that everyone gave the pass to. The team is built around Fabregas (don't take my word for it, go and just a few of the fine Arsenal blogs around, Arsenal Report for example), and as such it is harder for Wilshere to influence games, not to mention his position being deeper. That he was still able to to such an extent is testament to his talents.

No he's not. You can post for key passes stats for all I care and I will post other stats to work against your stats. There are at least 5 better midfield playmakers. Maybe not players who play exactly like Modric, but you didn't state that. This is why I think he's overrated. Not because he's not a great player - because he is - but because he's not one of the very best.

Right, okay. So? Does that immediately prevent Modric from being world-class? Not at all. What do we define world-class as, the best in their position? Because if so there's only one, likely Xavi. Presumably we're not, and my definition of world-class evidently differs from yours.

Oh you won't be laughing when he unveils his 0-10-0 masterpiece, Mike. The Germans won't know what hit 'em.

Tom Huddlestone, presumably.

Last edited:
GodCubed... we agreed to disagree a long time ago. I stand by what I said 100% and we will leave it at that.

Was expecting "You have done enough to persuade me" like FM chat :P

Arsenal didn't make downing bid. Villa denied it..

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of Swedish teenager Kristoffer Olsson, according to the midfielder's current club.
The 16-year-old has had two trails with Arsene Wenger's outfit, the first coming back in February, and has impressed.
IFK Norrkopings starlet Olsson is now set to make a permanent move to England for an undisclosed fee.
"I can confirm that the transfer is close to being sealed. I won't comment on any sums, but of course we are happy with the deal," IFK Norrkopings sporting director Tony Martinsson told Fotbolldirekt.se.
"We are pleased, but of course we would have preferred to have seen Kristoffer stay in Norrkoping and evolve to a first-team player.
"He wanted to take this chance and we will not stand in the way."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...031338,00.html

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of Swedish teenager Kristoffer Olsson, according to the midfielder's current club.
The 16-year-old has had two trails with Arsene Wenger's outfit, the first coming back in February, and has impressed.
IFK Norrkopings starlet Olsson is now set to make a permanent move to England for an undisclosed fee.
"I can confirm that the transfer is close to being sealed. I won't comment on any sums, but of course we are happy with the deal," IFK Norrkopings sporting director Tony Martinsson told Fotbolldirekt.se.
"We are pleased, but of course we would have preferred to have seen Kristoffer stay in Norrkoping and evolve to a first-team player.
"He wanted to take this chance and we will not stand in the way."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...031338,00.html

Arsenal Sign Swedish Midfielder Olsson « Young Guns || Unrivalled Coverage Of Arsenal's Young Players & Their Development

Arsenal have already signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back