Transfer Rumour Thread 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said that he loved Spurs, Arsenal were his favourite side, and he was delighted that United were watching him. Says a lot of ****. Although I hope he isn't coming to us.

He has been trolling everyone the whole season and bigging himself up ... says a lot about him really

He also said that he loved Spurs, Arsenal were his favourite side, and he was delighted that United were watching him. Says a lot of ****. Although I hope he isn't coming to us.

French journalist confirmed that Hazard didn't say anything about playing in blue. He said he prefers Premier league but nothing about color, it is something few journos pulled out of their ****.

Saying that Hazard is a media ***** though.

Well, just work it back. He plays on the wing for Lille and seems to play on the wing as a priority, unsure if he can play AMC or not.

United have enough wingers.
Arsenal have enough wingers.
Tottenham have enough wingers.
Chelsea would rely on huge money or CL football for him to sign.
City would rely on huge money for him to sign.

His constant media whoring does him no favours, although his agent prob told him it'd help his contract.

Early personal success and Zidane's speaking of him have gone to his head. I think he might be best of at United where year of Fergie hairdryer might set him straight.

Anderlecht's Lucas Biglia to Aresnal or Real, both have contacted his agent, fee around £10m (buyout)

We're being rumoured with Jan Vertonghen as we're battling Arsenal and Man Utd for his signature.

Well, just work it back. He plays on the wing for Lille and seems to play on the wing as a priority, unsure if he can play AMC or not.

United have enough wingers.
Arsenal have enough wingers.
Tottenham have enough wingers.
Chelsea would rely on huge money or CL football for him to sign.
City would rely on huge money for him to sign.

His constant media whoring does him no favours, although his agent prob told him it'd help his contract.

Like who?

VdV would be wasted there. Pienaar is probably leaving. Dos Santos could be too.

Pienaar? Bale? Lennon? Dos Santos? Even Van der Vaart can play as inside forward - just like in Madrid..

Out of the five you mentioned, two are out of favour, and one is capable rather than excellent when deployed wide.

Rumors from Portugal:

Hulk (63M) and Javi Garcia in Chelsea
Gaitan in MU trading with Fábio and Anderson plus 25M
Ola John (6M) and Luuk de Jong (12M) in Benfica
Witsel in Real Madrid
Neslon Oliveira in Barcelona

Out of the five you mentioned, two are out of favour, and one is capable rather than excellent when deployed wide.

He was saying that those ARE spur's wingers, or players capable of playing wide.

He was saying that those ARE spur's wingers, or players capable of playing wide.

Wingers =/= 'players capable of playing wide'. Of the five mentioned, only two actually play at their best on the wing.

Pienaar and Van der Vaart are not wingers. You could argue that Giovani is, but i'd say he's at his best off the striker in Van der Vaart's role.

Even if Van der Vaart is 'capable' of playing on the wing, why move him out of his best position, then you have to find someone to play there instead. Pointless.

Spurs need another winger, particularly a pacey one that actually stays wide.

Pienaar? Bale? Lennon? Dos Santos? Even Van der Vaart can play as inside forward - just like in Madrid..

I'll give you Bale and Lennon, our starting wingers.

Giovani is completely out of favour, so much so that Harry prefers to completely imbalance our side by playing VDV or Modric there rather than give little Dos Santos another chance on the right.

Pienaar doesn't suit our style at all, and is another player who does his best work by linking up with an overlapping left back and floating inside. Baines =/= Assou-Ekotto.

Already covered Van der Vaart mostly, but he's a central player, not a winger.

So, we have 2 wingers who both start for us when fit... is depth not required anymore?

Wingers =/= 'players capable of playing wide'. Of the five mentioned, only two actually play at their best on the wing.

Either way you look at it GC your original quote of Vase was misunderstood by you as you state that only one of those players is a "winger" when in actual fact 2 of those players are what we can call "natural wingers" while the others (Pinenaar, Dos Santos and VdV) are all Capable of playing on the wing but are perhaps better utilized in other places (Pienaar in Everton for example).

Getting back to the thread

Dembele looks like he'll be playing for a "top 4 side" next season. http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/#
Looks as if Vertonghen has decided to play for Spurs.
Sneijder urged to join Manchester United by Teddy Sheringham

Either way you look at it GC your original quote of Vase was misunderstood by you as you state that only one of those players is a "winger" when in actual fact 2 of those players are what we can call "natural wingers" while the others (Pinenaar, Dos Santos and VdV) are all Capable of playing on the wing but are perhaps better utilized in other places (Pienaar in Everton for example).

I find it amusing that you accuse me of misunderstanding something when you can't do simple maths. I said that out of the five players he mentioned, two were out of favour (Dos Santos and Pienaar) and one was not a wide player at all (Van Der Vaart), leaving two natural wingers (Lennon and Bale).

Van Der Vaart playing on the wing should not have to be an option at all, considering his effectiveness in the centre and lack of it when shunted wide. Pienaar and Dos Santos really haven't performed to a high standard during the minutes they did get playing for Spurs, and thus we can likely safely say they'll be shipped out soon. Leaving Bale and Lennon as the only two senior wingers in the Spurs squad, with the possible exception of Danny Rose, who is being used at left-back now anyway. As such, Billy's original query made sense.

I find it amusing that you accuse me of misunderstanding something when you can't do simple maths. I said that out of the five players he mentioned, two were out of favour (Dos Santos and Pienaar) and one was not a wide player at all (Van Der Vaart), leaving two natural wingers (Lennon and Bale).

Van Der Vaart playing on the wing should not have to be an option at all, considering his effectiveness in the centre and lack of it when shunted wide. Pienaar and Dos Santos really haven't performed to a high standard during the minutes they did get playing for Spurs, and thus we can likely safely say they'll be shipped out soon. Leaving Bale and Lennon as the only two senior wingers in the Spurs squad, with the possible exception of Danny Rose, who is being used at left-back now anyway. As such, Billy's original query made sense.

You corrected your self on the second post as you can see. If you accuse my math of being **** recount yours first. You needed 3 posts to properly get your point across.

Either way don't drag it out this isn't the thread for it.

You corrected your self on the second post as you can see. If you accuse my math of being **** recount yours first. You needed 3 posts to properly get your point across.

Either way don't drag it out this isn't the thread for it.

Much as I love trying to find ways of telling Godcubed he is wrong/making his life a misery (hello FM edits), You're the one who has got it wrong, you failed to understand it, even though he made it very clear, and two spurs fans said pretty much the same thing as him. As he said 2 are out of favour, and one would be doing a job there, which leaves 2 actual wingers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.