Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
its not a cliche Mike its quite important.... Sneijder can be a real success at Man Utd no doubt but how many times have we seen players who were brilliant in the La Liga or Serie A before coming to the PLM and flopping spectacularly.... Torres has proven he can cut the mustard in the PLM and so has Hernandez and Sneijder can do it but obviously he can just end up as one of those 'stars'

You must really hate that you've signed Lukaku, Courtois, Romeu, wanted Pastore, chasing Moutinho then?

Sunderland sign winger James McClean from Derry City for an initial £350,000.

You must really hate that you've signed Lukaku, Courtois, Romeu, wanted Pastore, chasing Moutinho then?

you're completely missing the point.... all those transfers are relatively cheap compared to the Sneijder one.. well except for the Pastore on and we evidently disagreed to match Zamperini's ridculous valuation of the player

yeah and the point still stands, he's still just raw, and no way should we be comparing him to the finest english midfielder in the last 20 years, or suddenly expecting him to fill his boots

I didn't directly compare, said with some work, he could be that sort of player

Firstly I do not know how Torres even got into this debate but nontheless....

1) Torres was not fully fit coming into last season

2) He played under an incompetent manager called Hodgson who was content to ask his team to knock high balls to him... like that helped his confidence

3) He switched clubs mid-way through the season which is always tough for any footballer to adapt to

4) Worst still he went for a British Record Transfer Fee meaning the Media were always onto him and were never going to leave him alone

5) When he came in, morale at Chelsea was probably the lowest it had been in the last 7 years, not exactly the ideal welcome party to get him settled

6) Rumours that Ancelloti never wanted him so worst still, he was playing under a manager who did not want him

Other than the sentence on Torres, I more or less agree with your quote, if Torres flops this coming season then we can safely say that your sentence on him was correct too

He ain't been the same player since those injuries a couple seasons back.

He ain't been the same player since those injuries a couple seasons back.

possibly cos he was not fully fit with the World Cup and what not..... still if he flops this season then your point is fully valid cos all my reasons would be negated

you're completely missing the point.... all those transfers are relatively cheap compared to the Sneijder one.. well except for the Pastore on and we evidently disagreed to match Zamperini's ridculous valuation of the player

£20m for Lukaku is cheap, now? You're completely missing the point, hypocrisy is awesome bro. England isn't as special as we make it out to be, if a player is determined to succeed he will succeed there. The "Non-PL proven" excuse is a pile of **** by opposition fans who are fearful of a rivals new big signing.

Whenever a smaller club spends their budget on a foreign player no one bats an eyelid, usually just a "top player, good signing". Even though RELATIVELY that player is as important and costly to the small club as the big club. Just when City sign Aguero, it's easy to say "Oh yeah, great player, thankfully he's not PL proven, no worries".

Sneijder has played in 3 different leagues and has excelled in all of them, clearly showing his determination to succeed. If you don't think you can hack the big bad England, don't move - ie Ozil. I have no doubts in my mind that should Sneijder move, he's of the mentality to make sure he's a success. Hernandez would have been seen as your typical "Not PL material player", but he was determined, got his head down and hit his weights to adapt. Do I need to remind you what Hernandez did last season, or are the memories fresh?

The 'PL proven' expression is often used by pundits in the UK who are clueless about any new players coming in. Savage/Gray/Yorke use it ALL the time. Such an unproven ignorant cliche...

Birmingham City today played against Spurs in a behind doors friendly at Wast Hills losing 6-3.

This being due to promoting fitness and handing trials to a mass of free agents

Anthony Gardner, expected to sign later this week.
Lomana Lua Lua
Darren Carter
Craig Fagan
Radamas da Silva

and others who are yet to be named!

Loving the resourcefulness of Hughton since he took over, yes i know many of you will look at the players named and whom we have already acquired as useless and squad players at best for most teams, but with the situation we have at our club, and the small size of squad i see every player linked to us as a positive. I certainly wouldnt want to be going to Blues in the situation we are in, however Hughton seems to be able to convince these players otherwise.

I also really like the philosophy of going for local lads Darren Carter and Craig Fagan, both developments from the Blues academy, both Blues fans!! Passion, aggression, playing for the badge, thats all we ask for as fans, especially after the desertion of our entire squad!

Apparently one of if not the only money signing at Blues this summer may be Ben Turner CB from Coventry, as he also is a long life blues fan. Old school yet effective man management philosophy from Hughton is aces in my book, and the football we played against Everton at home in the friendly and Derby away was sensational!! Once a bedding in period of gelling and team cohesion occurs i think we will develop into serious playoff contenders, although i will settle for respectable top half after the summer windows events

Keep Right On the Bosman Blues!!!

Samuel Eto'o's agent Claudio Vigorelli says the player and Anzhi "have practically come to an agreement".

I seriously doubt that, wasn't he supposed to sign for Bunkyondor last year?

No this time its very close and maybe completed very soon. Even Branca said that they will discuss about the deal.

I think 20 or 30 Million Euros transfer fee and Eto'o will be paid 20Million Euros Net..

Howard Nurse

Working on trying to get an update about #Sneijder amid claims that #MUFC have agreed a £33m fee with Inter...

Since Abramovic, it's sad to see football becoming a business...

Been away for 5 days so not sure if it's been said but I'm not going through this thread to look for it.

Samuel Eto'o is basically an Anzhi player. €40M and a massive pay cheque.

Been away for 5 days so not sure if it's been said but I'm not going through this thread to look for it.

Samuel Eto'o is basically an Anzhi player. €40M and a massive pay cheque.

yeah posted it on the Seria A thread, was quite shocked tbh as he scored 30+ goals for them last seasonn i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back