Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 593K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Editor: Sky Sports sources understand Phil Jones is not heading for Anfield but is in fact having a medical ahead of signing a five-year deal with Manchester United. We'll bring you more details as we get them.

EDIT: Zoomed by GC (******)

Ferguson's response to Dalglish it seems. Two men with huge cojones renewing an old friendship. Great stuff. Really wonder how much of this is them both trying to bid up the prices the other is paying.

Speculation: Potentially huge news coming out of Spain, where Catalunya Radio is reporting that Barcelona have reached a preliminary agreement to sign Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal.

From Sky Sports transfer clockwatch.

Speculation: Potentially huge news coming out of Spain, where Catalunya Radio is reporting that Barcelona have reached a preliminary agreement to sign Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal.

That sounds like BS to me...

That was on Twitter last night. The same person then said a meeting was planned for Friday with Cesc's agent David Dein. Total non-story.

Not quite as much as this does, though:

'Speculation: According to reports in Wales, Swansea are lining up a move for Spanish international Marcos Senna.'

Also, hearing the Phil Jones .deal is £13M + Mame Biram Diouf - which adds up to £16M. Very, very happy with that

That sounds like BS to me...

This is the transfer rumour thread, aka the 99% BS thread. :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Also, hearing the Phil Jones .deal is £13M + Mame Biram Diouf - which adds up to £16M. Very, very happy with that

Thought Blackburn would have gone for more to be honest.

DuckerTheTimes James Ducker
Can confirm officially, jones to undergo medical at #MUFC this afternoon. Apologies to #LFC fans. Was right about having a medical tho!

XD

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Happy for Diouf. Thought Blackburn wont sign him after he failed to get starting spot in the second half of the season.

Can't help but feel this move is just in spite of Liverpool...

Unless SAF is planning on using him as a DM, not sure where he's going to fit in. You've got Irish wunderkid, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Raphael Varane (Assuming this goes through, if it doesn't - will Arsenal pop up at the last minute?), Rio Ferdinand (Assuming he doesn't miss a drugs test) and Vidic. One of those young CBs would have to wait at least 2/3 years to get any kind of chance in the First Team.

#mufc interest in Jones dates back 18 months, but Fergie wanted to wait til next summer. Lpool move has forced their hand.

You've got Irish wunderkid, Jonny Evans, .
Perhaps Evans is on his way out made so many **** ups this year.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Fergie said today he is the natural replacement for Ferdinand.

Can't help but feel this move is just in spite of Liverpool...

Unless SAF is planning on using him as a DM, not sure where he's going to fit in. You've got Irish wunderkid, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Raphael Varane (Assuming this goes through, if it doesn't - will Arsenal pop up at the last minute?), Rio Ferdinand (Assuming he doesn't miss a drugs test) and Vidic. One of those young CBs would have to wait at least 2/3 years to get any kind of chance in the First Team.

Probably as DM, are other players I'd prefer to him, but for that price considering his youth and talent, can't go wrong. Jones & Smalling at the centre for years to come.

smith apparently coming back to us on a free. Think wages will be a massive stumbling block and tbh I don't really want him back

#mufc interest in Jones dates back 18 months, but Fergie wanted to wait til next summer. Lpool move has forced their hand.

Been told that you were offering to loan him back to Blackburn for next season. Decision was his though, he's made it it would seem. Really good signing for you lot in the medium term.

Been told that you were offering to loan him back to Blackburn for next season. Decision was his though, he's made it it would seem. Really good signing for you lot in the medium term.

Was just going to suggest that. If he and Smalling are potentially the future cb pairing, Jones needs to be playing regularly at cb. There is no point in sitting him on our bench while Ferdinand is still playing.

Hope not. Would like to see how he copes with pressure of playing for big club. With one more season as first team player at PL club would do him good, but with the Rio's fitness concerns we can't take any chances.

Papers: Sanchez favours United

08/06/2011 10:07
8694C9754D1F4B559739FFD7E54A7BB4.ashx

Phil Thomas writes in The Sun...

San's the man for £30million
Manchester United will have to splash £30million to prise winger Alexis Sanchez from Udinese. United were hoping to land the Chile golden boy, 22, for £5m less - but the Italians are refusing to lower their asking price. Sanchez prefers a link-up with Alex Ferguson ahead of Barcelona, as he knows he would spend as much time on the bench as the Nou Camp pitch. His agent, Fernando Felicevich, has met bosses at the Spanish giants to discuss personal terms but NO deal is in place. And there is a belief at United, who have also held extensive talks, that it is a ploy by Udinese to push up Sanchez's price.

The same newspaper claims Aston Villa have given the green light for United to complete a £16m move for Ashley Young - who's getting married this weekend - and says Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp values Luka Modric at more than the £20m the Reds would reportedly pay for the Croatian midfielder. The Times goes further to refute the Modric to Manchester talk, quoting the player's adviser Mario Mamic as saying he will stay at Spurs this summer.

The Daily Star suggests Sir Alex Ferguson will have to wait to sign David de Gea with the Atletico Madrid goalkeeper quoted as saying he wants to concentrate on the UEFA Under-21 Championships with Spain, which commence this Sunday.

The Daily Express says Gabriel Obertan and Wes Brown could move to Southampton as part of a deal to bring 17 year-old winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to Old Trafford.

Not the most reputable sources, I know. I can't see Obertan/Brown going to Southampton. How would they afford their wages? Sanchez is the one that excites me though, but I think we may settle for Young

Is this going to be the end for Evans? And will Utd pull out of the Varane deal? Smalling, Jones and Varane will all expect to be involved in the First Team considering Smalling was 3rd choice this season, and Varane and Jones both made 20+ apps last season at the top level in their respective countries.

Could be a great signing but think he would have been better off at L'pool since I see him more as a CB than a DM and he'd probably get FT football almost immediately there. He'll have to wait at Utd.

Wenger's interest in Phil Jones seemed minimal so I knew we weren't going to go for him but I think he's got bags of potential. Will be interesting to see if he does stay at United next season or moves on loan for guaranteed Football. I'd rather the former, to see how he really handles the pressure of a big side.

Is this going to be the end for Evans? And will Utd pull out of the Varane deal? Smalling, Jones and Varane will all expect to be involved in the First Team considering Smalling was 3rd choice this season, and Varane and Jones both made 20+ apps last season at the top level in their respective countries.

Could be a great signing but think he would have been better off at L'pool since I see him more as a CB than a DM and he'd probably get FT football almost immediately there. He'll have to wait at Utd.

I think we will not sign Varane, even if we does, maybe we will loan him. We play close to 60 games a season, there will be plenty of chances.

Evans is low on confidence maybe one more season on loan to get back to his best, and then Rio will be at twilight of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.