Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle apparently close to signing Gabriel Obertan for 3m. Would be a good signing for all parties. Still think he is a good player.
Newcastle have made a 3m bid for Barcelona striker Keirrison. Again, would be good for all concerned, and I still think he has what it takes to make it,.

Cris on Bastos:"He decided to stay at OL. He just told the President that he wants to agree on a renewal. He will be a major player for us"

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Pardew on Obertan: 'It's a done deal, just medicals to go....looking forward to seeing him on Monday

Obertan deal is loan or permanent? If permanent hopefully we do have big sell on clause..

Obertan deal is loan or permanent? If permanent hopefully we do have big sell on clause..

That way you're going to profit from a whooping 50k when he goes back to France to play in the second division or something.

//Edit - I may be too harsh on him but I think he's not good enough for Newcastle, either. He's very quick... but that's it.

That way you're going to profit from a whooping 50k when he goes back to France to play in the second division or something.

//Edit - I may be too harsh on him but I think he's not good enough for Newcastle, either. He's very quick... but that's it.

He has improved and with run of games he can show what he is capable of. He was so skinny when he came, no you can see he is physically strong too..

I for one can see him doing well at Newcastle if he get run of games..

Obertan is a good player. He has always been quick but now he has added strength to his play and is still improving on his final ball. I thought he looked quite good in this Pre-season and can do a good job for Newcastle.

Hello there, Brad Pitt.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

He has improved and with run of games he can show what he is capable of. He was so skinny when he came, no you can see he is physically strong too..

I for one can see him doing well at Newcastle if he get run of games..

In all honesty last full game I saw of him was against Crawley so it may be a bit unfair for me to criticise him - maybe he did improve and had a good pre-season. But I'm not sure he's good enough for a team that hopes to challenge for a place in Europe. I guess we'll see.

Hello there, Brad Pitt.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

In all honesty last full game I saw of him was against Crawley so it may be a bit unfair for me to criticise him - maybe he did improve and had a good pre-season. But I'm not sure he's good enough for a team that hopes to challenge for a place in Europe. I guess we'll see.

Can't expect him to have a good game without playing much before. He is still a young player and can improve a lot.. Talented for sure..

Can't expect him to have a good game without playing much before. He is still a young player and can improve a lot.. Talented for sure..

He's not that young, though. I expected more of him when I saw him and he was largely dissapointing.

He's not that young, though. I expected more of him when I saw him and he was largely dissapointing.

He hardly got chance, even we expected a lot from him, from his time at United he was disappointing. He didn't get chances and Blanc also warned us about his fragile mentality.

He has plenty of time to improve.

With a good run of games at Newcastle I can only see Obertan going from strength to strength.

hes 22, players dont normally hit their peak till 27ish

He hardly got chance, even we expected a lot from him, from his time at United he was disappointing. He didn't get chances and Blanc also warned us about his fragile mentality.

He has plenty of time to improve.

I'm not saying he won't improve, but I expected more of him at 22. Still, time will tell, I guess. Good luck to the lad, hope he does well, although it's a bit of a risk for Newcastle.

I'm not saying he won't improve, but I expected more of him at 22. Still, time will tell, I guess. Good luck to the lad, hope he does well, although it's a bit of a risk for Newcastle.

Not everyone is a star at 22, lots of players are late bloomers, especially those who are mentally fragile

Not everyone is a star at 22, lots of players are late bloomers, especially those who are mentally fragile

There are late bloomers, yes, but I wouldn't say there are 'lots' of them.

22 isn't that young really. Players may peak at 27, but the changes from 23-27 are normally not very big.

AFC Wimbledon are about to pull of a coup and sign Marcus Bent. A massive marquee player for them he will be

22 isn't that young really. Players may peak at 27, but the changes from 23-27 are normally not very big.

players can make marked improvements especially when its going from little football to every game

not saying he will definitely make it, but its hard to write him off after so few. Look at forlan, he improved massively after united

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back