UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Of course Villa is better, but Ibra wouldn't be too far behind.

Mascherano can't play a role if he isn't playing ;)

The players won't be thinking about that half. It happened, nothing they can do so they won't be thinking about it.

Glad to see you think we have a chance :p

how do you know the players wont be thinking about the half, dont tell me you can read minds now too?

and if u read my ealier posts I said that Arsenal have a good chance of winning if they turn up and play to their potential

Wonder if Fabregas will have the "I wish I was there" look about him this time.

how do you know the players wont be thinking about the half, dont tell me you can read minds now too?

and if u read my ealier posts I said that Arsenal have a good chance of winning if they turn up and play to their potential
I do read minds :p

Maybe I didn't word it right, I would hope the players aren't thinking about that game. Some might, but I would hope most have put it behind them.

I do read minds :p

Maybe I didn't word it right, I would hope the players aren't thinking about that game. Some might, but I would hope most have put it behind them.

yep you did not word it right earlier and yes I agree with you in general :)

Gonna go for an Arsenal win and a Fabregas master class, just to be different.

:)

Barcelona. No question about it. 2-0 Nou Camp, 1-0 on Emirates

First of all you have Barcelona's team all wrong positionally and Nasri is injured...

I think Arsenal will miss Nasri. He has very good ability to retain possession when under pressure. Barca press with 2-3 players at a time which makes it difficult to hold possession. This is where Nasri is very important. He can dribble, slip in a thru ball, or make a good pass.

I hope Arsenal turn up and take good advantage in the first leg.

A good chance according to Wenger.

Nobody's gonna make a Spurs thread? Yeah they're not important anyway... (6)

He's not match fit

He shoudn't play we need him fit and ready for the CC Final and the rest of the FA and PL

He's not match fit

He shoudn't play we need him fit and ready for the CC Final and the rest of the FA and PL
He's been injured for what 2/3 weeks? He'll be alright its not like it was a long term injury. Tbh I'd rathered he played in this than the CC Final.

Of course if he hasn't recovered from his injury he shouldn't be picked.

He's not match fit

He's been injured for what 2/3 weeks? He'll be alright its not like it was a long term injury. Tbh I'd rathered he played in this than the CC Final.

Of course if he hasn't recovered from his injury he shouldn't be picked.

Wenger said he has tests today and yesterday. Physically, he's ready, but he doesn't want to take a risk..

In terms of CC final - It's not as simple as "Well play him here and if he gets injured he misses the CC final.." He would miss another chunk of the season, which is never good!

Villa>Ibra

Dont see why Mascherano cant play an important role, probably one of the best DMs in the world

If i shipped 4 goals in one half, it would have an impact on me, dont think thats something that is to be debated about, it rings clear as a bell to anyone that it has severely dented your confidence but that is not to say Arsenal cannot win

Mascherano rarely plays.. Busquets is first choice, just because he drops back to CB occasionally, doesn't mean Mascherano will play even if he is one of the best DMs in the world...

Ibra is obviously relevant - Barca sold their only aerial threat in the summer, if Arsenal force them wide, we nullify a large portion of their attack. Nervous about Eboue stepping in for suspended Sagna, who has probably been the best, certainly one of the best RBs in the league this season in terms of consistency.

I don't think we have lost any confidence from that. If we were low on confidence we wouldn't have dominated Wolves for 90 minutes. OK, it was only 2-0 and it was "routine" but that's only because we made it so. We could have scored 4/5 easily..

I'm pretty sure they've put that behind them, especially considering how good the defence (Koscielny and Djourou) has generally been - Not losing in 8 games or whatever and only conceded 2 in the PL since the new year (bar Newcastle because Squillaci played in the second half).

I don't think it did dent our confidence. We more or less got away with it in terms of points with Utd losing. It's disappointing, but I think they're professional enough to move on.

Valdes
Alves Puyol Pique Abidal
Iniesta Busquets Xavi
Messi Villa Pedro​

Puyol is injured. Maxwell is first choice LB anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.