Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to catch up on this without reading where it got introduced confuses me.

Im not blasting anybody. IM saying he wasn't a good signing. 7million for a player who was showed up by Crawley Town.

he's not good signing cuz he costed 7m ? Or because he's 21 ? Or maybe cuz it's his first season in EPL ?
Interesting... Barca payed for David Villa 75m + Eto'o... what a deal ?

he's not good signing cuz he costed 7m ? Or because he's 21 ? Or maybe cuz it's his first season in EPL ?

Barça did what?

Im not sure if you misworded it or something, but Villa was 34/5m

I'm really not sure what you mean... Ibrahimovic cost them around £40m + Eto'o, but Villa cost them around £35m - but yes, they paid £75m to various recipients to get a half-decent striker. =)

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Wenger tells presser Cesc will stay, as will Nasri (unknown about contract renewal) and Gervinho's signed.

Whelan demands over £20million for N'Zogbia because he believes Charlie is better than all of these kids that are being flung around for rediculous prices. Also heard that we are close on renewing his contract before the season starts, but he is demanding £60,000 per week and we just can't afford that.

I'm really not sure what you mean... Ibrahimovic cost them around £40m + Eto'o, but Villa cost them around £35m - but yes, they paid £75m to various recipients to get a half-decent striker. =)

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Wenger tells presser Cesc will stay, as will Nasri (unknown about contract renewal) and Gervinho's signed.

Full story:

He said: "Gervinho has just joined up for training today at London Colney.
"He signed last Thursday, and has just come back from his holidays."
There was more welcome news to the Arsenal fans, as the Frenchman believes that Samir Nasri should be staying at the club, despite reports linking him to a move to Manchester United, as his contract is running down to its last year this coming season.
"I expect Samir Nasri to stay", Wenger said, adding: "There is always speculation, but he is committed to the club right now."
However, question marks remain over the London club's ability to hold on to the player in the long run, but the Arsenal manager was hopeful that he could persuade his compatriot to sign a contract extension. When asked about the matter, Wenger replied: "Oh yes, why not?"
However Wenger refused to speak on captain Cesc Fabregas' absence from the squad in Malaysia. The media is rife with reports that the Spaniard is close to a move to Barcelona, but Wenger kept his cards close to his chest.
"I never speak on matters that happen behind closed doors", he said, adding: "I have given the media enough headlines and I don't want to add any more."
Speaking about Arsenal's first tour to Asia in 12 years, the Frenchman admitted his players were tired from the journey across two continents, but pleased to have a "new experience".
He said: "We (Arsenal) know that we have a big fanbase in Asia, and we haven't been here since 1999."
"Physically we are jet-lagged, but overall this will be a new experience for the team."
The Frenchman also revealed his thoughts and expectations of having part of his pre-season preparations in Asia.
"At this stage of the season, we'll look at getting as physically fit as quickly as possible.
"We will find the balance between not disturbing our physical preparations and our pre-season", the manager added

Bit of a mystifying reply from Wenger on Cesc when asked about his injury and whether it was 100 pct genuine, I said yesterday my take on the Nasri thing that he just needed to put his signature to the contract earlier this year after the Barcelona 1st leg but for whatever reason his agent pulled out of talks. Think the Nasri thing started as a little bit of gameplaying by his agent to gather some interest in Nasri and put out there he was 'available' just to get Arsenal to up their offer from 80k a week and I think his agent knows now how out of hand its got when clubs are making 'approaches' and official bids for Nasri so hopefully if he has any sense he will sign the contract whilst they're out in Malaysia...

Other news this morning:

Ze Roberto has agreed a 3 year deal to join Qatari club Al-Gharafa from Hamburg.

Few agents/player quotes as well including Bastos' agent speaking about 2 English clubs who he is talking to, will attempt to get round to a roundup later if I find some time between finishing this thesis about leadership in football and how to develop mental attributes in training and an actual training session I have later...

Should have some time to post my round up at either 10am-11am or 10pm-12am anyway,

Whelan demands over £20million for N'Zogbia because he believes Charlie is better than all of these kids that are being flung around for rediculous prices. Also heard that we are close on renewing his contract before the season starts, but he is demanding £60,000 per week and we just can't afford that.

I seen on Sky Sports you will be selling him this summer because it is the last year of his contract. When its his last year its outrages to ask for over 20million for someone like N'Zogbia. I think he could go to Villa if they loose Downing for around 9million.

Damiao has 'apparently' signed a long term deal with Internacional, but it's not confirmed. :(

Any news on Sniejder to Man U? I heard they were in talks yesterday/today.

Sneijder got back from Greece yesterday, I do assume he held talks with Morratti today/tomorrow...

Sneijder said 3 weeks ago before his holiday he loves Inter and doesn't want to leave but in fact he would leave if MUFC came in and Inter accepts...

Will read/scour Italian media and try to give an update on it later in my roundup, I should say about SSN that yesterday they reported an AFC actual bid for Downing and AVFC was rigid in saying they received nothing, I will try to get a club statement/source of what SSN are saying for you later.

But despite what it says I still think he wants to go...

I seen on Sky Sports you will be selling him this summer because it is the last year of his contract. When its his last year its outrages to ask for over 20million for someone like N'Zogbia. I think he could go to Villa if they loose Downing for around 9million.

Our best bet is to get him to sign a contract extension with a clause in that he gets a % of his final sell-on price so then he doesn't need to demand wages so high. If he does sign a contract like that, his price will shoot up and he will get a considerable about from his eventual sell-on price. It could be a win-win for Wigan if they do that.

Also, Martinez claims he is getting a kid on loan from Barcelona, he has been in chats with them about loaning players.

"I want to stay at Inter." Wesley Sneijder has said in an interview with Vanity Fair , on newsstands July 13. He added: "My wife and I love Yolanthe Inter, the Italian fans and Italy." But the Dutchman has also stressed: "Of course, if the team decides to sell, I'll go where I tell you to go. But 'I'm sorry, we enjoyed it so well, and I will miss Milan and Inter. But football is so ".

Sneijder: Ferguson insiste, Juve, è la settimana di Rossi - La Gazzetta dello Sport

Our best bet is to get him to sign a contract extension with a clause in that he gets a % of his final sell-on price so then he doesn't need to demand wages so high. If he does sign a contract like that, his price will shoot up and he will get a considerable about from his eventual sell-on price. It could be a win-win for Wigan if they do that.

Also, Martinez claims he is getting a kid on loan from Barcelona, he has been in chats with them about loaning players.

The problem was the same last year though wasn't it? I think he has a high ambition to play in the Champions League. He is a brilliant player but Wigan will struggle to keep him.
Barca have a few quality youngsters coming through, big opportunity!]

Modric turning into a bit of a ***** now. Fair enough he wants to leave but he's going about it the wrong way. Dont think there is anyway Spurs will keep him.

Modric in transfer threat | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back