Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 607K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am broadly agreeing with you (I think); saying that going to Newcastle wouldn't be a step down for Hazard because Cabaye did it doesn't make a great deal of sense.

I think gambling on Cisse is a genius idea.

From what I've seen from the lad this season, which is quite a bit, is that he can even convert half chances with ease.

If he gets service from players like Larsson, I dare to think how well Sunderland could be in the second half of the season.

Tbh I don't think it matters for this discussion, it's all about how they're perceived. Eden is perceived to be an amazing talent and has been for a number of years so he could go anywhere he wants. For him, going to Newcastle would be a step down not because Lille are a bigger club but because he can go pretty much wherever he wants to. Cabaye on the other hand was not perceived to be a major talent (listen to Phillipe Auclaire's comment on FW last week for reference to how he was perceived in France, as a good player but not someone who would become the "lynchpin" of that Newcastle side, or indeed a top european club, so quickly) so moving to Newcastle wasn't a step down for him like it would be for Hazard because at the time it was the best available option.

I disagree with the bolded bit. Since joining, he has became the midfield linchpin , more so than I think most thought he would. I do agree that Hazard is a 'better' player, but the role Cabaye does is integral to Newcastle, and when he plays for them, France too.

Would be a good signing for Liverpool, could certainly give them the creativity that has been non-existent at times this season.

Spurs target Loic Remy says he will stay with Marseille until the end of the season at least....Tottenham Hotspur target Loic Remy declares he's staying at Marseille - Goal.com

Quality player, would like to see him in the EPL, but don't want Spurs improving anymore :p

Pleased with that, I don't want to see him in Europe too early, and then fail miserably.

That's old, and it's hardly a reason to be pleased - Santos had to shut down their futsal and women's football divisions to save money for Neymar's salary (Their chairman said that, it's not something I'm pulling out of my ****). Both of those teams were Brazilian champions. It's rather sad, really.

Chris Samba has handed in a transfer request. Arsenal bound?

That's old, and it's hardly a reason to be pleased - Santos had to shut down their futsal and women's football divisions to save money for Neymar's salary (Their chairman said that, it's not something I'm pulling out of my ****). Both of those teams were Brazilian champions. It's rather sad, really.

I didn't know that, but what I said regarding it being too early to move to Europe I stand by :)

I didn't know that, but what I said regarding it being too early to move to Europe I stand by :)

Don't get me wrong I'm all for keeping players in SA (The more they stay the more I get to see them!), but IMO they're trying to hard to keep him in Brazil and they're sacrificing too much, IMO.

Chris Samba has handed in a transfer request. Arsenal bound?

well that was too late ;) got 4 cbs already if it was in previous summer transfer window, then yes we would get him instead of per merts XD ;)

and i still remember how Calum was optimistic on him back then ;)

That would be nice transfer for us....some freakin goalscorer for a change (H) (unlike some other 35m strikers)

well i think it was planned that defoe goes to liverpool, and harry bring s in Remy. didnt happen (and wont happen ) ;)

*and then arsenal makes some late bid drama so that Sow comes to the emirates, XD

well i think it was planned that defoe goes to liverpool, and harry bring s in Remy. didnt happen (and wont happen ) ;)

*and then arsenal makes some late bid drama so that Sow comes to the emirates, XD

Bah i dont want no Defoe in LFC...never rated him since Pompeys...big fees are paid from him for a petty goal output but since he is English KD and Commoli are probably just gonna press this english only tactic so it wont be a surprise if he signs.(we saw how that one is unfolding so far:mad:)

Breaking that Ancelotti has been offered Torres and Berbatov. Said it himself. Interesting

He's been playing a lot better recently though. Which is why I don't understand why he would be offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.