Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth in Newcastle bidding for Davide Santon?

Ooh interesting, not heard anything. He has badly stalled since the breakout season where he had the epic game against Ronaldo, which is a shame

Not that I'm disputing that he may be off, but how the **** did the BBC get the following headline;

'Fabregas & Nasri close to moves - Wenger'

and the opening paragraph;

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are both close to finalising moves away from the club.

from the following:

"We hope it will be sorted out very quickly one way or the other," Wenger said of Fabregas.

and

"The Nasri situation is stable. Again it is very difficult to speak about possible transfers but we are in a situation where we have to make decisions one way or the other. Ideally you want it to be sorted out before the season starts."

(?)

You mean you expected accurate headlines in return for your license fee, Joss? Fool be you!

Any truth in Newcastle bidding for Davide Santon?

Where you heard that? I would certainly take him as Enrique's replacement. The potential is unquestionably there.

Not that I'm disputing that he may be off, but how the **** did the BBC get the following headline;

'Fabregas & Nasri close to moves - Wenger'

and the opening paragraph;

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted midfielders Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri are both close to finalising moves away from the club.

from the following:

"We hope it will be sorted out very quickly one way or the other," Wenger said of Fabregas.

and

"The Nasri situation is stable. Again it is very difficult to speak about possible transfers but we are in a situation where we have to make decisions one way or the other. Ideally you want it to be sorted out before the season starts."

(?)

It is on SSN and BBC, looks certain Cesc will be a Barca player come the weekend, and Nasri a Citeh player.

It is on SSN and BBC, looks certain Cesc will be a Barca player come the weekend, and Nasri a Citeh player.

As I said, not disputing the story, just that they claim Wenger has admitted something when actually he's said ****-all.

As I said, not disputing the story, just that they claim Wenger has admitted something when actually he's said ****-all.

Joss, there is a reason i constantly close BBC threads, the standard of reporting has dropped considerably over the last few years

Cesc and Nasri need to leave. Hopefully this will be announced at 9AM tomorrow morning in the press conference.

Where you heard that? I would certainly take him as Enrique's replacement. The potential is unquestionably there.

If I'm not wrong he maybe available on loan. Inter wont be able to get rid of Chivu so they will run down his contract meanwhile they can send Santon on loan.. Not saying buying him is impossible as very much it is possible as he has done no favors to his reputation/potential. He had superb season in 2008-09 then he regressed so much..

Hopefully a loan move brings back his career back on track..

Russian news reporting Eto'o is set to have a medical within days and could be presented as an Anzhi player as early as Saturday evening. €40m fee and a 3 year contract, he is aware of the huge racism problem in Russian football I presume so 3 months down the line he can't complain. Re Santon talk: It was a story in yesterdays Sun, nothing about it in Italy at all but he would be available on loan if someone came in for him with a €1.5m loan fee.

If I'm not wrong he maybe available on loan. Inter wont be able to get rid of Chivu so they will run down his contract meanwhile they can send Santon on loan.. Not saying buying him is impossible as very much it is possible as he has done no favors to his reputation/potential. He had superb season in 2008-09 then he regressed so much..
Hopefully a loan move brings back his career back on track..

That disappoints me, I would prefer a permanent deal. Apparently we are getting closer to a new left back(most likely Pieters), and also a striker.

He is linked with a move every summer, I still don't think he will leave Lille until next season.

Russian news reporting Eto'o is set to have a medical within days and could be presented as an Anzhi player as early as Saturday evening. €40m fee and a 3 year contract, he is aware of the huge racism problem in Russian football I presume so 3 months down the line he can't complain. Re Santon talk: It was a story in yesterdays Sun, nothing about it in Italy at all but he would be available on loan if someone came in for him with a €1.5m loan fee.

Massive, and ridiculous wages. No way is he worth any where near that, especially at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back