Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how much you value him at this time next year when he doesn't give 100% for a whole season. He already handed in a transfer request and decided he didn't want to play vs man utd (but was forced to).

I don't know what planet spurs fans are on, but even with the ridiculous inflation in player prices you should snap chelsea's hand off at £40m, especially for a player that doesn't want to stay there.

I wasn't aware that Modric, Redknapp or Levy were quoted as saying he actually handed in a transfer request. Just suggestions from **** media sources.

Do not worry Everton, I know the striker who's having a medical Denis Stracqualursi from Tigres.

He essentially a clone of Pablo Osvaldo is the best way I can describe him.

You beat Palermo/Porto/Espanyol to him, I think he could be a real signing.

Can't believe no one is getting excited about this guy, I remember Bielsa saying he has the potential to dominate Europe!

Maybe 1-2 months down the line and he's playing you can see what you have, I think he's a real rough diamond.

And Drenthe is on a free since Madrid terminated his contract 3 weeks ago, another good signing. Risk definitely worth taking.

Drenthe is on a season long loan....

Let's see how much you value him at this time next year when he doesn't give 100% for a whole season. He already handed in a transfer request and decided he didn't want to play vs man utd (but was forced to).

The same price, since he'll still have 4 years on his contract and we'll probably be keen to keep hold of him.

Danyul said:
I don't know what planet spurs fans are on, but even with the ridiculous inflation in player prices you should snap chelsea's hand off at £40m, especially for a player that doesn't want to stay there.

Why? I explained why selling him makes no sense in my previous post. If you want to discuss the concept of selling your best player and not replacing him, then go speak to Arsenal fans. Either way, we're done here.

Just broke on sports news and also on arsenal thread. Doing it for Evertons interests apparantly

Bullshit excuse. But don't blame him, at the current situation i wouldn't want to play for us. Oh well Mikel, grass isn't always greener (a la Pienaar). Such a big loss though! He's on the back of most by Everton shirts !

I wasn't aware that Modric, Redknapp or Levy were quoted as saying he actually handed in a transfer request. Just suggestions from **** media sources.
Maybe so, but he doesn't want to play so that's as good as.

Harry was saying in a post match interview something along the lines of "I spoke to Luka yesterday (the day before the game) and he said he could play but today he said his head was not right. Something may have happened overnight but I told him he is a key player for us and I needed him to play".

Why? I explained why selling him makes no sense in my previous post. If you want to discuss the concept of selling your best player and not replacing him, then go speak to Arsenal fans. Either way, we're done here.
Sure. But then every player has their price and Modric's is nowhere near 40m. Full marks to Levy for sticking to his word that he's not for sale, but once modric changed his attitude and wanted out and the club still stands there clinging on to him it makes a mockery of spurs.

Last edited:
Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arteta is bitter blow for Everton. Thought they had seen off Arsenal two hours ago only for Arteta himself to force the issue."

2137: Mikel Arteta also told me (a fortnight ago): "I am happy here, I always have been. I want to aim to win trophies, play in the Champions League and keep doing better and better." I guess moving to Arsenal takes care of the Champions League part of those ambitions, doesn't it?

Harry was saying in a post match interview something along the lines of "I spoke to Luka yesterday (the day before the game) and he said he could play but today he said his head was not right. Something may have happened overnight but I told him he is a key player for us and I needed him to play".

The worst this Modric situation got was 'His head has been turned, so he won't play today'. Modric is a professional and I don't believe a word of The Sun (+ Every other bullshit outlet that says he handed in a transfer request and REFUSED to play), his performances will not be bad this year as he is a good player. Selling him now would be crazy for Tottenham as they couldn't get the quality replacement and that's what matters.

Chief football writer Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Arteta is bitter blow for Everton. Thought they had seen off Arsenal two hours ago only for Arteta himself to force the issue."

2137: Mikel Arteta also told me (a fortnight ago): "I am happy here, I always have been. I want to aim to win trophies, play in the Champions League and keep doing better and better." I guess moving to Arsenal takes care of the Champions League part of those ambitions, doesn't it?

But not the trophies part :)

sorry, opportunity too easy

Arsenal Football Club has completed the signing of Germany defender Per Mertesacker on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

At 26, the 6ft 6in centre-back has significant experience at both club and international level.

Mertesacker has enjoyed eight seasons in the Bundesliga - five with Werder Bremen and three with Hannover 96 - making 221 league appearances in total and finding the net on 19 occasions.

The former Werder Bremen captain also played 53 times in Europe for the Green-Whites, including the 2009 Europa League Final. In 75 games for Germany, Mertesacker has helped his country to the Semi-Finals of the 2006 and 2010 World Cups and to the Final of the 2008 European Championship.

“We are delighted to welcome Per Mertesacker to the Club," said Arsène Wenger. "He is a German international with vast experience and strength and is good on the floor and in the air. I believe he will be well-suited to the Premier League and a tremendous asset to the team.”

Mertesacker said: “I had a great time at SV Werder Bremen and I’m grateful to the club. Moving to London enables me to fulfil a dream and a further step in my career. The Premier League has always represented a great challenge for me.”

Mertesacker will wear the No 4 shirt for Arsenal.

Really? Strange, considering he was one of our better players against City. Admittedly everyone was quite poor in the second half; they must all have their sights set elsewhere.

Danyul said:
Sure. But then every player has their price and Modric's is nowhere near 40m.

In your opinion. I disagree, and so does Levy, and that's really all that matters.

Danyul said:
Full marks to Levy for sticking to his word that he's not for sale, but once modric changed his attitude and wanted out and the club still stands there clinging on to him it makes a mockery of spurs.

I see. What message would it have sent out if we had buckled? Would we not have been a mockery then?

Great signing for arsenal, when vermaelen is fit they'll have a top centre back pairing. Still needed cahill, none of their backup is good enough really.

Really? Strange, considering he was one of our better players against City. Admittedly everyone was quite poor in the second half; they must all have their sights set elsewhere.
Well, everyone was ****, hence the 5-1. He was better than most of the others yes, but still poor. Proves nothing really.

I see. What message would it have sent out if we had buckled? Would we not have been a mockery then?
Well time will tell whether modric is professional enough to put 100% into this season. My view is he isn't and I wouldn't want my club to keep a player who doesn't want to be there, regardless of quality. No-one is bigger than the club.

Last edited:
I knew he'd get the No. 4 shirt. Doesn't feel right after Fabregas had it as a midfielder.

Really hope he's a success for us, I've liked Mertesacker as a defender for a while, just never thought he'd come to a team that plays the kind of football Arsenal do.

Pretty sure once the window closes Modric will quit his huff and play some better football

RE: Arteta,currently not handed a request as it would mean forfeiting the loyalty pay off. (which is why parker handed in the request, actually saves the hammers money)

Last edited:
Well, everyone was ****, hence the 5-1. He was better than most of the others yes, but still poor. Proves nothing really.

Proves about as much as possible at this stage. You talk about his attitude, but since the season has only just started, how about you wait before making ridiculous assumptions and writing off everyone else's?

Danyul said:
Well time will tell whether modric is professional enough to put 100% into this season. My view is he isn't and I wouldn't want my club to keep a player who doesn't want to be there, regardless of quality. No-one is bigger than the club.

Yes, time will tell... glad we got there in the end. Feel free to PM me in January or possibly May and we'll have this conversation again. It's been fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back