Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 592K
Status
Not open for further replies.
What sane person would pay more for Gibson than Brown.

In fact, what sane person would pay £4m and £6m for Brown and Gibson respectively.

Ambitious.

Imo Brown is worth 4 Million. Good enough to play in an "average" PL side at RB and CB, so not really a bad deal for either club- Agree with Gibson though, I can't see him getting 6 Million unless he proves himself on loan at a PL Team. 2-3 Million is realistic in my eyes, might even have to drop down into the Championship to get some first-team football..

O'shea >>>>>>>>>> De Laet, and you ideally want 4 full backs

Well, for me, Rafael & Evra are the starters. Then, Fabio can cover either flank, assuming Evans isn't leaving he can cover LB too, Smalling/Jones can cover RB if we're unlucky enough to have both Da Silvas out.

Are you really saying De Laet can offer what O'Shea can? O'Shea has served us for a decade and done well whenever needed to. Played as a RB,LB,CB,CM, **** even as a GK when VDS was injured for few mins. He has covered for Evra very well and he was first choice RB last season.

O'Shea is solid defensively and we are gonna suffer if we let him go. He is superb squad player..

No, I'm saying we'll be fine if he goes. I wouldn't say he is "solid'' defensively either.

I think it would be a big mistake if O'Shea leaves; I don't really rate him, but he's a decent squad player, versatile and gets the job done. He's a one club man, which is always a bonus and he seems to be happy as a squad player. But if he's on £80k a week then that's too much, but maybe he would take a wage cut? Can't see Sunderland paying him that!

What sane person would pay more for Gibson than Brown.

In fact, what sane person would pay £4m and £6m for Brown and Gibson respectively.

Ambitious.

Oh aren't they home grown so that shouldn't be adding few millions according to inflated english market?

What sane person whould value N'Gog at 7Million who barely scored in league. Infact did he even score more than Gibson?

I don't want O'Shea to leave, he's a valuable asset to our club.

Villa contacted rafa?

Could be interesting. What a replacement that would be.

EDIT: NVM, been confirmed that he won't be. Shame.

Last edited:
Talksport claims United and Liverpool are still monitoring Belgian midfielder Steven Defour, but tip Spartak Moscow to pounce while the Premier League giants are busy completing other deals (Jones and Henderson respectively). The Standard Liege star is rated at £15million, since you asked.

Shame it's talksport and not a more reputable source. Reckon he'd do well in England.
Also:

Time for an update on Shinji Kagawa. It looks like Borussia Dortmund aren't keen on selling their Japanese starlet, judging by general manager Michael Zorc's quotes in Germany's Bild. "Kawaga's sale is not an issue," he says. "Ferguson can save himself the offer. Our ambition is even to extend Shinji's contract early.

Disappointed. As a BVB fan though, I'm happy they are showing the ambition to keep their best remaining players despite their financial situation.

Last edited:
Manchester United are close to signing Pato Rodriguez, 21 year old left attacking midfielder from Argentinian side Independiente.

Apparently Pato Rodriguez is just a work permit away from being a Manchester United player. Do not mistake him with AC Milan's Alex Pato.

Another twitter rumour, not sure how reliable it is...

Manchester United are close to signing Pato Rodriguez, 21 year old left attacking midfielder from Argentinian side Independiente.

Apparently Pato Rodriguez is just a work permit away from being a Manchester United player. Do not mistake him with AC Milan's Alex Pato.

Been hearing about this a lot recently, wonder if he's pulling a Hernandez on us all..

Decent playmaker on fm, I haven't seen any of him in reality though. South Americans sometimes struggle in the prem though, would be an interesting gamble

News: Roma could be ready to move for Bojan, who has reacted with anger after being offered to Udinese as part of a transfer.

Could be a good buy for Roma. Would like to see him in the EPL though.

Roma could be ready to move for Bojan, who has reacted with anger after being offered to Udinese as part of a transfer.

Kenny, sign 'im up.

Looks like Everton have snapped up Jay Bothroyd on a free from Cardiff City

What The Papers Say - 07 June / News Archive / News / evertonfc.com – The Official Website of Everton Football Club

Happy with that tbh-good player. Would prefer him, than the attempt to land Klose who would've wanter £120,000 a week. No way we could afford that-would cripple us even more. Especially when faced with the nightmare prospect of Yobo returning.

Beckford and Bothroyd! A Championship teams dream! ;)
I kid mate.

Beckford and Bothroyd! A Championship teams dream! ;)
I kid mate.

cheeky beggar lol. Also news floating around that we're linked with Marc Albrighton and Darren Gibson too. Can't see any chance of us landing Albrighton. Villa would pay tooth and nail to keep him-and who can blame them. Going to be a great player

Status
Not open for further replies.