Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 592K
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheeky beggar lol. Also news floating around that we're linked with Marc Albrighton and Darren Gibson too. Can't see any chance of us landing Albrighton. Villa would pay tooth and nail to keep him-and who can blame them. Going to be a great player

Albrighton would cost an absoloute fortune. Gibson, if he doesn't join Sunderland, would be a good shout.

cheeky beggar lol. Also news floating around that we're linked with Marc Albrighton and Darren Gibson too. Can't see any chance of us landing Albrighton. Villa would pay tooth and nail to keep him-and who can blame them. Going to be a great player

Gibson is not good enough for Everton. Team with Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Rodwell is too good for Gibson.

Heard rumors that Everton are trying to get Welbeck on loan. Would be excellent for both parties imo..

Don't want Welbeck out on loan again. This season he should stay with us, and let Macheda go on loan to a PL club as there are some doubts as to whether he'll actually cut it or not. If he doesn't, we offload next season. If he does, Owen and Berbatov leave and we have Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and Macheda as our strikers along with Will Keane and Joshua King in case of emergency.

Albrighton would cost an absoloute fortune. Gibson, if he doesn't join Sunderland, would be a good shout.

Definately. He'd be better off at Villa tbh for the time being, and we do have some quality midfielders our selves, so he may not be guaranteed regular football. However, from what I'm hearing, the deal for Gibson would involve Rodwell going the other way.
But I definately wouldn't mind having Welbeck on loan. We could be starting the season with only 3 strikers in time for the new season the way things are going right now

Definately. He'd be better off at Villa tbh for the time being, and we do have some quality midfielders our selves, so he may not be guaranteed regular football. However, from what I'm hearing, the deal for Gibson would involve Rodwell going the other way.

I've never liked either. I've never seen the fuss over Rodwell, maybe it's just me being biased, but he's been distinctly average when I've seen him.

I've never liked either. I've never seen the fuss over Rodwell, maybe it's just me being biased, but he's been distinctly average when I've seen him.

His season wasn't his greatest tbh, but it was hampered by injuries. He's definately played better than he has recently.

But I definately wouldn't mind having Welbeck on loan. We could be starting the season with only 3 strikers in time for the new season the way things are going right now

Where did you hear Gibson to Everton rumor? Moyes is a fantastic manager who gets his signings most of the time spot on. He is not daft enough to sign Gibson mate..

Wouldn't say no to Gibson + cash for Rodwell ;)

Where did you hear Gibson to Everton rumor? Moyes is a fantastic manager who gets his signings most of the time spot on. He is not daft enough to sign Gibson mate..

Wouldn't say no to Gibson + cash for Rodwell ;)

Trying to find it again so can post the link. Tbh I think Utd would sign Rodwell regardless.

Trying to find it again so can post the link. Tbh I think Utd would sign Rodwell regardless.

Now if Jones signing is confirmed then it would be less likely that we will sign Rodwell.. Would love to see him at United though.

Shakhtar Donetsk are ready to let midfielder Willian join Arsenal, with Gunners midfielder Denilson going the other way in part-exchange, plus £4m.
Full story: the Sun

please god be true

Champions League winners Barcelona are keen on a move for Newcastle left-back Jose Enrique, 25.
Full story: talkSPORT

Another one why would we sign him if we sold him years ago as he wasnt good enough, whats changed?

Sebastian Larsson, who is a free agent after being released by Birmingham, will reject Arsenal, Aston Villa, Blackburn and Newcastle to sign for Sunderland.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Now if Jones signing is confirmed then it would be less likely that we will sign Rodwell.. Would love to see him at United though.

Well I still can't find that dam swap type story, but I definately saw it on an Everton forum. How true it is remains to be seen though. But there's a lot of Everton fans who aren't happy we could be making a move for Gibson. But Moyes is looking at a loan move for Welbeck though

Edit-found it

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,12330.0.html

Last edited:
Shakhtar Donetsk are ready to let midfielder Willian join Arsenal, with Gunners midfielder Denilson going the other way in part-exchange, plus £4m.

Have not seen much of him but he has been very promising from what I've seen.
Good technique, fast, skilful and can finish.
Be nice to see Denilson go.
Be an amazing deal if it's true.

Darren Byfield, Kieran Agard, Hope Akpan, Wayne Carlisle, Jean Calve and Tony Garrod have all signed on pre-contract negioations, with the players looking to sign when the clubs transfer embargo is lifted.

Nice if true, mix of youth and expierence but probably another typical Pasoti rumour...

please god be true
Doubt it, that makes Denilson worth £9m and even Shaktar aren't that stupid!

really hope this is true :D

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants TWO new centre halves – and is in talks with Blackburn’s Chris Samba and Bolton’s Gary Cahill.
Wenger has accepted that his back-line has to be strengthened and is trying to agree deals for the proven top-flight defenders.
Rovers star Samba’s touch may not be the best but he would be ideal for domestic action, where Arsenal were found wanting last season. The Arsenal boss will have to pay around £12million to land him.
Samba would also leap at the move, which would be a blow for Blackburn as they are already losing Phil Jones at the end of a season in which they only avoided relegation on the final day.

Wenger has also made a fresh move for classy Cahill, ironically after pulling out of a potential double deal for Samba and Jones.
The Gunners chief was not prepared to meet the valuation on England Under-21 prospect Jones, who is now believed to be heading for Manchester United.
Arsenal would like to take England squad-man Cahill for around £15m cash or throw some of their fringe players into a part-exchange package.
Bolton also have interest from Manchester City, which also includes exchanges, but the Gunners may appeal more to Cahill.
It would be a massive change of direction if Arsenal raided the domestic market heavily, but this past season has taught Wenger a few painful lessons.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger wants TWO new centre halves – and is in talks with Blackburn’s Chris Samba and Bolton’s Gary Cahill.
Wenger has accepted that his back-line has to be strengthened and is trying to agree deals for the proven top-flight defenders.
Rovers star Samba’s touch may not be the best but he would be ideal for domestic action, where Arsenal were found wanting last season. The Arsenal boss will have to pay around £12million to land him.
Samba would also leap at the move, which would be a blow for Blackburn as they are already losing Phil Jones at the end of a season in which they only avoided relegation on the final day.

Wenger has also made a fresh move for classy Cahill, ironically after pulling out of a potential double deal for Samba and Jones.

The Gunners chief was not prepared to meet the valuation on England Under-21 prospect Jones, who is now believed to be heading for Manchester United.
Arsenal would like to take England squad-man Cahill for around £15m cash or throw some of their fringe players into a part-exchange package.
Bolton also have interest from Manchester City, which also includes exchanges, but the Gunners may appeal more to Cahill.
It would be a massive change of direction if Arsenal raided the domestic market heavily, but this past season has taught Wenger a few painful lessons.

Cahill is definately an excellent defender. Samba I'm not sure about-only because I've not seen him play 90 mins just highlights on tv. Thought Wenger may have been better off going for someone like Jagielka personally.
And just broke on Talksport that Phil Jones has failed a medical. Awaiting official conformation

Why would we need two CB's?

Already have 3 that are EPL quality, 1 very exciting prospect, 1 promising prospect and Squillaci.

Joss is gonna luv it!

Ugh.

Well we know that the bit about Wenger not meeting Blackburn's valuation of Jones isn't true. Arsenal and Utd (and Liverpool?) had £16/7m bids accepted and Jones simply chose United partly because of the North-West connection. Cahill isn't worth £16m, neither is Jones really. I'd rather Cahill than Samba, though - I just can't see what the latter brings to us. Good in the air, poor on the ground.

I still think we should be looking for experience, though. Cahill isn't experienced, nor is he a no-nonsense defender. At least Samba has that I suppose. The good thing about missing out on Jones is that it showed we have money which Wenger is willing to spend on a CB, but these two are the wrong targets IMO.

Especially, as I said, people have said we need an experienced, no-nonsense CB, who is a "leader". Neither of those two players have ever won anything before - how is that going to stop us falling away in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.