Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 607K
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have sold Bebe? And i can ask the same question, you dont know the clause and no club will put a clause on 10 games or 2-3 goals.

Utd are closer to selling Bebe than Liverpool are Aquilani since Juve have actually withdrawn their interest.

And David Conn seems to suggest there weren't any add-on clauses. The 'clause' was the buy-out clause in his contract, which he signed a matter of days before signing for Utd. The release clause was £7.4M

Bebé played only six pre-season friendlies for Vitória, before stories began to circulate that he was attracting interest from some of Europe's top clubs.

Vitória then quickly put him on a second, improved contract, on an enhanced salary with a bigger buyout clause – the price any club would have to pay if they were to sign him – to €9m (£7.4m).

Bebé: Six steps that took a Lisbon street kid to Manchester United | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

EDIT:

Although, of course, most of that went to Jorge Mendes.

Utd are closer to selling Bebe than Liverpool are Aquilani since Juve have actually withdrawn their interest.

And David Conn seems to suggest there weren't any add-on clauses. The 'clause' was the buy-out clause in his contract, which he signed a matter of days before signing for Utd. The release clause was £7.4M

Bebé: Six steps that took a Lisbon street kid to Manchester United | David Conn | Football | The Guardian

EDIT:

Although, of course, most of that went to Jorge Mendes.

Juve are not ready to pay the money that was mentioned in the clause.

We haven't agreed any fee, it is just a loan deal. Knowing how media went ballistic before Bebe even kicked ball, I'm not worried about the loss they are mentioning.

Manchester United reportedly paid considerably less than the £7.4 million quoted for Bebe according to reports in Portugal.
Eyebrows were raised in the summer when the Premier League giants signed Bebe for a reported fee of £7.4 million, particularly after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed he had never seen the 20-year-old play before, yet the initial fee purported by the British media appears grossly exaggerated if Portuguese newspaper O Jogo is to be believed.
The Portuguese daily suggests Ferguson paid as little as £4.8 million for the former Victoria De Guimaraes starlet.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Footbal...Bebe_cost_fraction_of_£74_million_quoted.aspx

Last edited:

We haven't agreed any fee, it is just a loan deal. Knowing how media went ballistic before Bebe even kicked ball, I'm not worried about the loss they are mentioning.

The time for Juve to pay the money in the clause has passed, we can now demand as much as we want.

Rumours In turkish media that Robert Green has signed a two year deal with Bursaspor.
Believe it when I see it but..
:'(

The time for Juve to pay the money in the clause has passed, we can now demand as much as we want.

And no one is ready to pay that amount. Juve were ready to pay 7 Million. You lot spent 20 Million on him and his huge wages.. At least Bebe was on peanuts..

And no one is ready to pay that amount. Juve were ready to pay 7 Million. You lot spent 20 Million on him and his huge wages.. At least Bebe was on peanuts..

What?! We spent about 11 million upfront, the rest coming through your favourites!; clauses. Clauses of which we've paid few, about 2 million I believe. Bebe cost 7.4 million, hardly peanuts compared to 11 million.

But, let's leave it at that, let's not de-rail this thread.

What?! We spent about 11 million upfront, the rest coming through your favourites!; clauses. Clauses of which we've paid few, about 2 million I believe. Bebe cost 7.4 million, hardly peanuts compared to 11 million.

But, let's leave it at that, let's not de-rail this thread.

You can believe whatever make you feel better..
Manchester United reportedly paid considerably less than the £7.4 million quoted for Bebe according to reports in Portugal.
Eyebrows were raised in the summer when the Premier League giants signed Bebe for a reported fee of £7.4 million, particularly after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed he had never seen the 20-year-old play before, yet the initial fee purported by the British media appears grossly exaggerated if Portuguese newspaper O Jogo is to be believed.
The Portuguese daily suggests Ferguson paid as little as £4.8 million for the former Victoria De Guimaraes starlet.
And I didn't say 7 Million is peanuts. Wages. Aquilani was on high wages and Bebe was on low wages.

Edit: Yes, Will leave it here..

Portuguese media: Bebe cost fraction of £7.4 million quoted 27 October 2010 - 13:59 | Sport.co.uk

Can't find any other source for that. Not sure of the reliability of a source citing another source which cites another source which has no obvious quotes.

Hmm, actually, David Conn has an answer for that, too:

Mendes, before agreeing the deal with United, had bought Bébé's 30% of his own economic rights – for €100,000. When Bébé was then sold on to United days later, Mendes had become entitled to 30% of United's €9m fee, which worked out at €2.7m. The further €0.9m is assumed to be his fee for acting as the agent – a further 10%. Vitória were left with 60% of the fee, according to the reports, €5.4m.

How Manchester United's Bébé went from street kid to

Joss, Still we are not selling Bebe as there is no fee agreed. It is just like any other loan.

Joss, Still we are not selling Bebe as there is no fee agreed. It is just like any other loan.

Well the deal seems closer than Aquilani -> Juve which was my original point.

(EDIT) ESPN is usually fairly reliable. The claim the loan deal has an option of a permanent move for 2M

Nice to see you accepting that Bebe did in fact cost the full amount, just that only 60% of that went to Vit. Guimares.

Last edited:

Telegraph is saying that there's a £2m buy clause for Bebe as part of the loan. Have to check it out properly, but the accounts of the Portugese club you bought him from will give a certain amount but won't include the rather substantial 'arrangement fee' for the agent. That's where the £4.8m vs £7m could be coming from.
And, yes, we'll lose a fair bit on Aquilani (sorry Ride the Walrus but it's true). When he's sold I'll do the math on it but 20m euros (not pounds) is roughly what he cost us.

Telegraph is saying that there's a £2m buy clause for Bebe as part of the loan. Have to check it out properly, but the accounts of the Portugese club you bought him from will give a certain amount but won't include the rather substantial 'arrangement fee' for the agent. That's where the £4.8m vs £7m could be coming from.
And, yes, we'll lose a fair bit on Aquilani (sorry Ride the Walrus but it's true). When he's sold I'll do the math on it but 20m euros (not pounds) is roughly what he cost us.

Bit about Bebe is exactly what I've been saying.

So for ever deal there will be Arrangement fee or is it only for his deal? Good that you clarified this.

GUYS. This is turning into a bebé thread, go make one to discuss it or something >_< Haven't seen anything non-bebe related in the last page and a half. Transfer rumours, Y U NO APPEAR?

Well the deal seems closer than Aquilani -> Juve which was my original point.

(EDIT) ESPN is usually fairly reliable. The claim the loan deal has an option of a permanent move for 2M

Nice to see you accepting that Bebe did in fact cost the full amount, just that only 60% of that went to Vit. Guimares.

ESPN is reliable? From when? They will publish so many stories from Goal.com and say them as fact. They are as bad as any paper out there.

And regarding Bebe fee, will have to check how other transfers work. Coz as far as I'm aware there will be agent fee for every transfer..

So for ever deal there will be Arrangement fee or is it only for his deal? Good that you clarified this.

What? Read my 2nd quote from David Conn. Guimares only got 60% of the transfer fee, Mendes got the other 40%.

If we do the math: 60% of 9ME is 5.4ME.

5.4ME = £4.8M - the fee the Portuguese Daily (picked up on by the ever reliable and informative TalkSHITE) claim Utd paid overall. As Zeb says - the accounts don't include the significant fee paid to Mendes.

[video=youtube;IRoh62wRgkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRoh62wRgkc[/video]

(Couldn't resist)

EDIT:

Both the Telegraph and ESPN are usually reliable.

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/engl...ho-gets-what-footballs-richest-transfers.html

Bebe/Jorge Mendes thread.

It's common, but not to the extent of this deal (as a percentage of overall fee paid by a club). Anyways, another place for this discussion is best :)

It's common, but not to the extent of this deal (as a percentage of overall fee paid by a club). Anyways, another place for this discussion is best :)

Thanks for the clarification. So every deal involves agent fee which is not included in the published figures isn't it?

Anyways 7 Million was lot, but still cannot understand why media went ballistic about this deal when in todays market 7 million is nothing..

There has been no given indication from utd that there is a clause to make it a full transfer, so far only rumours.

Would like remind everyone the name of the thread, Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012 meaning it not about Liverpool or arsenal against united

On-topic: Alex Ferguson is rumoured to have made a personal call to Sanchez, Dailymail

Status
Not open for further replies.