Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was wondering, a deep defensive player who can get forward well and has a solid pass on him.

I had a thought he would play some sort of 4-2-3-1 with Yaya/DDR sitting in the DM roles but I really have no idea how this will be worked.

Vargas is pretty much Juve's number one target, no one in England showed solid enough interest to meet the 17m euros asking price.

Cerci will be reasonably cheap for City, probably around 8m euros in the end. Bit of a lost prospect who never really fulfilled his potential but at 23 I suppose he could be improved by Mancini.

I don't think you will sign Sneijder. IMO, you have a ready made Scholes already, with a bit of work, Cleverley would do that role well.

He's a very talented youngster, but comparisons are way too early, still very raw

That's what I was wondering, a deep defensive player who can get forward well and has a solid pass on him.

I had a thought he would play some sort of 4-2-3-1 with Yaya/DDR sitting in the DM roles but I really have no idea how this will be worked.

Vargas is pretty much Juve's number one target, no one in England showed solid enough interest to meet the 17m euros asking price.

Cerci will be reasonably cheap for City, probably around 8m euros in the end. Bit of a lost prospect who never really fulfilled his potential but at 23 I suppose he could be improved by Mancini.

Everything seems to point to City being close to agreeing a fee with Arsenal over Nasri. And im much more certain that Nasri will happen than De Rossi. According to Corriere dello Sport, City have offered De Rossi 7m, not 10m. But i dont see anything about De Rossi in the british media. And what has happened to Coates to City? And Aguero didn't fly on a sunday! Why did you talk about Montolivo to City? Not being rude but, can't really take everything you say with gospel.

You are forgetting De Jong there. No way will he be dropped. Thats why i would also prefer Nasri. Rather have him higher on the pitch than Yaya.

Last edited:
I said Montolivo was a possible target,

Everything I get is second hand from news organisations, re Coates you will just have to wait and see.

And Aguero flew in 24 hours later, apologies for being off on that one.

Yiche, this is a rumour thread some will be right some will be wrong.

I hate it when people get on the offensive about stories, Nasri to City may be what you think will happen...I think otherwise, an opinion difference is part of living in a country with the freedom of liberty.

But I have never said Montolivo would join City, I have said Coates should join City and I said Pantilimon would join City...

Just 'wait and see' is the only advice I can give to be honest.

If you don't like it then don't read it if it angers you so much.

I said Montolivo was a possible target,

Everything I get is second hand from news organisations, re Coates you will just have to wait and see.

And Aguero flew in 24 hours later, apologies for being off on that one.

Yiche, this is a rumour thread some will be right some will be wrong.

I hate it when people get on the offensive about stories, Nasri to City may be what you think will happen...I think otherwise, an opinion difference is part of living in a country with the freedom of liberty.

But I have never said Montolivo would join City, I have said Coates should join City and I said Pantilimon would join City...

Just 'wait and see' is the only advice I can give to be honest.

If you don't like it then don't read it if it angers you so much.

Im not angry, never was.

But when you post something like: "Aguero flew to manchester today as expected". It sounds like a fact and when it later comes out as just a rumour and that it isn't true. Somehow it gets into your head.

But fair enough..continue to post. I like to read it.

Last edited:
Im not angry, never was.

But when you post something like: "Aguero flew to manchester today as expected". It sounds like a fact and when it later comes out as just a rumour and that it isn't true. Somehow it gets into your head.

But fair enough..continue to post. I like to read it.
does it matter what day he flew in? :/ He still signed for City.

To be fair Madridista, not everything journalists get is true.

Bad information sometimes, especially on players/agents flying on private planes to other countries.

He was maybe 24 hours out on Aguero's flight time so it was hardly 'catastrophically wrong'.

Next time, get one of those virtual eggs, shine it up real good and splat it on my virtual face.

To be fair Madridista, not everything journalists get is true.

Bad information sometimes, especially on players/agents flying on private planes to other countries.

He was maybe 24 hours out on Aguero's flight time so it was hardly 'catastrophically wrong'.

Next time, get one of those virtual eggs, shine it up real good and splat it on my virtual face.

Yeah. Maybe i got a bit ****** when you think Nasri wont sign when the reports strongly suggest otherwise.

but yeah, let's see. Still think Coates will sign?

At this very second, yes.

Basis is essentially Roma/Juve pulled out on a big scale over the weekend.

Word in Uruguay press is that City firmed up their interest came in with a bid of around 6.3 million pounds which is around 8m euros. So any interested parties in Portugal/Italy essentially jumped out of that race dramatically...

He's a very talented youngster, but comparisons are way too early, still very raw

Wasn't that what they said when Scholes was a youngster? Only 1 way to improve him is to play him.

I tell you who I think would be a good youngster for United's midfield, Tom Cairney at Hull.

He has looked very good every time I've seen him.

People at MFC are touting Luke Williams as the next Scholes as well...I think it's just because he's ginger personally.

Wasn't that what they said when Scholes was a youngster? Only 1 way to improve him is to play him.

yeah and the point still stands, he's still just raw, and no way should we be comparing him to the finest english midfielder in the last 20 years, or suddenly expecting him to fill his boots

Also, sorry but if this is a "massive gamble", what the **** was Torres then?

course he was a massive gamble but one notable difference was that Torres is proven in the PLM while Sneijder is not..... either way Torres was a massive gamble but that certainly is a important difference

Sampdoria are signing Sergio Romero.

What a coup, he was such a good player for AZ and has been links with Europe's biggest clubs in the past two summers.

Serie B with Sampdoria is fairly random but a good signing for the club, their fans need some good news.

course he was a massive gamble but one notable difference was that Torres is proven in the PLM while Sneijder is not..... either way Torres was a massive gamble but that certainly is a important difference

This whole proven in the prem means little, its just a tired cliche promoted by journalists. proven at liverpool, done nowt at chelsea, hernandez unproven in prem, star season. all comes down to the individual

I don't think you will sign Sneijder. IMO, you have a ready made Scholes already, with a bit of work, Cleverley would do that role well.

I just love it when someother club supporters talk highly about Cleverley. He has superb determination right from his very young age. He was almost rejected for academy due to his size. Going was very tough for him. Worked his way to the top from League 1..I just love him (No **** :P)

This whole proven in the prem means little, its just a tired cliche promoted by journalists. proven at liverpool, done nowt at chelsea, hernandez unproven in prem, star season. all comes down to the individual

its not a cliche Mike its quite important.... Sneijder can be a real success at Man Utd no doubt but how many times have we seen players who were brilliant in the La Liga or Serie A before coming to the PLM and flopping spectacularly.... Torres has proven he can cut the mustard in the PLM and so has Hernandez and Sneijder can do it but obviously he can just end up as one of those 'stars'

its not a cliche Mike its quite important.... Sneijder can be a real success at Man Utd no doubt but how many times have we seen players who were brilliant in the La Liga or Serie A before coming to the PLM and flopping spectacularly.... Torres has proven he can cut the mustard in the PLM and so has Hernandez and Sneijder can do it but obviously he can just end up as one of those 'stars'

it is a cliche, how many players have come and also been a success, again its down to the inidividual.

Serie A is actually quite different different to La Liga, in the same way dutch football is different to both. Sneijder has excelled at all three. Torres has proven he can cut it liverpool, hasnt helped him much at Chelsea has it? all transfers are a gamble, but lets not get ridiculous by calling it a massive risk

it is a cliche, how many players have come and also been a success, again its down to the inidividual.

Serie A is actually quite different different to La Liga, in the same way dutch football is different to both. Sneijder has excelled at all three. Torres has proven he can cut it liverpool, hasnt helped him much at Chelsea has it? all transfers are a gamble, but lets not get ridiculous by calling it a massive risk

Firstly I do not know how Torres even got into this debate but nontheless....

1) Torres was not fully fit coming into last season

2) He played under an incompetent manager called Hodgson who was content to ask his team to knock high balls to him... like that helped his confidence

3) He switched clubs mid-way through the season which is always tough for any footballer to adapt to

4) Worst still he went for a British Record Transfer Fee meaning the Media were always onto him and were never going to leave him alone

5) When he came in, morale at Chelsea was probably the lowest it had been in the last 7 years, not exactly the ideal welcome party to get him settled

6) Rumours that Ancelloti never wanted him so worst still, he was playing under a manager who did not want him

Other than the sentence on Torres, I more or less agree with your quote, if Torres flops this coming season then we can safely say that your sentence on him was correct too

Firstly I do not know how Torres even got into this debate but nontheless....

1) Torres was not fully fit coming into last season

2) He played under an incompetent manager called Hodgson who was content to ask his team to knock high balls to him... like that helped his confidence

3) He switched clubs mid-way through the season which is always tough for any footballer to adapt to

4) Worst still he went for a British Record Transfer Fee meaning the Media were always onto him and were never going to leave him alone

5) When he came in, morale at Chelsea was probably the lowest it had been in the last 7 years, not exactly the ideal welcome party to get him settled

6) Rumours that Ancelloti never wanted him so worst still, he was playing under a manager who did not want him

Other than the sentence on Torres, I more or less agree with your quote, if Torres flops this coming season then we can safely say that your sentence on him was correct too

You called Sneijder a massive gamble, and i was comparing it to Torres, which you never called a gamble, despite it being so. And every reason you have just posted shows exactly why it was a gamble. I was never calling him a flop i was calling a huge gamble, which it is far more so than Sneidjer, who has been consistently good everywhere he has been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back