• Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Highlights for those that missed the game

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6oeM1NlPa4"]Arsenal Vs Barcelona pt1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=124PwLqQj8E"]Arsenal Vs Barcelona pt2[/ame]

oO) you can say that about everyteam's chants

Lol not really.. Other teams have many many chants. This was something I picked up on ages ago. Although who needs hundreds of chants ? but Arsenals basically consist off

And Its Arsenall F.C
or
Arsenal Arsenal Arsenall.

Thats all I generally hear when watching Arsenal.

Lol not really.. Other teams have many many chants. This was something I picked up on ages ago. Although who needs hundreds of chants ? but Arsenals basically consist off

And Its Arsenall F.C
or
Arsenal Arsenal Arsenall.

Thats all I generally hear when watching Arsenal.

Amazing, Arsenal get criticised for not singing much and when they do sing, they still manage to get criticised. I don't think most teams have many different chants, most of what you hear is similar chants from different sets of fans adapted to suit there club of preference.

oO) you can say that about everyteam's chants

No, you can't. When I go to a game, I like to hear a range of chants. Every Arsenal chant seems to consist of the generic "Arsenal FC" one which every football club in Britain seems to have, and also just chanting "Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal". That, or chanting the name of a player.

Amazing, Arsenal get criticised for not singing much and when they do sing, they still manage to get criticised. I don't think most teams have many different chants, most of what you hear is similar chants from different sets of fans adapted to suit there club of preference.

Can't vouch for any other clubs, but for Villa and Palace there are a whole range of different chants. The John Carew, Moustapha Salifou, Ashley Young, Jean Makoun, Albrighton chants... it goes on. Likewise for Palace with the Darren Ambrose and Steffen Iversen chants.

Last edited:
No, you can't. When I go to a game, I like to hear a range of chants. Every Arsenal chant seems to consist of the generic "Arsenal FC" one which every football club in Britain seems to have, and also just chanting "Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal". That, or chanting the name of a player.

Whats wrong with that ?

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we don't have many team chants but what's the big deal? All it shows is we are uncreative lyricists, which has NOTHING to do with Football or passion.

I can hardly believe I'm reading this as a criticism.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that we don't have many team chants but what's the big deal? All it shows is we are uncreative lyricists, which has NOTHING to do with Football or passion.

I can hardly believe I'm reading this as a criticism.

Note that I didn't say anything about football nor passion. I merely said I tired of Arsenal's chants, which I did. I found it repetitive. This has nothing to do with the atmosphere, which from what I can gather was great, nor football, nor passion.

This atmosphere debate still goin on from last night? :S Thought the fact an English team beating a world class team would have been more important. That's just me though

This atmosphere debate still goin on from last night? :S Thought the fact an English team beating a world class team would have been more important. That's just me though

All just want to pick faults in Arsenal for some strange reason :S:(

Beating Barcelona > good/many chants. Any day.

If you read my other post though and don't just pickout one that you can reply and say I'm criticising...

Read the bold.

&

Anyway you still can't take away the win from Arsenal yes Arsenal don't have a big songbook and whatever but the football they play is sublime and last night was a great game and can't take anything away from them and to point out the atmosphere as a bad point in the game are just sniping because they're gutted Arsenal won.

I'm only pointing out some simple facts that answered Callums question.

Just like to point out some stats:

According to Orbinho (Arsenal Opta on twitter), 333 of Barca’s passes were in their own half. That’s 44% of all their passes, and seeing how high their defensive line was, to even get more than 30% in your own half is quite the achievement.

Barca made 650 odd passes or so, 416 of them were sideways, 139 were backwards.

That's what everyone has called Barca dominating the game..

Just like to point out some stats:

According to Orbinho (Arsenal Opta on twitter), 333 of Barca’s passes were in their own half. That’s 44% of all their passes, and seeing how high their defensive line was, to even get more than 30% in your own half is quite the achievement.

Barca made 650 odd passes or so, 416 of them were sideways, 139 were backwards.

That's what everyone has called Barca dominating the game..

Uh... to be fair to Barca, most of their game involves sideways passing, ball retention. First stat is impressive for Arsenal though.

I remember seeing at around 60 mins on the telly that Arsenal had some 200 passes to Barca's 400. That's pretty crazy.

Uh... to be fair to Barca, most of their game involves sideways passing, ball retention. First stat is impressive for Arsenal though.
but there is still a lot of aggressive passing, and the sideways passing tends to be a lot futther up the pitch, barca were having tp create from very deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back