Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
players can make marked improvements especially when its going from little football to every game

not saying he will definitely make it, but its hard to write him off after so few. Look at forlan, he improved massively after united
Agree, just look at Xavi... almost unknown when he was 23-24. Now, best player on Earth IMHO

Cissokho agent claims Arsenal talks, says it's impossible for Cissokho to remain at Lyon and is hopeful that an agreement can be found. Re Nilmar- Villareal want €20m current Sabatini proposal is €16m. Arsenal need a new LB and Cissokho fits the bill, Wenger better see it through.

Cissokho agent claims Arsenal talks, says it's impossible for Cissokho to remain at Lyon and is hopeful that an agreement can be found. Re Nilmar- Villareal want €20m current Sabatini proposal is €16m. Arsenal need a new LB and Cissokho fits the bill, Wenger better see it through.
And you forgot to mention Cissokho's french.

one error prone french lb replaced with another french error prone lb :S hope its not true

Agree, just look at Xavi... almost unknown when he was 23-24. Now, best player on Earth IMHO

He got his national team debut as a 20 year old so that might be a bit of an exaggeration.

one error prone french lb replaced with another french error prone lb :S hope its not true

If he plays anything like he did in his first match in the season yesterday he would be a great signing.

Xavi was not unknown mate. He used to play second fiddle. Still he averaged more than 30 games in the last decade.

Xavi was not unknown mate. He used to play second fiddle. Still he averaged more than 30 games in the last decade.
Still, his reputation was National, now is Worldwide (FM speech ^^)

Vanjagl is sort of right, it wasn't until Spain won Euro 2008 that everyone over here started creaming their pants over Xavi & Iniesta.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Lass Diarra close to joining Spurs.

Vanjagl is sort of right, it wasn't until Spain won Euro 2008 that everyone over here started creaming their pants over Xavi & Iniesta.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Lass Diarra close to joining Spurs.
Another midfielder ...sigh...when will 'arry bring in a quality striker :(

just read now Obertan to Newcastle for £3m... I would not be happy if this was allowed.. I :wub: Obertan!

just read now Obertan to Newcastle for £3m... I would not be happy if this was allowed.. I :wub: Obertan!

I believe his already in Newcastle having first part of his medical. Strange because I thought he had a good pre-season and never really played badly when given a chance, one things for sure... he's better than that waste of £7mil Bebe, I know he's been loaned out but I'd rather he'd have been sold and we kept Gabriel "Bambii on Ice" Obertan.

agreed stubsy, I did see a few mentions of this on earlier pages.. so my apologies for it being mentioned already (not going to wade through a lot of banter anyway to be honest)

Obertan played really well last year when he was given the chance, 3 x the player Bebe currently is! and a 3rd of the price!
He has been playing well in pre-season and am quite surprised to hear this, on the other hand, we do have an abundance of wide players (Cleverley can cover there too) and I think he needs the chance to play 1st team football and become a great player like I have always believed he would...

So I hope for his sake he moves and plays regular 1st team footie but on the other hand, we have lost a good player (and lost money on him as we have been paying him his wages for the past 2years and have not recouped that from the transfer fee)

you think so? i'm quite skeptical, cause he's the only target of AS Roma that i haven't seen playing more than once or twice, when i watch villareal i'm more biased in watching Pepito Rossi. most people here in rome are quite buzzed because of this transfer, i just hope everyone who says nilmar is great to be right. btw, i wouldn't spend 20M for a single player when i have totti, bojan and lamela in my starting line up, i'd get two players for 10M each or a 15-5 subdivision.

Another midfielder ...sigh...when will 'arry bring in a quality striker :(

I reckon Palacios will be sold this week to make way for Lass. He'll definitely be a good signing, I wouldn't have minded him at United tbh...Spurs have to get a new striker though.

I believe his already in Newcastle having first part of his medical. Strange because I thought he had a good pre-season and never really played badly when given a chance, one things for sure... he's better than that waste of £7mil Bebe, I know he's been loaned out but I'd rather he'd have been sold and we kept Gabriel "Bambii on Ice" Obertan.

1 - Obertan has been at United two years and has failed to show signs of any footballing improvement. Considering his age and the league which we took him out of, I'd say Bebe is marginally the better player...neither is good enough though.

2 - Obertan has played bad in most of his competitive games for us. I think it was away to Bursaspor were he played ok, other than that; he's been extremely disappointing...especially when you consider his decent pre-season form.

you think so? i'm quite skeptical, cause he's the only target of AS Roma that i haven't seen playing more than once or twice, when i watch villareal i'm more biased in watching Pepito Rossi. most people here in rome are quite buzzed because of this transfer, i just hope everyone who says nilmar is great to be right. btw, i wouldn't spend 20M for a single player when i have totti, bojan and lamela in my starting line up, i'd get two players for 10M each or a 15-5 subdivision.

He's better than Bojan & Borriello imo. Not sure what the starting line-up will be but having that strength in depth could make Roma serious contenders for the Europa League aswell as the domestic competitions.

I reckon Palacios will be sold this week to make way for Lass. He'll definitely be a good signing, I wouldn't have minded him at United tbh...Spurs have to get a new striker though.

1 - Obertan has been at United two years and has failed to show signs of any footballing improvement. Considering his age and the league which we took him out of, I'd say Bebe is marginally the better player...neither is good enough though.

2 - Obertan has played bad in most of his competitive games for us. I think it was away to Bursaspor were he played ok, other than that; he's been extremely disappointing...especially when you consider his decent pre-season form.

He's better than Bojan & Borriello imo. Not sure what the starting line-up will be but having that strength in depth could make Roma serious contenders for the Europa League aswell as the domestic competitions.

I don't quite understand point 1. Obertan came from the French league which is better than the Portuguese and he's only 1 year older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back