Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 593K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez. Some people are never happy.

People say Arsenal need experience, we need to spend £20m + on one player.... Then when it comes out we're interested in Jones, everyone's suddenly keen on him, then when we DON'T sign him, it's all about how Wenger didn't offer him enough cash or can't attract good players any more etc.

Sometimes - just sometimes - a player chooses another club. Utd being a) Champions and b) In Lancashire make more sense than Arsenal for him, clearly.

Sorry - just a little rant after some of the stuff going around on twitter etc.

Some fans are very fickle. I don't think Arsenal necessarily need an experienced centre back. With a proper pre-season, Sczcezny, Vermaelen and Koscielny (sp - seriously find some easy to spell players) will be a great foundation. I think they should go for Sakho (because of his versatility and the fact that I have always liked him & PSG) but experience isn't the be all and end all

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney
Phil jones is a good young English player. 1 of the toughest defenders I played against last season. Can play midfield to.

He seems to know about this too.. hopefully we wrap this up quickly before it takes another twist!

EDIT: Scratch that...

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney
I don't know if phil jones is signing for us just saying he is a good player that's all. I haven't got a clue if he is signing or not.

Last edited:
People read too much into tweets, they're just personal opinions..

'Arry just said Tottenham tried to sign Jones as well. They could do with another midfielder/defender... :p

Last edited:
Some fans are very fickle. I don't think Arsenal necessarily need an experienced centre back. With a proper pre-season, Sczcezny, Vermaelen and Koscielny (sp - seriously find some easy to spell players) will be a great foundation. I think they should go for Sakho (because of his versatility and the fact that I have always liked him & PSG) but experience isn't the be all and end all

I agree. Sakho or Vertonghen is all we need.

According to a few fb pages Didier Drogba has handed Chelsea a transfer request. Wont believe it though until I actually see this on a reliable source e.g sky sports news.

Sunderland have made a bid for 3 United players. Gibson, Brown and O'shea.

They can **** off if they go anywhere near O'Shea.. Take Gibson and Brown please not O'Shea..

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Bid is worth £12million in total and has been accepted from what I believe. #safc #mufc

12 Million? Is it a joke.? Please sell Gibson and Brown for 12 Million.

You're telling me they are: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/73011-arsenal-thread-82.html#post1197318

According to a few fb pages Didier Drogba has handed Chelsea a transfer request. Wont believe it though until I actually see this on a reliable source e.g sky sports news.

Surprising..

-------

Ayhoo - I've officially decided that I hate transfer windows (not officially like Man Utd's approach for Henderson, or the rumours about Cesc's deal with Barca - properly official I mean)

Gervinho deal could be back on. Seems he's set to leave Lille and with Arsenal apparently the only other interested side (other than Newcastle...) the deal may not be complete BS afterall:

Gervinho: "My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."

Gervinho reveals English intent | Liverpool News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

If sunderland paid £12m for Gibson and Brown they'd be mugs.

Gibson is average at best, and Brown is woeful.

Sunderland have made a bid for 3 United players. Gibson, Brown and O'shea.

They can **** off if they go anywhere near O'Shea.. Take Gibson and Brown please not O'Shea..

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Bid is worth £12million in total and has been accepted from what I believe. #safc #mufc

12 Million? Is it a joke.? Please sell Gibson and Brown for 12 Million.
Gibson and Brown for 12m? That's daylight robbery but I don't mind!

O'Shea, Brown and Gibson for £12M.

Love the price, and 2 of the players, but don't want O'Shea to leave. Please make it be Obertan. Please..

Ajax striker Mounir El Hamdaoui is likely to sign for Fulham after being benched when Martin Jol left the club. Want's to link up again with Jol and best friend Moussa Dembele at Fulham and is available for 4-5 million euros. Dutch press have been reporting this today.

Sign him UP Jolly!

AMSTERDAM - Ajax and Mounir El Hamdaoui are almost rid of each other. A transfer to Fulham of the attacker is almost done, according to Sport 1. The transition is reportedly an amount of 4.5 million euros. El Hamdaoui was last year for around five million euros brought to Amsterdam by Martin Jol. He became coach of Fulham yesterday.

http://www.elfvoetbal.nl/nieuws/130...-henderson-bijna-van-liverpool#reactie-130113

whaz all the hate on Brown?

I've always liked him tbh, maybe not able to still do a job at man u but he's defo decent back-up, and I would be happy if we signed him.

We want 8 million minimum for Cameron Jerome, wont let him go for any less...

we are looking at Marlon Harewood to replace him with :'( WORST rumour iv heard so far!!!

I seriously think we could get more than the 12mill if the 3 players were O'shea, Gibson and Brown.

Brown past it but can still do a job and O'Shea is a great player to have - can play across the back 4 and in midfield if need be. If a relatively unproven defender is going for 16mill and Ngog for 7(?) then would like to think that them 3 would fetch more than 12mill.

We want 8 million minimum for Cameron Jerome, wont let him go for any less...

we are looking at Marlon Harewood to replace him with :'( WORST rumour iv heard so far!!!

No-one will ever bid 8m for Cameron Jerome. gl.

If Gibson goes to Sunderland then I am tipping him to be one of the most improved players next season.

Brown £4M
Gibson £6M
O'Shea £5M

That's £15M.. think that's more likely tbh.

After the Copa America, Hulk will join Liverpool.

Zeb knows my source.

Status
Not open for further replies.