Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, he was ****. Then he showed a rather bad attitude and fell out with Houllier. We didn't want him lying around doing nothing, so loaned him out.

Then shouldn't the question be: GC, why did Newcastle loan Ireland? IMO not very good, bad attitude and added nothing. (?)

Then shouldn't the question be: GC, why did Newcastle loan Ireland? IMO not very good, bad attitude and added nothing. (?)

Well exactly. There is one reason why lots of people are willing to take a chance on Ireland - ****, I'm ready to give him another go - and that's his excellent potential. Talent-wise, he's one of the best players on our squad. He has the passing, vision, technique, everything. If he gets his head sorted out then he could be a wonderful player.

Well exactly. There is one reason why lots of people are willing to take a chance on Ireland - ****, I'm ready to give him another go - and that's his excellent potential. Talent-wise, he's one of the best players on our squad. He has the passing, vision, technique, everything. If he gets his head sorted out then he could be a wonderful player.

He was so good at City. God knows why they treated him so badly..

What? How can you use Kezman as an example to show how over-rated you think Modric is? Different league, different player (unlike Modric, Kezman's sole job was to score goals without being required to do much else, which was ****-easy in Holland). Bale had 3 assists all season but won POTY. BALE is over-rated, not Modric.

Wilshere got 6 assists, but I doubt you'd say he was over-rated... I hope you wouldn't. Don't answer that actually.

Both are over-rated! And i wasn't dont use stats to compare players, somebody had used them to prove Modric was "world class" so i used stats against him to prove a point.
And truthfully, if you dont think Jack Wilshere is over-rated and bummed by the English press/media then there is something wrong with your head. I know the kid is quality, phenomenal prospect and will be one of the best players in the world at some stage but how did he get into team of the year ahead of players like Charlie Adam and Scott Parker. Football will always be the same, if you dont play for a top club you wont win any merits (a-la Mikel Arteta's long overdue call-up to Spain which hasn't happened).

I wont have my mind changed about a players quality by stats, Modric is not "world class" end of.

He was so good at City. God knows why they treated him so badly..

You know as well as I do. Money meant they could do better. Sad, in a way.

Both are over-rated! And i wasn't dont use stats to compare players, somebody had used them to prove Modric was "world class" so i used stats against him to prove a point.
And truthfully, if you dont think Jack Wilshere is over-rated and bummed by the English press/media then there is something wrong with your head. I know the kid is quality, phenomenal prospect and will be one of the best players in the world at some stage but how did he get into team of the year of players like Charlie Adam and Scott Parker. Football will always be the same, if you dont play for a top club you wont win an award (a-la Mikel Arteta's long overdue call-up to Spain which hasn't happened).

I wont have my mind changed about a players quality by stats, Modric is not "world class" end of.

Jack Wilshere... isn't that the same Wilshere who was the best player on the pitch against the world's best team?

Listen to yourself. How did Wilshere get into a team that would otherwise contain the might of, um, Scott Parker and Charlie Adam? If you don't play for a top club you don't win an award, huh, like Park- wait, hang on, that doesn't work...

Arteta hasn't played for Spain because good as he is, there are a whole long line of people ahead of him in the queue for a playmaking position. Spain aren't short of them. Stop letting bias cloud your judgement into one of perceived unfairness.

Modric is world-class. I don't know how you can say that he isn't. He's one of the best midfield playmakers in the world, end of.

Player of the season at MCFC in 2009, so they basically traded their player of the year plus 10-15 million for James Milner...

Got great technique on him, brilliant CAM on his day and is never selfish when he gets in the opposition 18 yard box, seems clear he was pushed out the door at MCFC to broker the Milner deal and his head wasn't right going into the season at AVFC. Hopefully he has realised and come to terms with the fact that he's an AVFC player and alot of expectation is on his shoulders and AVFC are a big club so it's hardly too big of a step down for him to adjust.

Hope he does get his head down next season/pre season, all the quotes/comments coming from him lately say he will get his head down and step it up at AVFC...Hope he does, AVFC need him to play his role they missed that creative central player last season even A Young had to slot in a few games centrally.

Player of the season at MCFC in 2009, so they basically traded their player of the year plus 10-15 million for James Milner...

Got great technique on him, brilliant CAM on his day and is never selfish when he gets in the opposition 18 yard box, seems clear he was pushed out the door at MCFC to broker the Milner deal and his head wasn't right going into the season at AVFC. Hopefully he has realised and come to terms with the fact that he's an AVFC player and alot of expectation is on his shoulders and AVFC are a big club so it's hardly too big of a step down for him to adjust.

Hope he does get his head down next season/pre season, all the quotes/comments coming from him lately say he will get his head down and step it up at AVFC...Hope he does, AVFC need him to play his role they missed that creative central player last season even A Young had to slot in a few games centrally.

b...b...but... Ashley Young is a brilliant central playmaker!!

Hope he does get his head down next season/pre season, all the quotes/comments coming from him lately say he will get his head down and step it up at AVFC...Hope he does AVFC need him to play his role, missed that creative central player last season even A Young had to slot in a few games centrally.

Can't agree with this enough. I have written elsewhere (in detail here, though it's all over the site) that our lack of midfield creativity was the major thing holding us back offensively last year. Ireland was brought in to replace the departing Milner, and so far he's let us down.

Is the pessimist in you Joss thinking Fergie will rebuild on the cheap and play AY central with Nani/Valencia wide?

Surely Fergie wouldn't pull that one... :O

And truthfully, if you dont think Jack Wilshere is over-rated and bummed by the English press/media then there is something wrong with your head. I know the kid is quality, phenomenal prospect and will be one of the best players in the world at some stage but how did he get into team of the year ahead of players like Charlie Adam and Scott Parker. Football will always be the same, if you dont play for a top club you wont win any merits (a-la Mikel Arteta's long overdue call-up to Spain which hasn't happened).

Arteta's not been called up because there's much better quality players in there. He's 29 now, and frankly way below the current players.

Is the pessimist in you Joss thinking Fergie will rebuild on the cheap and play AY central with Nani/Valencia wide?

Haha, my opinions on Young as a central attacking midfielder are well documented, but we've all seen glimpses of quality in that role for England. Perhaps... perhaps.

any news on gervinho?

Passed a medical, hold up with paper-work. SHOULD be announced tomorrow.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Haha, my opinions on Young as a central attacking midfielder are well documented, but we've all seen glimpses of quality in that role for England. Perhaps... perhaps.

Is he going to take a role behind Roo and possibly Nasri in the pecking order though? I think Nani will move to the left permanently and Valencia and Young will rotate on the RW. Rooney may be played wide-left at times as well so I guess it's conceivable Young could play a few games behind the lone striker.

Would be good in terms of England...

Parker - Wilshere

Walcott - Young - Rooney

Bent?​

also any more news on Samba?

Blackburn are being wankers. They upped his price when they "found out" (are they that ignorant?) that Hoffenheim got 15% of any fee. Looks like we have other targets now - Jagielka seems to be first choice, but all's quiet on the Western Front.

Looks like we'll have to move on Squillaci before we sign a new CB...

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Oh and that would be me being an optimist. I'm an Arsenal fan ;)

Blackburn are being wankers. They upped his price when they "found out" (are they that ignorant?) that Hoffenheim got 15% of any fee. Looks like we have other targets now - Jagielka seems to be first choice, but all's quiet on the Western Front.

Looks like we'll have to move on Squillaci before we sign a new CB...

Hoffenheim are involved? =O

You know as well as I do. Money meant they could do better. Sad, in a way.

Jack Wilshere... isn't that the same Wilshere who was the best player on the pitch against the world's best team?

Listen to yourself. How did Wilshere get into a team that would otherwise contain the might of, um, Scott Parker and Charlie Adam? If you don't play for a top club you don't win an award, huh, like Park- wait, hang on, that doesn't work...

Arteta hasn't played for Spain because good as he is, there are a whole long line of people ahead of him in the queue for a playmaking position. Spain aren't short of them. Stop letting bias cloud your judgement into one of perceived unfairness.

Modric is world-class. I don't know how you can say that he isn't. He's one of the best midfield playmakers in the world, end of.

So in what your saying about Modric, he is a s good as: Xavi, Iniesta, Sneijder, Fabregas, Ozil and co.? For **** sake he is not World Class! What has he won? Dont come out with some bullshit stats to prove your point because stats mean NOTHING!

And in reply about Jack Wilshere. Did you not read what i wrote? I praised him to the highest degree possible! But said, during the coarse of the season Parker and Adam where much better and more influential on games.
"isn't that the same Wilshere who was the best player on the pitch against the world's best team?". Ok, Leon Osman got man of the match against Man Utd.. should he of got Barclays Premier League Player Of The Year?

Is he going to take a role behind Roo and possibly Nasri in the pecking order though? I think Nani will move to the left permanently and Valencia and Young will rotate on the RW. Rooney may be played wide-left at times as well so I guess it's conceivable Young could play a few games behind the lone striker.

Valencia will start as RW, Nani and Young will share LW positions, and in any case of injuries to Valenica Nani will move to RW (His preferred position). Rooney will play as #10 and Hernandez will be #9. I think Hernandez will play many more games than last season that means Rooney will play as #10 for as many games barring injuries.

To be honest Arsenal should probably take a risk on a CB like Vorsah at TSGH who is young, would love to have seen Wenger sign Britos personally from Bologna he is just the type of CB needed next to Vermaelen and at 25 is still developing (Utter powerhouse of a CB). But he's off to Napoli for 10 million euros, every football fan/pundit/ex player always seems to doubt Wenger at times like this but this is a guy that revolutionized the Premier League and is one of the pioneers of coaching/sports science...In many ways he brought an 'international brand' of footballer to the Premier League, I sit here and say he could/should have signed Vorsah/Britos but that man knows what he is doing generally and I fully expect him to pull more signings out of his hat this summer. People are panicking atm about Arsenal but Wenger never has had a policy of making all his signings early, any interest in Alvarez was cooled the minute Zamparini opened his trap publicly and got Inter involved. Can definitely see Wenger pulling off a shock signing like maybe a Valbuena from Marseille if Fab/Nasri go, put out my feelings on Nasri earlier about my take on whats happening with him but Wenger always has a few gems up his sleeve.

The only top notch mistake I think Wenger ever made was Ibrahimovic and considering he's been in the job...What is it? 15 years this year? And I think he's made that one mistake, maybe Reyes but I liked Reyes so I wont include him, I think he knows precisely what he's doing...Bit of a monologue but there we go Arsenal fans need to hear a bit of good news atm with all the stories flying around. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back