Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 593K
Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole Fergie has tracked him thing is absolute tosh, spin work by Man United like they tracked him since he was young. I remember 2 seasons ago when Udinese were actively trying to sell/loan him for around 5 million pound and no one took the chance. The way I see the story is Mancini wants him...And Mancini gets what Mancini wants. Only one of his signings has 'flopped' for me and thats Milner, the rest have produced very well/settling in unlike Mark Hughes' 80k a week superflops XD.

He could be talking about Di Natale :eek:, now that would be a twist

The whole Fergie has tracked him thing is absolute tosh, spin work by Man United like they tracked him since he was young. I remember 2 seasons ago when Udinese were actively trying to sell/loan him for around 5 million pound and no one took the chance. The way I see the story is Mancini wants him...And Mancini gets what Mancini wants. Only one of his signings has 'flopped' for me and thats Milner, the rest have produced very well/settling in unlike Mark Hughes' 80k a week superflops XD.

He could be talking about Di Natale :eek:, now that would be a twist
I hope Chelsea get him though. With us he will develop into a better player!

It's a beautiful late spring morning here in the land of hearsay and tittle-tattle. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, the trees are swaying gently in the breeze, Daz white clouds drift lazily overhead. Amid this calming and inspirational nature, however, the Mill's laptop has crashed six times in the space of less than an hour. Full of the joys of spring we are not. Full of hate and anger and bile and fury and rage and bitterness we most certainly are. Nature = good. Rubbish technology = so bad it scrapes away at your sanity.

Anyway, after all the crashing and rebooting and crashing and throwing at the wall and screaming, we've got about 10 minutes to get you through another thrilling instalment in the ongoing soap opera that is the dispensation of scurrilous rumour and unfounded speculation.

The West Ham fire sale is set to begin in earnest. Carlton Cole is being lined up as Andy Carroll's replacement at Newcastle in a cut-price £7m deal; Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal want Scott Parker; Aston Villa are ready to make Rob Green an offer he can't refuse; Matthew Upson could be heading to Stoke, along with Mark Noble; Tottenham are keen admirers of James Tomkins; Sunderland, Blackburn and Villa all want Demba Ba; Danny Gabbidon, Kieron Dyer and Lars Jacobsen will all be released; Monaco want Hérita Ilunga; and Julien Faubert and Pablo Barrera will also be out the door to destinations unknown.

Arsenal's first team can't beat Barcelona on the pitch, so the Gunners are trying to ensure they'll win any kickabouts in the playground. Hector Bellerin is the latest 16-year-old in the Gunners' crosshairs. He's been at Barcelona for eight years, but has rejected a contract meaning Arsenal can step in, ahead of Chelsea, Manchester United and, er, Aston Villa, with a £400,000 compensation deal.

Everton's Leighton Baines is at the top of Roberto Mancini's shopping list, and, given the smooth and trouble-free transfer of Joleon Lescott from Goodison to Eastlands, we're sure no one can see any problems whatsoever there. Although the £25m reportedly set to be offered might have David Moyes fumbling for his car keys in order to drive the left-back to Manchester himself.

Everton and Tottenham are ready to battle it out over Lille's £10m man Gervinho; Eden Hazard also looks likely to be leaving Ligue 1 this summer, with Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and Inter all scrambling for his signature.

Bayern Munich are closing in on Jérôme Boateng, who could be heading back to the Bundesliga after less than 12 months at Manchester City. Birmingham want the Egyptian international Shikabala so badly then can almost taste him.

And in the much more interesting world of the Championship, Barnsley are lining up the former Tykes manager and Grand Drive frontman Danny Wilson for a return to Oakwell, Derby County have made a £1.25m offer for Leicester's Martyn Waghorn (and will follow it up with a £300,000 bid for Watford's John Eustace), while the Foxes have made Bristol City's Nicky Maynard their No1 summer target.

Football transfer rumours: Carlton Cole to Newcastle? | Football | guardian.co.uk

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Doubt there's any truth in that. Completely goes against every Wenger tradition in the Transfer Market - personality, signing older players to long-term contracts etc.

Plus - where would he fit in? Wilshere isn't going to be ecstatic about playing 2nd fiddle to anyone after the season he's had. Then there's Song, Frimpong, Coquelin at DM - Lansbury coming through, etc.

Barça gets raided by England again - Hector Bellerin, 16, anounced he will not renew his contract with Barça, with reported interest from Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Villa. The 'winner' will have to pay Barça just €400k.

Lukaku has no hurry to leave and would be 'happy to stay' at Anderlecht for another season.

It's a beautiful late spring morning here in the land of hearsay and tittle-tattle. The birds are singing, the sun is shining, the trees are swaying gently in the breeze, Daz white clouds drift lazily overhead. Amid this calming and inspirational nature, however, the Mill's laptop has crashed six times in the space of less than an hour. Full of the joys of spring we are not. Full of hate and anger and bile and fury and rage and bitterness we most certainly are. Nature = good. Rubbish technology = so bad it scrapes away at your sanity.

Anyway, after all the crashing and rebooting and crashing and throwing at the wall and screaming, we've got about 10 minutes to get you through another thrilling instalment in the ongoing soap opera that is the dispensation of scurrilous rumour and unfounded speculation.

The West Ham fire sale is set to begin in earnest. Carlton Cole is being lined up as Andy Carroll's replacement at Newcastle in a cut-price £7m deal; Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal want Scott Parker; Aston Villa are ready to make Rob Green an offer he can't refuse; Matthew Upson could be heading to Stoke, along with Mark Noble; Tottenham are keen admirers of James Tomkins; Sunderland, Blackburn and Villa all want Demba Ba; Danny Gabbidon, Kieron Dyer and Lars Jacobsen will all be released; Monaco want Hérita Ilunga; and Julien Faubert and Pablo Barrera will also be out the door to destinations unknown.

Arsenal's first team can't beat Barcelona on the pitch, so the Gunners are trying to ensure they'll win any kickabouts in the playground. Hector Bellerin is the latest 16-year-old in the Gunners' crosshairs. He's been at Barcelona for eight years, but has rejected a contract meaning Arsenal can step in, ahead of Chelsea, Manchester United and, er, Aston Villa, with a £400,000 compensation deal.

Everton's Leighton Baines is at the top of Roberto Mancini's shopping list, and, given the smooth and trouble-free transfer of Joleon Lescott from Goodison to Eastlands, we're sure no one can see any problems whatsoever there. Although the £25m reportedly set to be offered might have David Moyes fumbling for his car keys in order to drive the left-back to Manchester himself.

Everton and Tottenham are ready to battle it out over Lille's £10m man Gervinho; Eden Hazard also looks likely to be leaving Ligue 1 this summer, with Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus and Inter all scrambling for his signature.

Bayern Munich are closing in on Jérôme Boateng, who could be heading back to the Bundesliga after less than 12 months at Manchester City. Birmingham want the Egyptian international Shikabala so badly then can almost taste him.

And in the much more interesting world of the Championship, Barnsley are lining up the former Tykes manager and Grand Drive frontman Danny Wilson for a return to Oakwell, Derby County have made a £1.25m offer for Leicester's Martyn Waghorn (and will follow it up with a £300,000 bid for Watford's John Eustace), while the Foxes have made Bristol City's Nicky Maynard their No1 summer target.

Football transfer rumours: Carlton Cole to Newcastle? | Football | guardian.co.uk

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Doubt there's any truth in that. Completely goes against every Wenger tradition in the Transfer Market - personality, signing older players to long-term contracts etc.

Plus - where would he fit in? Wilshere isn't going to be ecstatic about playing 2nd fiddle to anyone after the season he's had. Then there's Song, Frimpong, Coquelin at DM - Lansbury coming through, etc.

The question I propose to you Joss is, would you rather have Song, Frimpong, Coquelin and Lansbury playing than Parker? Personally, a midfield trio of Fabregas, Parker and Wilshere would be impressive, not to mention having Theo, Nasri and RVP playing infront of that. Of course it's a rumour, but meh, who knows.

The question I propose to you Joss is, would you rather have Song, Frimpong, Coquelin and Lansbury playing than Parker? Personally, a midfield trio of Fabregas, Parker and Wilshere would be impressive, not to mention having Theo, Nasri and RVP playing infront of that. Of course it's a rumour, but meh, who knows.

But Parker is almost 31, man.. (October) Buying that old player is totally against Wengers transfer philosophy.

I'm betting some money West Ham will see the Ex Wigan striker Amr Zaki at Upton Park next season, call it a well informed hunch

Saw in one paper today Liverpool chasing Carlton Cole...I was like I could understand when the Yanks and Pidgeon face were in charge but now?...(DailyFail)

Newcastle are trying to seal a permanent deal for Ben Arfa despite him missing almost the entire season the chief scout has sent in a glowing recommendation to the clubs hierarchy. Sunderland have decided to not take Inter Milan up on there future fee clause in Muntaris loan deal so he will return to Italy at the end of the summer.

And in understated news, when Pepe Reina said he will stay he also unveiled that he has a 20 million minimum fee release clause :|

Wish SI knew about that

But Parker is almost 31, man.. (October) Buying that old player is totally against Wengers transfer philosophy.

Sebastien Squillaci I smell. Please inform me of his age...man.

Never mind Squillaci what about Lehmann XD

Exactly. Maybe his policy is generally younger players, but he certainly goes outside it. Scott Parker is better than the Championship, I personally think he'd slot into Arsenal great. Again, it's only a rumour though.

That was an emergency...
To be fair Lehmann played one game Vs Blackpool so he hasn't really been needed and I am sure they could have plucked a U-18 GK and sit him on the bench to get some games. And Wenger is the same manager who held onto Keown/Parlour/Adams/Sylvestre etc until they were into their 30's so the guy is hardly scared of signing/using oldies.

I just do not get why he is so stubborn, I mean he has had the EXACT problem for like 2-3 years now of being one reliable CB short and possibly another ST who you dont wait 2 years to then sign on a free. Wenger is losing the plot I'm telling you oO)

******* too old. he should retire now.

He's an example of what Wenger is prepared to do though surely...

To be fair Lehmann played one game Vs Blackpool so he hasn't really been needed and I am sure they could have plucked a U-18 GK and sit him on the bench to get some games. And Wenger is the same manager who held onto Keown/Parlour/Adams/Sylvestre etc until they were into their 30's so the guy is hardly scared of signing/using oldies.

I just do not get why he is so stubborn, I mean he has had the EXACT problem for like 2-3 years now of being one reliable CB short and possibly another ST who you dont wait 2 years to then sign on a free. Wenger is losing the plot I'm telling you oO)

I'm not a Gooner, but I never doubt Wenger. You can certainly question him, but there's always a perfectly good counter-argument you can provide to say he's awesome.

The argument will no doubt arise again this summer, he needs a CB, ST or whatever. But even without it, Arsenal achieved a 3rd place finish and the later stages of the CL. They reached a cup final also. And if I'm correct, they've probably made a tidy profit on the side.

well no, i think how bad squillaci has turned out could actually put off wenger signing older players again. I don't know. Remember when we signed Jeffers? he hasn't signed any english players (apart from Walcott) since, as they are overhyped and overpriced. Actually thinking about it, so was walcott.

well no, i think how bad squillaci has turned out could actually put off wenger signing older players again. I don't know. Remember when we signed Jeffers? he hasn't signed any english players (apart from Walcott) since, as they are overhyped and overpriced. Actually thinking about it, so was walcott.

Hmm, you make a good point.

I might be being a bit of a ***** here but if Wenger knew (like the rest of football knew) last summer that Mexes would not renew his contract with Roma and Roma were just letting him run it out unless they got a semi decent offer of like 6 million.
Surely if Wenger wanted an experienced CB he could have got him?
In January he was open to pre contract offers and Wenger didn't even try, instead Milan ****** him. It just seems ridiculous, I know he wont break the wage bank for Mexes but he would have only wanted around 40k a week surely

Mexes>Squillaci

I'm sure Joss would rather see Song, Wilshere and Fabregas in midfield, yes. Parker's good, but better than Song? I don't think so. He's shined in a rubbish team, true, but Song is younger than him and wouldn't take kindly to sitting on the bench. Christ knows why everyone is tipping Parker for Arsenal, their midfield is the least important part of their team in terms of transfers.

Sebastien Squillaci I smell. Please inform me of his age...man.

Never mind Squillaci what about Lehmann XD

Squillaci was never signed to be a starter, unlike what you're pushing Parker for. Likewise Lehmann. Wenger's never been that adverse to signing experienced players for backup if they're cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.