• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who complained about the atmosphere? They're deluded. It was electric, you could hear that from the TV.

OK, we're not known for being the loudest of supporters, but I went to the game last year, I went to Chelsea at home, and Man Utd away and each time it was an incredible atmosphere. We're well capable of stepping up the atmosphere at the big games, and our away supporters are superb.

People here were complaining about atmosphere when there was so much in the game to discuss.

Arsenal played excellent pressing game and Wilshere was not only good with ball at his feet, but also good with out it. He was very good defensively and tactically. Surprised that some chose to ignore that.

Who complained about the atmosphere? They're deluded. It was electric, you could hear that from the TV.

I completely agree with this. Well... from the 80th minute onwards.

I haven't stated that United are the best team in the world. I have only said that stating Barcelona are the best team in history is probably an overstatement when they can't at this point match the accomplishments of Manchester United in the past 5 years.

If you wish to see history then we can all safely say that Real Madrid 55-60 is the best.

I'm so sick of the 'EPL is the best league ever so whoever wins the EPL is the best team ever' arguments. Who has ManU's competition been in the past five years? The EPL is a two-horse race every year, just like La Liga. In the EPL it's ManU and Chelsea (and this year ManU has no serious competition, even though they really haven't been that good), and in La Liga it's Barca and Real. ManU did go to consecutive finals but got lucky in the first and in the second one they were handily beaten by this Barca team (which is better now than it was then). They lost C. Ronaldo and Tevez and Scholes and company are older now. I think ManU from 07-09 was a very good team but Barca over the past few years has been much better, and that's why everyone is calling them a historic team.

People here were complaining about atmosphere when there was so much in the game to discuss.

Arsenal played excellent pressing game and Wilshere was not only good with ball at his feet, but also good with out it. He was very good defensively and tactically. Surprised that some chose to ignore that.
Some people will look for anything to deflect the fact that Barcelona lost and they aren't as perfect as they want them to be.

I'm so sick of the 'EPL is the best league ever so whoever wins the EPL is the best team ever' arguments. Who has ManU's competition been in the past five years? The EPL is a two-horse race every year, just like La Liga. In the EPL it's ManU and Chelsea (and this year ManU has no serious competition, even though they really haven't been that good), and in La Liga it's Barca and Real. ManU did go to consecutive finals but got lucky in the first and in the second one they were handily beaten by this Barca team (which is better now than it was then). They lost C. Ronaldo and Tevez and Scholes and company are older now. I think ManU from 07-09 was a very good team but Barca over the past few years has been much better, and that's why everyone is calling them a historic team.

..And this from an Arsenal fan...

The PL is far more competitive than La Liga IMO, but that's an argument completely irrelevant to this topic, so don't start!

Well done Lé ****.

Here's hoping we both finish the job in the second leg and eventually play each other.

Barca in 2008-09 were **** lucky against Chelsea. I'm not surprised that you didnt mention that.

How were we lucky in 2007-08? Whose fault is that if Terry cant score from spot kick?

Last 20 years we are as bigger as any club there. Winning 11 league titles, 2 Champions league and countless cups.

Barca in 2008-09 were **** lucky against Chelsea. I'm not surprised that you didnt mention that.

How were we lucky in 2007-08? Whose fault is that if Terry cant score from spot kick?

Last 20 years we are as bigger as any club there. Winning 11 league titles, 2 Champions league and countless cups.

Can people stop talking about Man Utd and how they were or weren't lucky in the Champions League? This thread is about the match last night!

/Mike.rantover

Can people stop talking about Man Utd and how they were or weren't lucky in the Champions League? This thread is about the match last night!

/Mike.rantover

Should have resisted quoting him. Apologies..

closed till 2nd leg

EDIT:

decided to just keep it open:)

Last edited:
You want atmosphere, eh? BAM! [Video Link]

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Oh and:

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_szczesny2.gif

You want atmosphere, eh? BAM! [Video Link]

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Oh and:

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_szczesny2.gif

IM not having a dig here at Arsenal or anything but your using an example of an Atmosphere when your team have just came back to score 2 goals against the best team in the world obviously the fans will be loud.. IMO thats a bad example of there being atmosphere because I'd be worried if it was silent after the comeback.. but get a videoclip of the team at 40-60 minutes where the atmosphere is like that...

Anyway you still can't take away the win from Arsenal yes Arsenal don't have a big songbook and whatever but the football they play is sublime and last night was a great game and can't take anything away from them and to point out the atmosphere as a bad point in the game are just sniping because they're gutted Arsenal won.

IM not having a dig here at Arsenal or anything but your using an example of an Atmosphere when your team have just came back to score 2 goals against the best team in the world obviously the fans will be loud.. IMO thats a bad example of there being atmosphere because I'd be worried if it was silent after the comeback.. but get a videoclip of the team at 40-60 minutes where the atmosphere is like that...

Anyway you still can't take away the win from Arsenal yes Arsenal don't have a big songbook and whatever but the football they play is sublime and last night was a great game and can't take anything away from them and to point out the atmosphere as a bad point in the game are just sniping because they're gutted Arsenal won.

i was at the game mate believe me there was an atmosphere through out the game

Reasons for Messi not able to score.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GySnEwFhWWI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - oops messi[/ame]

About time arsenal got a half decent goalie!

And the atmosphere was immese last night. Unfortunately, it was only for the last 10 minutes of the game

Much as I thought the atmosphere was pretty **** good, I rather tired of Arsenal's chants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back