Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 606K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having that vision isn't a "tweak" to your game, it's how you grow up playing and usually have from a young age. Arsenal's tactics are built around Cesc's vision and passing range - Nasri simply doesn't have that. He's an attacking midfielder, not a centre-mid.

He's not played well on the left hand side. Not sure why, but whenever we've played him there, he's not been as good as he can be. Giggs has drive, but his main quality is his experience and passing range.

Well if we do sign and start few games as CM then surely he will adapt to that role isn't it. He doesn't have passing range of Scholes, but he can carry ball forward.

Well if we do sign and start few games as CM then surely he will adapt to that role isn't it. He doesn't have passing range of Scholes, but he can carry ball forward.

thats what i my point is, he will be used to drive forwards from deep, linking with rooney a lot and finding the right winger/heading for goal

Nasri is not a robot to play the same way Joss.. He can tweak his game and get used to our style if we ever make a bid or sign him. Simple as that..

Of course he can - I never said he couldn't. I said he didn't have the VISION to play the deeper role and that isn't something you can just tweak in training after a couple of weeks.

I'm putting forward ideas, and saying how he's done well at Arsenal whilst comparing that to how he could fit in at Utd. Of course how he plays at Arsenal isn't the only way he can play; he's a rounded player and a good one. Now stop putting words in my mouth will you? Kthanks.

Can we please refer to Nasri as Prince Samir, Sounds so much cooler.

Typical Scott - living up to his reputation.

a) I really doubt he's on those wages.
b) Gibson? You'd really prefer Gibson? Wow, just wow.
c) He provides cover all over the midfield.

There's other players I'd prefer, but I see where he fits and trust Fergie's judgement.

a) If we sign him, he would ask those wages.
b) Meh... Gibson or Young. ****. Like I said, I would rather keep Gibson than sign Ash. Something unclear ?
c) So does Nani and Park.

Imagine now if Rooney would post on twitter something like: Samir Nasri is a great french player,one of the best wingers i played against... XDXDXD

Last edited:
!!!!!!!! :D

Barcelona budget fund makes Cesc Fabregas move unlikely

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola will only have have 45 million euros to spend on players this summer.
Barcelona vice-president Javier Faus said the figure reflected a need to reduce the club's debt but added "we don't rule out investing more".
However, unless that were to happen, it makes a move for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas unlikely this summer.

The European champions could generate extra funds by offloading players such as Bojan, Maxwell and Jeffren.
If enough cash was made through sales, then the Barcelona-born Fabregas could still return to the Nou Camp, where he was a youth player, before the transfer window deadline in August.

Faus added: "The gross debt has been reduced from 532million euros to 483million euros, and the net debt from 431million euros to 364million euros.
"We want to decide our future and to do so we must reduce the debt to acceptable levels.
"This will make Barcelona the most financially solvent club in the world in two or three years."

BBC Sport - Barcelona budget fund makes Cesc Fabregas move unlikely

Of course he can - I never said he couldn't. I said he didn't have the VISION to play the deeper role and that isn't something you can just tweak in training after a couple of weeks.

I'm putting forward ideas, and saying how he's done well at Arsenal whilst comparing that to how he could fit in at Utd. Of course how he plays at Arsenal isn't the only way he can play; he's a rounded player and a good one. Now stop putting words in my mouth will you? Kthanks.

Typical Scott - living up to his reputation.

Joss, I do understand what you are saying. All I'm saying is problem is not big. I dont even think thats a problem. And like i said he wont be deployed in a deeper role as Carrick plays that role. Did you see how Anderson plays? Drops little deep and makes driving runs. Creates havoc with his dribbling ability.

CM who can dribble is always handy and if Nasri can improve his positional play he can do well as a CM.

And Joss, you have some issues. Got worked up for saying Nasri err, Prince Samir is not Robot :p

@Calum - Lies. They downplay their budget because they think that makes it more likely for Cesc to push for the move and force Arsenal to knock the price down. I don't think he will do that, personally - he's not going to try and cut Arsenal out of the deal however much Barca want to.

!!!!!!!! :D

Barcelona budget fund makes Cesc Fabregas move unlikely

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola will only have have 45 million euros to spend on players this summer.
Barcelona vice-president Javier Faus said the figure reflected a need to reduce the club's debt but added "we don't rule out investing more".
However, unless that were to happen, it makes a move for Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas unlikely this summer.

The European champions could generate extra funds by offloading players such as Bojan, Maxwell and Jeffren.
If enough cash was made through sales, then the Barcelona-born Fabregas could still return to the Nou Camp, where he was a youth player, before the transfer window deadline in August.

Faus added: "The gross debt has been reduced from 532million euros to 483million euros, and the net debt from 431million euros to 364million euros.
"We want to decide our future and to do so we must reduce the debt to acceptable levels.
"This will make Barcelona the most financially solvent club in the world in two or three years."

BBC Sport - Barcelona budget fund makes Cesc Fabregas move unlikely

If he wants to leave, he should go. Don't bother with players who want to leave, they're just a bad influence.

Joss, I do understand what you are saying. All I'm saying is problem is not big. I dont even think thats a problem. And like i said he wont be deployed in a deeper role as Carrick plays that role. Did you see how Anderson plays? Drops little deep and makes driving runs. Creates havoc with his dribbling ability.

CM who can dribble is always handy and if Nasri can improve his positional play he can do well as a CM.

And Joss, you have some issues. Got worked up for saying Nasri err, Prince Samir is not Robot :p

How have I got issues for NOT responding to Scott being an idiot?

I've never said it was huge problem. I'm wondering where he'd fit in and again, you're putting words in my mouth.

Nasri would be a good signing - of course he would. All I'm trying to do is look at how Utd HAVE played, and how Nasri HAS played and how the two could work. To which the answer was emphatically; he'll need to change his game (which is obviously possible) and Utd will have to adjust their tactics (which is obviously possible).

I wouldn't really say Anderson causes havoc somehow..

Right, I am the Idiot for being able to call Nasri, Prince Samir... And not taking it so personally. Pathetic really, wouldnt you agree?

I've never said it was huge problem. I'm wondering where he'd fit in and again, you're putting words in my mouth.

Nasri would be a good signing - of course he would. All I'm trying to do is look at how Utd HAVE played, and how Nasri HAS played and how the two could work. To which the answer was emphatically; he'll need to change his game (which is obviously possible) and Utd will have to adjust their tactics (which is obviously possible).

I wouldn't really say Anderson causes havoc somehow..

Bolded part, Check Anderson of this season when he was on song. Thats for other day and thread.

Nasri has all the attributes to play as a CM imo. And this whole discussion would be waste if he signs a new contract <)

Edit: You got worked up for saying Nasri is not Robot and can tweak his game. You took as if I'm putting words into your mouth which clearly I was not...

Last edited:
Bolded part, Check Anderson of this season when he was on song. Thats for other day and thread.

Nasri has all the attributes to play as a CM imo. And this whole discussion would be waste if he signs a new contract <)

Look like arsenal are talking to Lille again, getting ready to cover their bases?

#WatfordFC will be keen to see #AVFC's Ashley Young sold for big money to #MUFC. They get 15% of any fee above £9.65m

Status
Not open for further replies.