Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 606K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question I propose to you Joss is, would you rather have Song, Frimpong, Coquelin and Lansbury playing than Parker? Personally, a midfield trio of Fabregas, Parker and Wilshere would be impressive, not to mention having Theo, Nasri and RVP playing infront of that. Of course it's a rumour, but meh, who knows.

Firstly - I think it's completely hypothetical because - for me, whether I think it's needed or not, Wenger isn't likely to be seriously interested. I'm not the be all and end all of all things Arsenal but I've watched and supported them long enough to largely know what Wenger looks for ;)

Of course it would be impressive. He's a very good player.

The question isn't whether I'd rather have him than Coquelin and Frimpong - of course he's better than them NOW, but whether it's worth risking two very good prospects for short-term success. I'm careful not to hype them up too much, particularly the latter since he broke his leg and has only just come back but from what I've seen/what I know about them both, they're going to be very good footballers if they get a chance and work hard.

They can only go on loan/play CC games/play for the Reserves for so long before they need to be put in the first team IMO and the majority of players Wenger has trusted from a fairly young age have paid off - Cesc, Wilshere, Szczesny (so far), Song. I personally don't feel that a 3 year deal for a 30 YO who suits our system far less than Alex Song (P may be better in other areas, but Song has the advantage that he's formed a solid midfield pivot w Wilshere).

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Scott Parker is set to lead the West Ham exodus from the relegated club with Arsenal set to compete against rivals Tottenham and big spenders Man City

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Man City probably most likely. But would he WANT to go to City and risk another stint like his brief Chelsea career? Lots of money, though I'm not sure Parker's motivated by that at the moment. Sp*rs hardly need another midfielder and I posted my Arsenal reasons above!

The question I propose to you Joss is, would you rather have Song, Frimpong, Coquelin and Lansbury playing than Parker? Personally, a midfield trio of Fabregas, Parker and Wilshere would be impressive, not to mention having Theo, Nasri and RVP playing infront of that. Of course it's a rumour, but meh, who knows.

You mean Ramsey - Parker - Wilshire. If Fabregas doesn't go to Barcelona this Summer i'll eat my own shoes.

Fair, although Boateng seemingly being shipped off to bundesliga next year suggests hes flopped.

Dzeko is still to convince me, when was the last time an immobile striker did anything in the premier league? The game has moved on since Sheringhams day.

I think everyone knew Assulin would flop, it would have been Cook wanting to dress it up as if Man City stole him from Barca, everyone knows he was released by Barca, its very much like the situation with Gio Dos Santos.

This. Also - since when has FM been a reliable source of knowing how good players are IRL? ;)

Fair, although Boateng seemingly being shipped off to bundesliga next year suggests hes flopped.

Dzeko is still to convince me, when was the last time an immobile striker did anything in the premier league? The game has moved on since Sheringhams day.

I think everyone knew Assulin would flop, it would have been Cook wanting to dress it up as if Man City stole him from Barca, everyone
knows he was released by Barca, its very much like the situation with Gio Dos Santos.

And yet Geo still has a future at Spurs, isn't Assulin just a late bloomer? I think Dos Santos and Assulin have one more season until they have well and truly flopped

Celtic are expected to make a summer bid for Newcastle keeper Fraser Forster, who has been integral for the Hoops this season during his loan spell.

Liverpool have been outbid by Manchester City for Juan Mata, according to reports.

The Spanish midfielder, who plays predominantly on the left flank, has been coveted by a number of clubs across Europe, with Reds boss Kenny Dalglish thought to be keen on bringing the 23-year-old to England.

However, Manchester City have joined the race for the player, and The People claims Roberto Mancini has tabled a £22 million offer for the player. The paper goes on to claim the Eastlands outfit have spoken to Valencia president Manuel Llorente over the move.

It's reported in the same story that Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli offered £17 million for Mata, although a lack of European football could now be a major stumbling block for the Anfield outfit.

Liverpool have been linked with a number of wingers in recent weeks, with Ashley Young, Eden Hazard and Xabi Prieto all speculatively placed on the Reds' summer wishlist.

City have also been linked with a number of more high-profile targets, with Barcelona star Xavi thought to be one of those on the club's radar.

Mancini's spending power places the club in a position of dominance, and is likely to lead to Liverpool missing out on Mata.

With Valencia's financial stability still uncertain, the La Liga outfit is likely to sell to the highest bidder, leaving Liverpool to look elsewhere when the transfer window re-opens

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Kun Aguero has not asked officially 2 be transferred.No transfer requests exist in Spain.IT HAS BEEN REPORTED HE TOLD CHAIRMAN he wants out
Regarding Kun Aguero: he would cost 45m euros (plus taxes if At M refuses to sell). Interest from Man City, Real Madrid and Liverpool.
Ballague

And yet Geo still has a future at Spurs, isn't Assulin just a late bloomer? I think Dos Santos and Assulin have one more season until they have well and truly flopped

Gio barely has a future, they are just looking for a decent price for him, Assulin isnt likely to make hence why he was let go by Barca

Liverpool are favourites to land Toulouse midfielder Moussa Sissoko.
The Daily Mail says Liverpool are set to trump Tottenham and Manchester United for Sissoko.
The Toulouse star, 21, has been on the radar of British clubs for the past four years and turned down Liverpool and Bolton Wanderers to sign professional terms with his French club as a teenager.
Spurs have emerged as strong suitors over recent seasons and were close to a deal 18 months ago, only to be told he was valued at 18million.

Liverpool chief Comolli on brink of beating Man Utd, Spurs for Sissoko | Rugby - Top News | Newsodrome

Conrad Logan to Bristol Rovers
David Goodwillie to Bristol City! :L

Not sure about the Hector Bellerin -> Arsenal rumours. I think Arsene's wary of signing Spanish youngsters now because several of them have wanted to go back (Merida, Cesc the two best examples). Toral-Harper has an English mother, though and Miquel already rejected Barca when he came to Arsenal due to them releasing him in the first place so I don't have too many worries about them.

I know Barca were unhappy about the Harper transfer, but I don't personally think Wenger will try to sign him. May well move, but haven't heard anything from Young Guns who's usually first with those rumours/deals.

Insua's ***** and his contract expires this summer, get rid.

Keeping Aquilani would save spending £10m on Adam, and apart from Aquilani being the better player than Adam, it frees up funds for elsewhere.
Adam for £10m? Seriously? I thought he would cost around £5m. I wouldn't get him for £10m, we can get Mata (supposedly) for double that. Anyway, Aquilani isn't proven in England, and he is on massive wages. Hope we get rid of Joe Cole, don't care if it's for nothing. His wages are massive too.

Adam for £10m? Seriously? I thought he would cost around £5m. I wouldn't get him for £10m, we can get Mata (supposedly) for double that. Anyway, Aquilani isn't proven in England, and he is on massive wages. Hope we get rid of Joe Cole, don't care if it's for nothing. His wages are massive too.

Yep, Blackpool are holding out for around £8m-£10m. And to be honest I'd rather keep Aquilani instead of paying that. Honestly I think Aquilani didnt get much of a chance last season, and when he did, his EPL stats are:

Starts- 6
Sub appearances - 9
Minutes played- 579 minutes
Goals- 1
Assists- 3

Now for a player coming back from injury in a new country/league/team, I think that's very impressive for a midfielder. I'd love to keep Aquilani at the club. Him/Meireles, Lucas and Gerrard in a midfield trio could prove very productive.

RE Mata, go all out for him, it's looking as though he'll go for around £20m. And seeing as that seems to be around the same price as Ashley Young (Give or take a few million) I'd rather Mata all day long. Joe Cole needs to go, to be honest I can see him joining 'Arry at Spurs. Would not surprise me in the slightest, and I'd be happy with it as well, he's done nothing this season except eat up about £80k per week.

Aquilani's not cut out for England, be injured way too much.

I'm all up for giving him a chance, I'm possibly wrong, but I don't remember him getting injured once in an EPL game.

Reckon Kenny could work some magic on Aquilani. He proved he can still play in Serie A this season, so maybe worth a try.

Kaka wont be moving to London.

"I want to stay at Real Madrid, I want to play at Real Madrid next season,'' he said. ''My mother is coming to London in September to preach.

"I don't want to think now about playing in the Premier League, going back to Brazil, going back to Italy. At this moment in my life I want to stay at Real Madrid and play for Real Madrid. "

And also Benzema's agent denied the rumors of Benzema moving away from Madrid.

Don't get much clearer than that from Kaka. Wish players would come out with those statements more often and make it clear, rather than beating around the bush.

Don't get much clearer than that from Kaka. Wish players would come out with those statements more often and make it clear, rather than beating around the bush.

Torres did lol.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

We will have Joey Cole back!!!

Kaka wont be moving to London.

And also Benzema's agent denied the rumors of Benzema moving away from Madrid.

Good news about Kaka. Still a top player IMO and RM are going to be scarily good next season -- fit Kaka, plus fit Higuain, returning-to-form Benzema, still-ridiculously-prolific Ronaldo, Sahin, Xabi Alonso, Ozil, Khedira and quite possibly another striker (Llorente?) particularly if, as ever, someone's agent is talking out of his arsehole.

Good news about Kaka. Still a top player IMO and RM are going to be scarily good next season -- fit Kaka, plus fit Higuain, returning-to-form Benzema, still-ridiculously-prolific Ronaldo, Sahin, Xabi Alonso, Ozil, Khedira and quite possibly another striker (Llorente?) particularly if, as ever, someone's agent is talking out of his arsehole.

Fit Kaka would be a dream player for counter attacking side and he would fit perfectly for Madrid against Barca. I think he has lost a bit of acceleration and pace which was his lethal weapon, still a quality player. If he is completely free from his recurring injury then we will see what he is capable next season..

Sahin- Lass-Alonso

Ozil - Ronaldo- Kaka

Jeez, Its so hard to fit in all players, Higuain, Benzema, Khedira are missing from that team..

Status
Not open for further replies.