• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
but there is still a lot of aggressive passing, and the sideways passing tends to be a lot futther up the pitch, barca were having tp create from very deep

Did the second stat say anything about where the sideways passes took place? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I thought that was just a general stat?

Did the second stat say anything about where the sideways passes took place? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I thought that was just a general stat?
this was from watching the game, compared to where barca normally stroke it about, and joss's map on the average positions shows it

but there is still a lot of aggressive passing, and the sideways passing tends to be a lot futther up the pitch, barca were having tp create from very deep

This.

It just shows a difference between possession, and actually dominating a game.

Obviously this is their game, but it shows how well Arsenal pressed them off the ball that they hardly played the ball forward in our half. A lot of it was fairly pointless triangles between Busquets, Xavi and others, which ended up just breaking down.

Arsenal were patient, unlike a lot of smaller sides who go out and press Barca for 90 mins. Or Sporting, who pressed for 45 and then parked the bus.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Arsenal 2-1 Barcelona: Gunners throw stick into magic roundabout | Arsenal Report http://t.co/zJhD27K

Nice article Joss people keep saying Barca dominated but in reality they did a lot of passing back and playing keep ball but most of their passing was not lethal.

I believe that Barca just like passing to build up a flow just like humming or whistling a tune as you dance helps build rhythm for the Barca way to play even if many of those passes did not have actual function.

Quite ironic how Nasri got the ball in the position Walcott had been crying out all for after he'd been subbed, and then assisted the goal.

Interesting statistics in that article Joss, only 20% of your passes being attacking when you had 63% of the possession tells its own story.

Why do people vote for an Arsenal win after the game has ended? ..

Absolutely fantastic win for arsenal. Beating barcelona is no mean feat even if it is the first leg.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT8luS1NPcQ"]YouTube - Jack Wilshere vs Barcelona - Champions League[/ame]

standout performer by a mile.

Sid Lowe says Valdes may be out for the second leg with a knee injury. Unconfirmed as yet, but great news if true!

Sid Lowe says Valdes may be out for the second leg with a knee injury. Unconfirmed as yet, but great news if true!

hope this is true. if it is it will be great news for arsenal

Yeah, always great when someone gets injured.

You know what he meant.

If he's out, it's a major boost. Terrific that Pique's out :wub: we really need to be on top form for the return.

If Pinto plays as well as he has against Bilbao today, then no, it won't be particularly good for Arsenal.

Yeah, always great when someone gets injured.

Don't be obtuse, you know what he meant. He means no harm on Valdes, but he's happy one of the best keepers in the world may be out for the second leg against his team.

Who've Barca got knocking around as backup nowadays?

You know what he meant.

If he's out, it's a major boost. Terrific that Pique's out :wub: we really need to be on top form for the return.

If Pinto plays as well as he has against Bilbao today, then no, it won't be particularly good for Arsenal.

dont cry.

i fancied Arsenal to beat them anyways but no Valdes, Puyol or Pique i think Arsenal should go through

Don't be obtuse, you know what he meant. He means no harm on Valdes, but he's happy one of the best keepers in the world may be out for the second leg against his team.

Who've Barca got knocking around as backup nowadays?

TBF the reaction to the injury woul of been completely different if someone said "yes an arsena player is injured" Like say if RVP got injured and i said " yes get it" the arsenal fans would attack me, Just cause he they are playing a foreign team doesnt mean we shouldnt stick to the same principles on injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back