UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal to get spanked again.
Seen it in the newspaper before, Interesting though, which Arsenal players would get into Barcelona 11? Fabregas would still probably only be benched. Other than him? None for me.

Clichy?

Fancy a drew at the emirates. 2-2. Barca to then win at Camp Nou

Arsenal just cannot sit back and defend here the whole match. If they can get through Barcelona, then it would be even better than the team they get drawn to in the next round.

Arsenal need to focus on their own game, and just have the likes of Villa, Messi, Iniesta and Xavi quiet, which is easier said than done. Retention of possession and quick counter-attacking and the odd one-two should break one or two chances.

Also, if they can get Clichy to play like he did last year at the Nou Camp, then they have a half-chance. To the minimum.

Clichy?

Clichy hasn't been a great LB for the last couple of seasons now, but I don't see how he could only include Fabregas in players he would move to the Barcelona bench as RVP > Bojan and Sagna > Adriano off the top of my head.

Clichy?

Clichy vs Abidal??

Plus there is the new hotshot Brazilian Adriano too and he looks decent

Fabregas will have the best chance imo

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Clichy hasn't been a great LB for the last couple of seasons now, but I don't see how he could only include Fabregas in players he would move to the Barcelona bench as RVP > Bojan and Sagna > Adriano off the top of my head.

true that, i guess RVP can get in if he manages to unseat Pedro on the left wing and I thought Adriano is a LB?

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

lol what?

stop posting nonsense how have we no confidence ? oO):S

jeez i did not say you had no confidence i just said you will not be high on confidence, after your second half against Newcastle and you win against Wigan was routine too

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

i doubt any of Chelsea's players can get in too except for Ashley Cole and maybe Essien, their whole team is irreplecable and packed with the best players in the world in nearly every position

Obviously we will bring up the second half, its where u showed your worst defensive performance yet, even though u were great in the fist half against Newcastle your defending was **** after Diaby got sent-off, as far as I am concerned, no attack is complete without a good defence and you guys can boast all u like about that first half, shipping 4 goals against Newcaslte is hardly the confidence booster Arsenal need before going into this match

Even though Barca's team has not changed, they are still better than any other team in the world and Villa is arguably one of the best strikers in the world and Macherano, a player capable of disrupting Arsenal's fluid play

RVP may be in great form but people tend to forget Busquets, he has always been the unsung hero and Pique is still there, another player who is one of the best CBs in the world

Arsenal no doubt have the quality to beat Barcelona but will have to play out of their skins to do it and its hardly like they are going into the match brimming with confidence
Considering we conceded the 4 goals while Squillaci was on the field, that game is only a valid point if he plays. With DJ and Kos our defence is considerably better. Of course it wasn't a confidence boost, but we have put that behind us with a good performance against Wolves.

I doubt Mascherano will even play. Of course Villa is amazing, but Ibra is no mug either.

And who will Pique be playing with? Milito or Abidal, neither are really good CB's.

Why would we not be going in with confidence? 8 games without losing, one really poor half isn't going to knock their confidence that much, especially when it wasnt even our most recent game.

Last edited:
Considering we conceded the 4 goals while Squillaci was on the field, that game is only a valid point if he plays. With DJ and Kos our defence is considerably better. Of course it wasn't a confidence boost, but we have put that behind us with a good performance against Wolves.

I doubt Mascherano will even play. Of course Villa is amazing, but Ibra is no mug either.

And who will Pique be playing with? Milito or Abidal, neither are really good CB's.

Why would we not be going in with confidence? 8 games without losing, one really poor half isn't going to knock their confidence that much, especially when it wasnt even our most recent game.

Dont see why you brought Ibra into the discussion, he is not involved in the game

Pique will be playing with Milito or Abidal, granted they are not Puyol but they can hold their own

Agreed Mascherano may not play but with Busquets dropping deep to form Barcelona's tradional 3 man CB line, its hard to see why he cannot play a pivotal role

8 games without losing and in one of those games, in the second half you shipped 4 goals against a Bottom-Half Team and that was you second last game, your point on it not being your most recent game would have been valid if the Newcastle game was 2-3 weeks ago

btw your most recent game was against Wolves which ended 2-0, was a routine win for you against cellar dwellers

Last edited:
btw your most recent game was against Wigan which ended 2-0, was a routine win for you against cellar dwellers

Was it? News to me, i thought we played Wolves yesterday?

Suppose I'll make my prediction as well...

4-0 Barcelona at the Emirates.
1-1 at the Nou Camp to regain a bit of pride.

my bad, get mixed up with the names :)

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

dont see how you ignored my whole article and only quoted me on a typo

I guess that means my points are valid then :)

Change the record, please.

Koscielny and Djourou have looked very good. They have lost 1 game this season, while Squillaci has lost 7. Squillaci isn't playing. Koscielny and Djourou are, and are doing very well.

Yeah I know, I remember hearing about that on Sky Sports News, but still, Messi, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta and co. will be far too hard to deal with for Djourou imo.

Prefer Madrid to Barca but I'm hoping they destroy Arsenal...

My bias opinion aside, I honestly cannot see Arsenal winning either leg.. But it's their own fault considering they couldn't win one of the easier groups in the competition.

4-1 Barcelona on aggregate.

Dont see why you brought Ibra into the discussion, he is not involved in the game

Pique will be playing with Milito or Abidal, granted they are not Puyol but they can hold their own

Agreed Mascherano may not play but with Busquets dropping deep to form Barcelona's tradional 3 man CB line, its hard to see why he cannot play a pivotal role

8 games without losing and in one of those games, in the second half you shipped 4 goals against a Bottom-Half Team and that was you second last game, your point on it not being your most recent game would have been valid if the Newcastle game was 2-3 weeks ago

btw your most recent game was against Wolves which ended 2-0, was a routine win for you against cellar dwellers
I brought Ibra in because I mentioned that their team was pretty much the same except Villa in for Ibra. You then said Villa is arguably the best in the world, which is probably is. But Ibra isn't too bad either. So their team isn't too different at all.

Busquets may play a role, but Mascherano won't ;)

I don't see why one half should have such an impact on us.

I brought Ibra in because I mentioned that their team was pretty much the same except Villa in for Ibra. You then said Villa is arguably the best in the world, which is probably is. But Ibra isn't too bad either. So their team isn't too different at all.

Busquets may play a role, but Mascherano won't ;)

I don't see why one half should have such an impact on us.

Villa>Ibra

Dont see why Mascherano cant play an important role, probably one of the best DMs in the world

If i shipped 4 goals in one half, it would have an impact on me, dont think thats something that is to be debated about, it rings clear as a bell to anyone that it has severely dented your confidence but that is not to say Arsenal cannot win

Villa>Ibra

Dont see why Mascherano cant play an important role, probably one of the best DMs in the world

If i shipped 4 goals in one half, it would have an impact on me, dont think thats something that is to be debated about, it rings clear as a bell to anyone that it has severely dented your confidence but that is not to say Arsenal cannot win
Of course Villa is better, but Ibra wouldn't be too far behind.

Mascherano can't play a role if he isn't playing ;)

The players won't be thinking about that half. It happened, nothing they can do so they won't be thinking about it.

Glad to see you think we have a chance :p

Status
Not open for further replies.