Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 607K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mentioned this a couple of pages ago. We've made contact and apparently have first refusal from Lille with personal terms the easy part. Starting price will be about 20M, possibly up to 25M+ if others get involved.

Interesting development, would only make sense if one of Nasri, Arshavin or Fabregas was leaving

Interesting development, would only make sense if one of Nasri, Arshavin or Fabregas was leaving

I think, as you said, we're trying to make sure we don't lose out on other targets IF Nasri leaves.

But it doesn't necessarily mean one of them has to go. It would end our interest in Gervinho (if there is any) but he'd probably rotate/start on the LW with Nasri rotating with Walcott on the right. Same w Gervinho, but he can also play as a ST.

I think, as you said, we're trying to make sure we don't lose out on other targets IF Nasri leaves.

But it doesn't necessarily mean one of them has to go. It would end our interest in Gervinho (if there is any) but he'd probably rotate/start on the LW with Nasri rotating with Walcott on the right. Same w Gervinho, but he can also play as a ST.

Either way, the kind of player arsenal should be linked with

Goonblog: "Just been told that Samba is very close to signing for #afc. Fee around £9m."

Not going to put my thoughts out there again - I will support any player once he pulls that shirt on, but I'm not convinced this will work. Hope I'm proved wrong, though.

epic epic epic

Samba is class and what we need IN MY OPINION

ok Joss ;)

Michael Chopra close to joining Ipswich, paving the way for Wickham to Liverpool.

Michael Chopra close to joining Ipswich, paving the way for Wickham to Liverpool.

Incorrect...

Chopra is the player they want to replace the out of sorts Jason Scotland and Tamas Priskin...

They will sign another striker when/If Wickham leaves.

Just saying.

Samba = Martin Keown v2.

he and hernandez can be best of friends - like your last poacher and Keown:

keown-nistelnooy2-415x275.jpg

Goonblog: "Just been told that Samba is very close to signing for #afc. Fee around £9m."

Not going to put my thoughts out there again - I will support any player once he pulls that shirt on, but I'm not convinced this will work. Hope I'm proved wrong, though.

And can't wait when Wenger signs a poacher and you come up with your tactical analysis on how you dont need a poacher ;)

On topic though, would be good addition to the squad. He will solve set pieces problem and would be threat while attacking set piece. Not sure how good he is on ball, personally I thought you would sign Cahill..

Samba = Martin Keown v2.

he and hernandez can be best of friends - like your last poacher and Keown:

keown-nistelnooy2-415x275.jpg

RVN was just not a poacher. He developed his game really well. His game outside the box was good and his hold up play too..

Samba is better than Cahill and GC is also english and would be overpriced

And can't wait when Wenger signs a poacher and you come up with your tactical analysis on how you dont need a poacher ;)

On topic though, would be good addition to the squad. He will solve set pieces problem and would be threat while attacking set piece. Not sure how good he is on ball, personally I thought you would sign Cahill..

Don't think he will. Very few rumours about Gameiro to Arsenal happening atm.

RVN was just not a poacher. He developed his game really well. His game outside the box was good and his hold up play too..

There's always something with you isn't there? :p

Spurs have bid rejected for Abel Hernandez (sorry if zoomed)

Tottenham bid for Abel Hernandez rejected by Palermo - Telegraph

Would be a great signing for Spurs.

Samba is better than Cahill and GC is also english and would be overpriced

I don't think so, Cahill is clearly the better player. Last season Samba was great, but before that he was just the big lump that Allardyce would get his team to hoof the ball to. Gary has a £17M release clause, not alot considering Henderson's just joined Pool for around that price.

[Offtopic] N'zogbia has just scored his first goal for France :D [/Offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.