Started again with Middlesbrough and using the 433 now, working very well still in 17.3.1. Personally i think the 4231 version only works if you have a average team or world class team from the times iv used the tactic.

When you have a red card on the 4th min, what do you do with the tactic and keep its defence structure??.. easy just take off your CF and replace the gap whoever got sent off. :D

View attachment 100758

Sacked very quickly. It would have been nice D.Silva was Z.Zidane.

Since I am encountering some database error when trying to edit the OP, I am leaving this one here.

ZIDANE 4231 V2

2543866-20170513-MtC6Vo.png

2543867-20170513-fgiVtf.png

NO OI's

### DOWNLOAD HERE ###

Now the OP is updated properly.

ZIDANE 4231 V2

NO OI's

NOTES

- Corners should be taken by the best corner taker
- Don't be afraid to use this tactic in lower leagues saying I won't find proper Complete Forwards. Your striker should do well
- When you wish to protect the lead, go to Counter mentality
- When behind in the last 20 minutes, go to Attacking mentality
- When down to 10 men, play without AMC and set the striker role to DLFs.

TEST SEASON WITH SOUTHAMPTON

Last edited:
Now the OP is updated properly.

ZIDANE 4231 V2

NO OI's

NOTES

- Corners should be taken by the best corner taker
- Don't be afraid to use this tactic in lower leagues saying I won't find proper Complete Forwards. Your striker should do well
- When you wish to protect the lead, go to Counter mentality
- When behind in the last 20 minutes, go to Attacking mentality
- When down to 10 men, play without AMC and set the striker role to DLFs.

TEST SEASON WITH SOUTHAMPTON

I'm still searching for decent 4-2-3-1 like yours at FM 16 mate, I hope this is as good as previous one at last year.

I'm still searching for decent 4-2-3-1 like yours at FM 16 mate, I hope this is as good as previous one at last year.

If V2 is as good as V1 was it will be, V1 was solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Zyndar, have you removed the 433 old version from the OP? Any specific reason?

Also, I am going to be one of those nagging fans who will say that CF role doesn't work for my strikers in lower leagues. Playing Serie C at the moment. Is there any other role I can try? Will your DLF from 433 work in this newer 4231 version?

Hey Zyndar, have you removed the 433 old version from the OP? Any specific reason?

Also, I am going to be one of those nagging fans who will say that CF role doesn't work for my strikers in lower leagues. Playing Serie C at the moment. Is there any other role I can try? Will your DLF from 433 work in this newer 4231 version?

I have removed since no one was using the old versions. If CF is really not working, just set the role to DLFs.

So far so good with the new version:

View attachment 94390

Squad:

View attachment 94389

Transfers:

View attachment 94388

Couple of notes to make though on this tactic so far, as you can see I've pretty much revamped the entire squad so the team cohesion won't be great yet I'm still managing to win. Also out of the 5 goals I conceded since the season started (I don't count the community shield here), all 5 have been from set pieces, 4 direct freekicks and one scrappy corner

So far so good with the new version:

View attachment 1115658

Squad:

View attachment 1115659

Transfers:

View attachment 1115660

Couple of notes to make though on this tactic so far, as you can see I've pretty much revamped the entire squad so the team cohesion won't be great yet I'm still managing to win. Also out of the 5 goals I conceded since the season started (I don't count the community shield here), all 5 have been from set pieces, 4 direct freekicks and one scrappy corner

Set pieces were working properly during testing, so I hope it will be better for you later.

Set pieces were working properly during testing, so I hope it will be better for you later.

I genuinely think it's just a run of bad luck with them, like I said 4/5 were from direct free kicks, there's nothing you can do about them haha!

I have noticed playing with a DLF gets much better ratings, and also playing on the counter, for some reason every team loves to sit back with a 10 man wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk