Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 - Obertan has played bad in most of his competitive games for us. I think it was away to Bursaspor were he played ok, other than that; he's been extremely disappointing...especially when you consider his decent pre-season form.

Obertan was signed with an injury, everyone knows that players who rely a lot on their pace take much longer to get over injuries. I'm not talking about recovering from the injury, that only took a few months, but regaining peak performance and 100% sharpness takes time, and regular football for players with pace. He has had time, but not regular football, no-one has seen enough him to say he isn't good enough or hasn't progressed.

It's a shame that he looks to be leaving, the few times i've seen him play he looked very lively and very good on the ball, and reminded me very much of early Cristiano Ronaldo. I would much prefer a loan deal, but considering Newcastle's history with loaning our youngsters (Giuseppe Rossi given no game time at all) i would prefer a loan somehwere else.

I don't quite understand point 1. Obertan came from the French league which is better than the Portuguese and he's only 1 year older.

Bebe came from the third division in Portugal, Obertan came from the Ligue 1 champions at that time, he should be head and shoulders above Bebe; but they're both as bad as each other.

@ Jake : I doubt injuries/match fitness are to blame. I'm sure Fergie would just loan him out if he thought that was the case. Of course he could prove me wrong at Newcastle, but right now I'd say Obertan is nothing more than a sprinter. Sure he has the odd trick, but nothing that millions of kids around the world can't do. When I first saw Gabby I too was reminded of CR7, but now I feel guilty for ever comparing them.

Bebe came from the third division in Portugal, Obertan came from the Ligue 1 champions at that time, he should be head and shoulders above Bebe; but they're both as bad as each other.

@ Jake : I doubt injuries/match fitness are to blame. I'm sure Fergie would just loan him out if he thought that was the case. Of course he could prove me wrong at Newcastle, but right now I'd say Obertan is nothing more than a sprinter. Sure he has the odd trick, but nothing that millions of kids around the world can't do. When I first saw Gabby I too was reminded of CR7, but now I feel guilty for ever comparing them.

Doesn't that just show that Obertan's best is better than Bebe's? If he could perform well in the Ligue 1 against Bebe performing well in the third best Portuguese league then that most mean he's better. Sure it also makes the disappointment bigger, but I don't see how it makes Obertan worse.

Doesn't that just show that Obertan's best is better than Bebe's? If he could perform well in the Ligue 1 against Bebe performing well in the third best Portuguese league then that most mean he's better. Sure it also makes the disappointment bigger, but I don't see how it makes Obertan worse.

You're missing the point. I'm saying there isn't much difference between them in terms of quality, when there should be.

I think the Sneijder transfer is too expensive for many clubs to sanction considering the FFP is staring at us in our face now.... I mean 35m + Sneijders wages for a player who did not have all that a terrific season in the Serie A, talent is undoubted but he also presents little sell-on value, he is not someone who is guarnteed to succeed in the PLM either way

Although I would love him at Chelsea, I just think his wages are too huge for me to handle and then the added fact that the media will be dissecting each and every match of his and he will be the subject of every press conference just because of his price tag like what they are doing to Torres and then just heaping loads of pressure on him... sorry guys but Sneijder just does not float my boat

Total investment IF United match Rooneys wage is estimated at around £89m over 5 years inc contract.

Ronaldo's total transfer was 120m+.

The sponsorship deal between Nike-MUFC-Sneijder exclusively would be around £10-15m per year. So say £12m over 5 years and thats £60m of the deal paid off.

It really does make fiscal sense if your break it down.

^That logic is known as the 'Florentino Perez' logic.

Total investment IF United match Rooneys wage is estimated at around £89m over 5 years inc contract.

Ronaldo's total transfer was 120m+.

The sponsorship deal between Nike-MUFC-Sneijder exclusively would be around £10-15m per year. So say £12m over 5 years and thats £60m of the deal paid off.

It really does make fiscal sense if your break it down.

^That logic is known as the 'Florentino Perez' logic.

To add to that he is just 27, he is not someone who relies on pace or physical attributes. He is very intellignet player and I can see him playing well till his mid 30s like Scholes. I can live in peace even if we don't sign him but will be chuffed if we do sign him. He is a star..

If the friendly gets called off, what must he think?

*Back to the riots thread for me*

Annoys me that this is the example we show to world football, because if the friendly gets called off as expected it will be embarrassing.

Good source. He is usually spot on. I think the Chamberlain deal has something to do with this.

He's not a great source tbh, he just trolls forums and gets the information from there and posts it up as his own most of the time. Seen it happen from a Spurs forum several times.

To add to that he is just 27, he is not someone who relies on pace or physical attributes. He is very intellignet player and I can see him playing well till his mid 30s like Scholes. I can live in peace even if we don't sign him but will be chuffed if we do sign him. He is a star..

there is always a chance that he might flop in the PLM and he only had a decent season in the Serie A

Plus I always though Sneijder plays best behind a striker with the freedom to roam and Rooney usually plays there for Man Utd...?

He's not a great source tbh, he just trolls forums and gets the information from there and posts it up as his own most of the time. Seen it happen from a Spurs forum several times.

Well, pretty good anyways. I know he takes the information from other "ITK's". And they are usually correct, from what i have seen.

But in this case it doesn't matter. As the Nasri talks have been confirmed by other sources.

@Jamie, still gonna change your name if/when Nasri signs?

Leicester lining up a 3m move for Victor Anichebe, and also looking at Matt Derbyshire

Stockport County have offered Benjani a contract. He has been training with the side.

Newcastle in 'advanced talks' with PSV Eindhoven over the transfer of Dutch International full-back Erik Pieters. This would be a superb signing IMO, very much underrated, certainly a good replacement for Jose Enrique.

Leicester lining up a 3m move for Victor Anichebe, and also looking at Matt Derbyshire

Stockport County have offered Benjani a contract. He has been training with the side.

Please Leicester, leave us alone. We need every striker right now lol

Happy birthday btw-have a good 'un!

there is always a chance that he might flop in the PLM and he only had a decent season in the Serie A

Plus I always though Sneijder plays best behind a striker with the freedom to roam and Rooney usually plays there for Man Utd...?

Decent? He was better than decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back