Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 607K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal for Wickham accepted from Ipswich, for Sunderland. I'd still reckon we're favourites though.

Deal for Wickham accepted from Ipswich, for Sunderland. I'd still reckon we're favourites though.

Confused why we haven't tried to sign Wickham, would have been a good replacement for Carroll. Will be interesting to see who we can bring in during the summer to fill our void upfront.

Confused why we haven't tried to sign Wickham, would have been a good replacement for Carroll. Will be interesting to see who we can bring in during the summer to fill our void upfront.

you can take bendtner? :D

I think Young will surprise us. He'll either be very good or catastrophically bad. This is the move that defines his career. Good luck Ash.

I think Young will surprise us. He'll either be very good or catastrophically bad. This is the move that defines his career. Good luck Ash.

He's going to wreck Villa with corners and free kicks next season. I can sense it.

He's going to wreck Villa with corners and free kicks next season. I can sense it.

Frankly, if we defend set-pieces like we did this season, he could fall over and headbutt himself in the bollocks and still get an assist from a set-piece.

I have a good feeling about this deal. Yes, compared to CM, this deal was least priority, but with quality players around him he can take his game to he next level. I for one dont mind having him in our squad. Little ****** has assisted 2-3 goals against us..

I have a good feeling about this deal. Yes, compared to CM, this deal was least priority, but with quality players around him he can take his game to he next level. I for one dont mind having him in our squad. Little ****** has assisted 2-3 goals against us..

Little ******? I can feel the love positively radiating off you. ;)

Little ******? I can feel the love positively radiating off you. ;)

:p

I used to hate to see Young and Agbonlahor playing against us. Always did well against us. Agbonlahor scored so many "Routine headed" goals against us, it was not even funny anymore.

My gut feeling is He will do a lot better here. I'm very optimistic :)

:p

I used to hate to see Young and Agbonlahor playing against us. Always did well against us. Agbonlahor scored so many "Routine headed" goals against us, it was not even funny anymore.

My gut feeling is He will do a lot better here. I'm very optimistic :)

He'd have to do a **** of a lot better to match his debut season. ;)

Seriously though, I expect him to do really well. No boos from me if I catch him playing against us at Villa Park, he's been an excellent servant to the club and I wish him well. We've still got Gabby to score the cheap goals though. :p

Assuming it's a 15 mil deal, we'll take 2.25 out of that to pay Watford, leaving us with roughly 12.75 mil to play with, plus any other stuff we do and Lerner's transfer kitty. Should make for good spending, but we need a bleedin' manager...

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp is reportedly ready to reignite his interest in Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand.

The Spurs boss brought Ferdinand through the West Ham academy during his time as manager at Upton Park and Redknapp remains a big fan of the England international centre-half.

Redknapp made a move for Ferdinand last summer but was told the defender was not for sale, but he is ready to try his luck again.

United have plenty of options at centre-half, including possible new boy Phil Jones, and Redknapp is ready to test their resolve for Ferdinand.

It is unlikely that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson would let Ferdinand go without a fight but he is believed to have an interest in Spurs playmaker Luka Modric.

Redknapp does not want to see Modric leave but if the midfielder decides to request a transfer or force a move, having conceded that a transfer is not out of the question this summer, then the Spurs boss may try to force the Old Trafford side to include 32-year-old Ferdinand as a makeweight in any potential deal.

Thoughts?

He'd have to do a **** of a lot better to match his debut season. ;)

Seriously though, I expect him to do really well. No boos from me if I catch him playing against us at Villa Park, he's been an excellent servant to the club and I wish him well. We've still got Gabby to score the cheap goals though. :p

Assuming it's a 15 mil deal, we'll take 2.25 out of that to pay Watford, leaving us with roughly 12.75 mil to play with, plus any other stuff we do and Lerner's transfer kitty. Should make for good spending, but we need a bleedin' manager...

He did really well under MON. I think it was in 2007-08 or 2008-09 when MON compared him to Kaka:p Isn't it..

He was superb in those 2 seasons though. If we get back the same player then we have got one helluva winger in our hands. In combination with Valencia, Nani, Park so much variety to our attack..

Erick Torres everybody ;) ?
and hello,Ash Young even didn't finish his move to Utd,don't make judgement to him,just shut up
Time will tell us

Last edited:
If it helps us get Luka, I am all for it, But Rio wont leave,

Tell that you are joking Scott.. Rio is a massive player for us. With him we look so much assured at back. On and off the field we need him. We have lost VDS, Gary, Scholes and will be losing Brown, O'Shea. So we need the experience both on the field and dressing room..

He did really well under MON. I think it was in 2007-08 or 2008-09 when MON compared him to Kaka:p Isn't it..

He was superb in those 2 seasons though. If we get back the same player then we have got one helluva winger in our hands. In combination with Valencia, Nani, Park so much variety to our attack..

Quite. He was stupid good that first season especially.

Erick Torres everybody ;) ?
and hello,Ash Young even didn't finish his move to Utd,don't make judgement to him,just shut up
Time will tell us

What the actual eff?

#$#%# it's Ash :mad:
Never mind, I trust you Fergie. Now, please, sign some playmaker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.