Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need him, but you need the money more. the club is bleeding so badly.

Thats the thing though. We sold Arteta and Yobo etc. And the money for Arteta dried up pretty fast. So if Rodwell did indeed leave for that price, I guarantee one thing. With a wage bill of 60% of club turnover along with the rest of other costs, we'd be very very lucky, if £5 million of that money was available for transfers. Don't forget, the club "proudly" announced that they'd raised £1 million past year for transfer funds. Thats raised as in had to borrow. I do admit I'm slowly starting to turn against the board in general. Not Kenwright himself-but the rest. They're loaded but doing absolutely nothing to help. Next season is going to be awful without David. I genuinely don't see him being at Goodison next season. He can only take so many broken promises. And I don't blame him a jot. We're haemoriging so badly it's ridiculous-but no-one knows just how badly

Thats the thing though. We sold Arteta and Yobo etc. And the money for Arteta dried up pretty fast. So if Rodwell did indeed leave for that price, I guarantee one thing. With a wage bill of 60% of club turnover along with the rest of other costs, we'd be very very lucky, if £5 million of that money was available for transfers. Don't forget, the club "proudly" announced that they'd raised £1 million past year for transfer funds. Thats raised as in had to borrow. I do admit I'm slowly starting to turn against the board in general. Not Kenwright himself-but the rest. They're loaded but doing absolutely nothing to help. Next season is going to be awful with David. I genuinely don't see him being at Goodison next season. He can only take so many broken promises. And I don't blame him a jot. We're haemoriging so badly it's ridiculous-but no-one knows just how badly

swiss ramble had a look last year. to be blunt the club is dying. any relegation would kill the club, full stop. the club needs to be sold on the cheap because any investor needs to sink serious money into it. on the other hand it could turn everton in a serious force long term, talking to Nick right now, you have excellent youth and a manager who can build a dynasty, now add a modern stadium, clear the debt and good transfer funds and he can build something over the next 10 years. but they must cut the value of the club to save it.

Anyone know anything about Man Utd preparing a £22 million bid for Rodwell? Just wondering as there's rumours doing the rounds that we're losing a player this window to compensate for Gibson coming in, and that player is meant to be Rodwell :S

I'd rather have Barkley to be honest. With respect to Rodwell, he's talented and will be a great premier league holding/box to box midfielder. But we don't need that - Carrick, Phil Jones and hopefully Fletcher when he returns all do this job well. If Pogba is half as talented as the media are suggesting then he's an option, then there's Anderson... Don't forget Giggs and Scholesy too ;)

Cleverley is our only option from a purely creative/attacking outlook in the centre, Barkley would add more flair to an admittedly currently quite effective, but one dimensional midfield.

swiss ramble had a look last year. to be blunt the club is dying. any relegation would kill the club, full stop. the club needs to be sold on the cheap because any investor needs to sink serious money into it. on the other hand it could turn everton in a serious force long term, talking to Nick right now, you have excellent youth and a manager who can build a dynasty, now add a modern stadium, clear the debt and good transfer funds and he can build something over the next 10 years. but they must cut the value of the club to save it.

Without doubt-the £100 million valuation is just ludicrous. The stands falling to bits so to even contemplate such a value is obscene. BK loves the club without doubt but he's letting his love for the club blind his judgement. If it's not sorted out this year, next season could be our last in the top flight. Like mentioned, the youth facilities are great, training is great and have great coaching staff. But in no way can it be a plaster for financial interal bleeding. That's why I think next season Moyes will be in charge of a club like Spurs. He's been promised so much just to have it continuously snatched away-its totally unfair on him.

And if things go wrong, he could unfairly get the flack-he's already getting it in growing numbers from Everton supporters who keep blaming him for negative tactics. If they bothered to look deeper-we have no defensive substitutes anymore. We've run out of defenders that's how bad things are. Shane Duffy is our hope now. It's pretty much why I've said before David should walk-it's like he's covered in peg marks he's been left out to dry so often. We'll probably get in a relegation battle at some point this season, but just stay up-but next season-I'm not so sure. It's a horrible, horrible situation-and all it takes is to reduce the valuation.

And re: the possible Rodwell situation I came across this from Elstone:

Elstone confirmed the club’s net debt has increased from £22million in June 2006 to £45million in May 2011 and this season they have to find £5million to cover finance and interest charges, admitting they “can add in money from other player sales”.

I'd rather have Barkley to be honest. With respect to Rodwell, he's talented and will be a great premier league holding/box to box midfielder. But we don't need that - Carrick, Phil Jones and hopefully Fletcher when he returns all do this job well. If Pogba is half as talented as the media are suggesting then he's an option, then there's Anderson... Don't forget Giggs and Scholesy too ;)

Cleverley is our only option from a purely creative/attacking outlook in the centre, Barkley would add more flair to an admittedly currently quite effective, but one dimensional midfield.

True. And Scholes showed his definately not passed it today. Happy to see him prove people wrong. Thing is, it all depends on who's in charge and wether or not they want to keep players like Carrick for example. I do highly rate Carrick myself, and Fergie did say he wants to stay in charge another 3 years.....but unexpected things happen in football. Phil Jones is a beast from what I've seen so far, but there's injuries that could ruin careers, there's clubs like Barca (head turning twonks) who may tempt them away....I genuinely think he'll be a great fit for Man Utd. And for all we know, Fergie may decide to leave end of next season. Then the next gaffer may not like Carrick and move him on.........all sorts of scenarios.

But what's ironic, is that even though Utd are rivals......I'd rather players like Rodwell and Barkley went there as they'll be well catered for. I mean, look whats happened to Andy Carroll at Liverpool. Then there's Dan Gosling. What happened there? Man Utd always seem to bring out the best out of players.

Hopefully people can see what I'm saying lol. But it's very late and brains a bit frazzled lol

Agreed, as we did on Facebook. Nobody knows who you're talking about on here though. ;)
True. And Scholes showed his definately not passed it today. Happy to see him prove people wrong. Thing is, it all depends on who's in charge and wether or not they want to keep players like Carrick for example. I do highly rate Carrick myself, and Fergie did say he wants to stay in charge another 3 years.....but unexpected things happen in football. Phil Jones is a beast from what I've seen so far, but there's injuries that could ruin careers, there's clubs like Barca (head turning twonks) who may tempt them away....I genuinely think he'll be a great fit for Man Utd. And for all we know, Fergie may decide to leave end of next season. Then the next gaffer may not like Carrick and move him on.........all sorts of scenarios.

All true. I doubt Fergie will leave at the end of next season though, certainly not through choice. I reckon he's going to stay at the club until he's forced out through ill health. Even Ferguson can't fight nature.

But what's ironic, is that even though Utd are rivals......I'd rather players like Rodwell and Barkley went there as they'll be well catered for. I mean, look whats happened to Andy Carroll at Liverpool. Then there's Dan Gosling. What happened there? Man Utd always seem to bring out the best out of players.

Indeed. Who knows how Rooney, a roughly-hewn chunk of diamond when he went to United, would have turned out without Ferguson and United's crafting and polishing? Whilst United's youth academy continues to be hit-and-miss with Ferguson, his record of buying youngsters from clubs like Everton is second to none.

Well, good thing is, even if we are selling club (which we basically are tbh) as least the players we sell to Utd are in more than capable hands. Just amazing to think though-it just took a certain shot against Arsenal to propel Rooney to world stardom. Thanks to Everton Football Club. Just sayin ;)

It is a shame tbh. But the Premier League is a cut throat.....well, business really. If you don't adapt soon enough, or can't get the confidence....you're out. But it is a shame, and at times can put un-neccessary pressure on some players shoulders. If he does go, good luck to him for the future. I don't like seeing talented players not reaching their potential. Once he gets his confidence going he'll be fine.

Well, good thing is, even if we are selling club (which we basically are tbh) as least the players we sell to Utd are in more than capable hands. Just amazing to think though-it just took a certain shot against Arsenal to propel Rooney to world stardom. Thanks to Everton Football Club. Just sayin ;)

fs ajt ;)

well we got him in free, so nothing so detrimental. plus did well in the 6 month when rvp and nickben was out.

It is a shame tbh. But the Premier League is a cut throat.....well, business really. If you don't adapt soon enough, or can't get the confidence....you're out. But it is a shame, and at times can put un-neccessary pressure on some players shoulders. If he does go, good luck to him for the future. I don't like seeing talented players not reaching their potential. Once he gets his confidence going he'll be fine.

this. he not a bad player, but i think he didnt adapt that well even after scoring goals in the first 6 months.

fs ajt ;)

well we got him in free, so nothing so detrimental. plus did well in the 6 month when rvp and nickben was out.

Tbh, if he went to Arsenal-would say the same thing. The Premier League is gifted with, in my opinion, two of the best managers in football-Fergie and Wenger. It's just sods law that he exploded onto the scene against you-when playing for us :P

Which is pretty much why I think the PL would have been worse without Wenger and SAF

Now if we can dump Arshavin and to an extent Rosicky.

Arshavin, yes, but looks like it might be in the summer when his contract is over. Rosicky, i would say no. he's a good back up player but if the offer is good, then so let it be.

and as for squillaci, i mean really lets be honest, he did great at Lyon(2 time league champs), Monaco(Ucl runnerups against Porto (the one joseMourhino won)), and Sevilla(copa de rey winners). at 30 by then, he's pretty much ur a finished article. and give that much experience, he performs badly, ur like WTF!

and i think it has to do with adaptation for him too. never was an EPL quality cb, but maybe a Laliga/Ligue 1 CB

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/887383...to-be-offered-end-to-arsenal-misery-by-monaco

Newcastle added to SkyBet as a possible destination for Lille's Eden Hazard.....

Im trying to stay calm and not to roflmfao big time.

sBBfY.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back