• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, ok, ok..

Securer... :P

Although, I imagine with the money from Fabregas and Nasri (if he goes, which, he will), they could reinvest in a good pair of CB's and a LB, and even stretch to another MC/AMC, although I personally think they should play Ramsay/Wilshire/Song as their middle 3, with Diaby as back up, they could bring in another youngen and build them up with a bit of 1st team experience this year, the odd game one or two of the middle three are injured.

You can go one step ahead and call as Securest defense.

Wilshere Song and Ramsey combination is very good. If I'm not wrong the trio played against us at Emirates and played very well, completely controlled the game.

IMO one CB and LB is what they need for First team.. I guess they have few good young CMs in their ranks. Likes of Lansbury may get their deserved chances and forgot that lad name played as DM. Frimpong or ping pong :P Was very impressed with few games I watched.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

Yeah Cahill rumor is picking up the pace now in twitter (Sorry Mike)..

11 Million plus NGog. Most likely Bolton may ask for improved bid..

I suppose it depends how many games they think TV5 will play this season, if they need to get a pair of CB's. If he isn't going to play, I wouldn't trust any of the current CB's Arsenal have, or the keeper.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Adebayor to Spurs edging closer #THFC #MCFC

@Dunc: Looks like Wenger wont be signing any CBs if his words are to be believed.. Not signing Mata and Jadson deal is not close.. Saying that he ruled out CB signing itseems..

I suppose it depends how many games they think TV5 will play this season, if they need to get a pair of CB's. If he isn't going to play, I wouldn't trust any of the current CB's Arsenal have, or the keeper.

I think as long as the other defender is quality enough, they should be ok if he picks up an injury. Needs to be one of Jags/Samba/Vertonghen for me

Me too.

I think if Arsenal had a secure defence, it would take away some of the fun in watching them, always knowing they could self impolode at any time. :)

he's not the kind of defender we need lol we need a jagelka (sp) or samba type player

I think as long as the other defender is quality enough, they should be ok if he picks up an injury. Needs to be one of Jags/Samba/Vertonghen for me

I don't think Samba has the technical skill to be good enough for Arsenal. While I admit they need a 'Destroyer' and someone who dominates in the air, I think they also need to have a good eye for a pass, and moderately good close control. I think Jags would be more suited for them, and I haven't seen enough of Vertonghen to pass judgement on him, but they should have picked up Smalling before United got him, because he seems like just the player they need.

I don't think Samba has the technical skill to be good enough for Arsenal. While I admit they need a 'Destroyer' and someone who dominates in the air, I think they also need to have a good eye for a pass, and moderately good close control. I think Jags would be more suited for them, and I haven't seen enough of Vertonghen to pass judgement on him, but they should have picked up Smalling before United got him, because he seems like just the player they need.

Samba has decent technical skill, not on show much becuase of the way blackburn play, but he is better than people give him credit for, reminds me of Keowns play sometimes. Jags is the best option definitely, Vertonghen is halfway between Jags and Cahill, if i wasnt for the fact that Wenger's preference is for a centreback from the prem, he'd be the best signing. And yes they should have got Smalling, so very glad we did though

I think we both went for smalling at the same time and he chose Utd :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Arsenal moved first for Smalling, then we made a bid and convinced him. Just like they did us for Ramsey :(

Wenger even made a bid for Jones, so he knows they need a CB, maybe he is still waiting on Samba as it was all but done deal only for Chicken owners to up the price in the last moment..

I think Jags and TV5 would be a sexy partnership.

Still need a LB though?

I am going to trust gibbs as he was excellent before his injury troubles :)

I am going to trust gibbs as he was excellent before his injury troubles :)

Yeah, he's not bad..Maybe a good run in the 1st team would propel his career a bit, as it seems to have stagnated a bit over the last year or so? I suppose because of injury. Although, obviously if he still has injury problems, you will need to bring someone in who will actually be able to play 40-50 games a season?

Was he ever fit for 2 games in a row? I mean in the last 2 seasons ;)

as he was clichy's backup no ;)

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Yeah, he's not bad..Maybe a good run in the 1st team would propel his career a bit, as it seems to have stagnated a bit over the last year or so? I suppose because of injury. Although, obviously if he still has injury problems, you will need to bring someone in who will actually be able to play 40-50 games a season?

not many good left backs in the world who would join us but for Jose Enrique who liverpool just bought

Last edited:
Jose enrique is not all that good, his defensive positioning is awful. He's a left footed Glen Johnson except he is worse defensively than GJ, which i didnt think was possible.

Wenger has made the right call by not going in for him. He may take the risk on Gibbs, or bring in another left back, but first he needs centre backs, and possbly a goalkeeper, and the fans will want a big name midfielder/forward to replace nasri and fabregas. All those should imo take priority over LB.

Samba has decent technical skill, not on show much becuase of the way blackburn play, but he is better than people give him credit for, reminds me of Keowns play sometimes. Jags is the best option definitely, Vertonghen is halfway between Jags and Cahill, if i wasnt for the fact that Wenger's preference is for a centreback from the prem, he'd be the best signing. And yes they should have got Smalling, so very glad we did though

Samba played up front at times last seasona nd the season before, and was effective, not jsut because he's a massive unit, the lad has a good touch and a decent finish, i'm sure he would be comfortable enough on the ball to suit Arsenal.

I think Enrique is getting a bit of stick here, his defensive positioning is actually fairly solid especially last season. Big season for my favourite English CB this season...Steven Taylor. In my opinion, when injury free, better than Cahill and alot of other English CBs.

Cissokho wise I think his only option is Arsenal, Lyon want him out after his comments and attitude towards the club/management and his agent is trying to push really hard for a Prem move.

If Arsene Wenger thinks Armand Traore/Gibbs are good enough to be title challenging LB's then he is very...very....very mistaken.

Traore couldn't even make the Juve bench and made no attempt to push DE CEGLIE (Can not stress how bad he is) out of the team. As for Gibbs, very unproven and raw and is defensively very poor, always tries to do too much for me with his passing/movement/eagerness.

CB wise Samba would be good for Arsenal (Not forgetting THFC bid of 6m plus Bassong that got rejected for Samba so it looks unlikely Wenger has targeted him). But obviously my feeling is that Vertonghen would be the perfect partner for Vermaelen for obvious reasons, communication/understanding of each others game/versatile/coming into his prime/national team partners/best friends...The list is endless for why the pair are the perfect combo for Arsenal.

Bit of transfer news, Freddy Adu has joined Philadelphia Union from Benfica on a permanent deal. Joel Campbell has completed his move to Arsenal. Bakary Kone has moved to Lyon from Guingcamp. Mcdonald Mariga is about to sign for Real Sociedad for 6m euros. Muntari has an offer from Spartak/CSKA and an offer from Getafe, interesting to see where he ends up moving to.

Leonardo has said no move PSG signings, seemingly ruling out a move for Lassana Diarra. (Is he the WC player United have been targeting all along?)

Maxi Lopez's agent has said that his client will leave Catania and has offers from 2 Italian clubs and an English Premier League club. He said it was always Maxi's 'dream' to play for a big English team...

David Suazo joined Catania officially yesterday as well.

Brian Sarmiento (Was dubbed the next Banega) has signed for Racing Club in Argentina on a free transfer after his Racing contract expired.

Diego Forlan and Atletico Madrid have been contacted in the past 3 days by Inter Milan who want to bring Forlan to the San Siro. Atleti would sell for around 9 million euros and the player would obviously welcome the step up to the top level and a new challenge.

Da Costa confirms rejecting a 25m euros + Salvio bid from Atleti for Falcao, he's looking for an extra 10m euros onto the fee.

Rubin Kazan has had an offer accepted for Papiss Cisse at Freidburg, looks like the Premiership suitors didn't fancy taking a punt on him after all.

Zamparini changes his tune on Amauri: [TABLE="width: 304"]
[TR]
[TD]
“We have an excellent front line at the moment,''

“I think that Pinilla and Hernandez are better than the current Amauri. If they are in good shape then they can be devastating.

“We therefore have to think about this for a bit, as we could well stay as we are.”
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Nilmar has spoken out saying Villareal and Roma are talking and he hopes it can be resolved soon, the difference remains 4m euros with Villareal wanting 20m euros and Sabatini valuing him at 16m euros.

Catania are negotiating with Internacional to sign Galeano, to replace Matias Silvestre who signed for Palermo, they have 5-7 million euros set aside for a young CB. Their policy of buying young/unwanted players is proving very lucrative financially this summer.

Villareal President Fernando Roig to English Press yesterday: ''Giuseppe Rossi is not for sale, despite what they say in Italy and England. I have said this many times in the past and I repeat it."

I tend to believe him, certainly out of Harry Redknapp's price range at 30m euros.

Would not surprise me if Spurs end up signing Osvaldo, they appear out of the running to sign Nilmar and Osvaldo is slightly cheaper and Spurs have scouted him all season.

Newcastle and Erik Pieters- Peter Beardsley was actually at the Riverside recently at the PSV-MFC friendly, the presumption was he was scouting MFC players but obviously it has come to light the more sane/reasonable conclusion that he was in fact scouting Erik Pieters the PSV left back. Seems very likely that the deal will happen...

Also Vitesse are expecting Rajkovic to sign on loan from Chelsea next week, unlikely, but more realistically they have agreed a loan deal to sign Kalas from Chelsea and expect him to sign on August 22nd.

That's about all I have this Saturday morning...

If Arsene Wenger thinks Armand Traore/Gibbs are good enough to be title challenging LB's then he is very...very....very mistaken.
Especially with Traore having declared himself for Senegal, could mean he is away for a month in January, leaving Gibbs the sole left back. Need someone brought in there almost as much as a CB.

Last edited:
Especially with Traore having declared himself for Senegal, could mean he is away for a month in January, leaving Gibbs the sole left back. Need someone brought in there almost as much as a CB.
If Traore couldn't push De Ceglie out of the Juve team then how Wenger expects him to win titles/challenge for trophies with him would be beyond me.

Need someone like a Cissokho...Criscito would have been perfect but now he's gone to Zenit and after his immense display Vs Spain everyone is thinking ''****, so he is as good as people said.''

If not Cissokho then Perreira from Porto or Vargas at Fiorentina if he wants to look for an ultra offensive full back.

Quite a few options out there for Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back