Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downing for anything more than 10m is laughable, maybe that's even a bit too much...

If anyone bid 25 million for Mata there is no question in my mind VFC would accept in a heartbeat, they bought him for 1 million, but clubs are pussyfooting around him atm hoping to get him for 20-23 million euros...

Valencia will sell, it's just whether the player wants the move badly or not, I think it will happen. Mata will probably eventually go for around 22-25 million pounds and with Valencian papers saying MCFC/CFC have joined the 'auction' and setup appointments with Mata's agent over the next 3 days then god knows where this story will lead...

Bit late to this but had to reply to some of these posts...

No, but Xavi had 3½ more assists than Modric aswell. Barcelona is a much better team, yes, but they haven't scored 3½ times more goals than Tottenham.

How the **** can you have half an assist? And Barca have clinical finishers - David Villa, Messi, Pedro, etc. vs Pavlyuchenko, Crouch, Keane, Defoe, etc. I know who I'd bet on to score more.

Barca scored 145 goals last season in all comps, and nearly 100 in La Liga alone. Tottenham scored 84 in all comps (including CC and CL preliminary rounds which Barca don't have) and only 55 in the league. Significant difference between the two teams' goal-scoring abilities. So of course Xavi is going to get more assists, but like Modric, his game isn't based on assists but on controlling the tempo and playing the ball into dangerous areas - hence the 2.4 kppg but only 0.8 through-balls/game, while Modric made 2.1 kppg.

Key passes includes things like pre-assists (Barcelona's plan B was often a fairly simple long ball from Xavi to Alves down the wing) and starting attacking moves.

Modrice racked up the key passes, at 2 per game,he didnt rack up the assists because Spurs front line this season was so poor, cant get assists if the strikers cant finish.

Not over-rated at all, but overpriced because his club dont want to sell. There's a difference

Spurs' strikers couldn't score in a brothel ;)

It has been shown before stats mean nothing. Example: Mateja Kezman, 78 goals in 86 games for PSV regarded as one of the best finishers of the ball around, moves to Chelsea 7 in 41. Also the stats do Modric no favors, someone earlier mentioned he had just 2 assists. Not exactly the top drawer playmaker if your going by stats.

What? How can you use Kezman as an example to show how over-rated you think Modric is? Different league, different player (unlike Modric, Kezman's sole job was to score goals without being required to do much else, which was ****-easy in Holland). Bale had 3 assists all season but won POTY. BALE is over-rated, not Modric.

Wilshere got 6 assists, but I doubt you'd say he was over-rated... I hope you wouldn't. Don't answer that actually.

Not a fan of Twitter hashtags.

Find them annoyingly arrogant... (A)

To justify my post on the TR thread anyway, Mertesacker-Arsenal speculation has intensified in the past 48 hours...

Heres the jist of it:
Werder Brema, l’Arsenal ripiomba su Mertesacker | Calcio News 24

Also says Premier League is a 'possibility' teasing/taunting for a move to the BPL, more than likely trying to get Arsenal to sign him...

Top defender but does have an agility problem, lack of mobility is a bit of an issue in the BPL especially.

Especially at Arsenal... Would hate to see him next to Vermaelen. Suicide.

But on the note of stats. Look at this, you will be surprised: Premier League Top 10 Key Passers - WhoScored.com

Thomas Hitzlsperger - the passing king. He has 0 successful dribbles though... Malouda is really impressive though.

Malouda is a winger so you can't really compare him to Modric if that's what you were trying to do.

According to another 'Sky Source' he would prefer to join Liverpool over Arsenal.

Yay! Good luck to him at Liverpool - good player, but not what we need IMO.

Not when he's just the type of player you need.

and especially when the selling club bought him for 12 million, he has 2 years left on his contract, just had a very good season and the club neither want to or have to sell him.

Should we take a poll?

If Hulk leaves Porto, Portugese champions, Europa League champions...

And he is a target of half the biggest clubs in Europe...

And if Anzhi come in and pay over the odds for him and he accepts their offer it will clearly be all about the money.

His career would be dead to everyone, because he is in his prime and he will never go down as one of the worlds best by playing out his prime in RUSSIA...

It's not happening anyway this is all hypothetical.

But IF Pastore/Hulk moved to Anzhi it would be allllll about the money and every football fan/football club in Europe would consider their careers dead.

Am I wrong?

Example:
Obafemi Martins had a blossoming career until he moved to Rubin...
Criscitio (Seriously fear his career will die out in Russia at ZSP)

Players who are flops/prospects like Mcgeady/Brazilian players do over there and make careers but there is a huge difference between signing Danny/Bruno Alves (Alves...Ridiculous money and careers on the down slope) and Pastore/Hulk.

Yea, blossoming career in Newcastle oO)
Criscito, well, Zenit have more chance winning something than Genoa, so why not ?
McGeady, no one wanted him hard enough, so he went in Russia.
Vice versa, what happened to Zhirkov ? Even Arshavin ?

Bit late to this but had to reply to some of these posts...

How the **** can you have half an assist? And Barca have clinical finishers - David Villa, Messi, Pedro, etc. vs Pavlyuchenko, Crouch, Keane, Defoe, etc. I know who I'd bet on to score more.

Barca scored 145 goals last season in all comps, and nearly 100 in La Liga alone. Tottenham scored 84 in all comps (including CC and CL preliminary rounds which Barca don't have) and only 55 in the league. Significant difference between the two teams' goal-scoring abilities. So of course Xavi is going to get more assists, but like Modric, his game isn't based on assists but on controlling the tempo and playing the ball into dangerous areas - hence the 2.4 kppg but only 0.8 through-balls/game, while Modric made 2.1 kppg.

Key passes includes things like pre-assists (Barcelona's plan B was often a fairly simple long ball from Xavi to Alves down the wing) and starting attacking moves.

Read a bit more before you rage. And yes, you are a bit late. And no, I was not trying to compare Malouda with Modric... I wasn't even talking about Modric in that post.

Weeeaawooweeaawwooo, moron alert!

Kill him, Jimmer! KILL!

I'm refrained.

Either that or being restrained make your own mind up ;)

If Modric is worth 40 Downing is worth at least 16... (Personal Valuation:18-20)

He meant Xavi created 3.5 times more than Modric as Xavi mode 7 assists and Modric made 2.

I

That clause only applies in Spain, not to foreign clubs

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Think fans need to be mre patient in the market. Just because its not in the news, doesnt mean its not happening

Especially Arsenal fans. Wenger has said a billion and one times that he feels the more you talk about a transfer, the less likely it is to happen. Clubs obviously prefer it if you keep things private and respectful - Wenger knows this from personal exp. considering the Cesc saga.

He meant Xavi created 3.5 times more than Modric as Xavi mode 7 assists and Modric made 2.

I

Makes more sense!

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

BBC's Phil McNulty on a couple of today's most talked about topics:

Modric sounding a bit desperate claiming Levy broke gentleman's agreement by not selling him. My understanding - no such agreement.

On another subject - Aston Villa have not received Arsenal bid for Downing and remain firm in their insistence he will not be sold.

Oba was hit and miss at Newcastle. Some games he was unmarkable, and others he was invisible. He had the talent, but since moving to Germany and then Russia, he has gone backwards. Not at his peak yet....

People putting us in pole position for N'Zog, which is lovely. Equally lovely is Stephen Ireland's attitude and interview after coming back to preseason training (the normal PR stuff, but it's nice to hear after AML gave everyone a clean slate). Also good is our links to Parker, which admittedly haven't developed much, and his midfield partner Hitzlsperger. Finally, we've reportedly agreed a fee for Alan Hutton.

Window's going well, all things considered.

People putting us in pole position for N'Zog, which is lovely. Equally lovely is Stephen Ireland's attitude and interview after coming back to preseason training (the normal PR stuff, but it's nice to hear after AML gave everyone a clean slate). Also good is our links to Parker, which admittedly haven't developed much, and his midfield partner Hitzlsperger. Finally, we've reportedly agreed a fee for Alan Hutton.

Window's going well, all things considered.

N'Zogbia to replace Downing, I'd imagine?

N'Zogbia to replace Downing, I'd imagine?

Depends on whether we keep him or not. We're in for N'Zog as a direct replacement for Young, really, and if Downing goes we'll probably need another backup winger to cover both he and Albrighton.

GC, why did Villa loan Ireland to Newcaste last season ? IMO very good, intelligent player and he can add Villa so much.

GC, why did Villa loan Ireland to Newcaste last season ? IMO very good, intelligent player and he can add Villa so much.

First off, he was ****. Then he showed a rather bad attitude and fell out with Houllier. We didn't want him lying around doing nothing, so loaned him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back