• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Screw Arsenal, it says Everton!

And - from the Daily Post (Don't know how reliable it is):

EVERTON are facing a race against time to raise the funds to land their prime summer target, Charles N'Zogbia.
Wigan chairman Dave Whelan confirmed last night that the French winger would be leaving the club this summer.
"We have to sell Charles N'Zogbia because he's on the last year of his contract," he explained.
"We can't keep him if a big club comes for him and he does deserve a big club because he's that kind of quality player.
"We would love to keep him and pay him what he wants to stay with us but it's a very difficult situation.
"He's such a great player and we are such a small club sometimes we don't go together."
Everton boss David Moyes is keen to land the wide player, who would also be open to a Goodison switch.
But the Blues cannot make a firm bid for a player valued at around £8m until they have banked transfer fees for Nigerian internationals Joseph Yobo and Ayegbeni Yakubu.
And while Fenerbahce haggle over a fee for Yobo and no club has made a firm bid for Yakubu, other clubs are eyeing N'Zogbia with interest.

I wold love to see him here.

@TelegraphSport - Chelsea have made an improved bid, believed to be £27million, for Tottenham's Luka Modric. More to follow

The problem was the same last year though wasn't it? I think he has a high ambition to play in the Champions League. He is a brilliant player but Wigan will struggle to keep him.
Barca have a few quality youngsters coming through, big opportunity!]

Modric turning into a bit of a ***** now. Fair enough he wants to leave but he's going about it the wrong way. Dont think there is anyway Spurs will keep him.

Modric in transfer threat | Tottenham Hotspur News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

yeah and Levy is doing the right thing, threatening Modric by telling him he will stay put in the stands next season and feeding the media total bs after their crisis talks

Bendtner to Dortmund deal is tied up.

He has an offer from Napoli as well but its less pay, think he's going to be out of the Emirates door by the end of the week, just down to Bendtner as to where he chooses to go.

closer to 40 really. Even if he hands in a transfer request it will still well above 30. Levy will just reject it

Exacly, Chelsea just keep letting Modric know we still want you so keep saying your unhappy. Abit cheeky but good if it works.

And levy will still get a huge fee

Corse he will, Chelsea will have to pay other wise they wont get their man. I think its a dead cert Modric will be playing for Chelsea this season and even Levy knows it.

Corse he will, Chelsea will have to pay other wise they wont get their man. I think its a dead cert Modric will be playing for Chelsea this season and even Levy knows it.

Not sure its a dead cert for chelsea, but i agree i can't see him there next season. but if he is not gone by the end of the month he wont be going at all, Levy wont make the same mistake with Berbatov again

I quite like Rodallega, big and strong, fast and a good finisher. Perhaps not Arsenal, but Newcastle maybe?

yeah and Levy is doing the right thing, threatening Modric by telling him he will stay put in the stands next season and feeding the media total bs after their crisis talks

I agree. No player is bigger than the club. I respect what Levy done after all, they are still paying Modric ridiculous wages that would take the working class man years to earn what he does in a week.

Update on Sneijder:

The quotes everyone has hold of from Sneijder are old, I know/tweeted that earlier to anyone that would listen...From an magazine piece (Vanity Fair),that did that interview 1 month ago and ran the story today.

The Gasperini comments about him staying are worthless, he just said the facilities/lifestyle suite Sneijder so he should stay...

I'm hearing that Man United bid 29 million euros last week and Inter threw the bid out and rejected it, Sneijder is deciding whether or not to hand a transfer request in to push the move.

Inter would accept 35 million euros, Sneijder is hoping United up their offer so he doesn't have to ask for a move and leave on bad terms...

Bit of an update/exclusive sort of but thats what the well informed journalists are saying and how I'm interpreting things, that interview was released today in July's Vanity Fair about him not wanting to leave/being disappointed but Sneijder is a huge United fan and would love the move and now he knows its possible he wants to move.

Not as public as Modric but that seems to be the truth, can't believe the Telegraph/Guardian/SSN/Everyone have picked those quotes up they're old just like I thought...

Here is 3 rumours from footylatest (First one is for laughing, the other two are ok for reading only xD)

Manchester United have reportedly given up on signing Inter Milan midfielder Wesley Sneijder and have instead turned their attention to his £20m-rated international team-mate, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar.

Reports out of Italy are linking Sunderland with a move for Liverpool flop Alberto Aquilani.

Chelsea have given up hope of signing Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric and have instead turned their attention to Werder Bremen midfield star, Marko Marin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back