Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question 1.

Bendtner or Chamakh?

Question 2.

Who should AW play in midfield? (Assuming Fabregas is fit, and Wilshere starts, that basically leaves who should play Song's position and who should play wide)

Arsenal Report | Facebook Discussions | Who should replace Alex Song? http://on.fb.me/gBJnqU

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

All the stats means nothing if Messi turns up and play his natural game. That is for sure. Arsenal should produce some magical defensive display to stop Barca scoring.

The point is that everyone assumes we're going to get hammered because Barca are a good side, and Arsenal's defence is crappy, when it's quite clearly not.

There's a reason Messi didn't do well at the Emirates. You can say he had a quiet game, but that's taking away from the magnificent performance of Koscielny.

There's a reason Messi didn't do well at the Emirates. You can say he had a quiet game, but that's taking away from the magnificent performance of Koscielny.
Your defense was at the top of it's game, barca had an average game (good first half, poor second) and yet still had enough clear chances that would've put them 4-0 up by HT on a good day. (with messi having 3 chances)

Barca will score at the Nou camp, that's a fact. And it'll only take a 1-0. But I can't see arsenal scoring with bendtner (or even chamakh), regardless of whether Puyol plays.

Predicted Teams?

Pinto
Alves Abidal Milito Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Villa Messi Pedro

Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Kosienly Clichy
Song Wilshere
Nasri Fabregas Arshavin
Bendtner/Chamakh

Valdes recovered from the injury and i think Maxwell is going to play instead of Adriano.

Ooh question time :P

Question 1.

Bendtner or Chamakh?

Hmm, toughie. Bendtner's hat-trick vs. the mighty Orient probably just about convinces me he's more of a threat than Chamakh - he had a good start to the season but recently he's been pants.

Question 2.

Who should AW play in midfield? (Assuming Fabregas is fit, and Wilshere starts, that basically leaves who should play Song's position and who should play wide)

Again, it brings up the topic of recent performances, and neither Denilson or Diaby have been convincing enough for me. Diaby is more of a whole player than Denilson in my opinion, so naturally I'd choose him.

I'd absolutely love it if we put this to bed. Love it.

The point is that everyone assumes we're going to get hammered because Barca are a good side, and Arsenal's defence is crappy, when it's quite clearly not.

Even last season Messi didn't do anything special at Emirates. His record in England is poor. But the way he played at Camp Nau was excellent.

People are writing off Arsenal as Barca are easilly Favs to win the tie. But that doesn't mean Arsenal are poor defensively, but Barca are very superior in attack. Like i said, Arsenal need to produce Godly defensive stability to come out of tie with victory.

People are writing off Arsenal as Barca are easilly Favs to win the tie. But that doesn't mean Arsenal are poor defensively, but Barca are very superior in attack. Like i said, Arsenal need to produce Godly defensive stability to come out of tie with victory.
Well they produced that godly defensive display at home, still conceded and could've let alot more in if messi wasn't misfiring. It's all a question of will arsenal score, and how many can they score. I didn't think they could last season and was proved wrong, but again I just can't see it, regardless of if (worst case scenario) barca were missing pique, puyol and valdes.

Alex song was crucial to the first leg as well, so I can see the floodgates opening tbh.

i have faith that diaby will step up his game and fill songs position and have a blinder

Your defense was at the top of it's game, barca had an average game (good first half, poor second) and yet still had enough clear chances that would've put them 4-0 up by HT on a good day. (with messi having 3 chances)

Barca will score at the Nou camp, that's a fact. And it'll only take a 1-0. But I can't see arsenal scoring with bendtner (or even chamakh), regardless of whether Puyol plays.

Eh? Messi had ONE clear -cut chance in the first half, and missed it, Villa scored his only chance of the game, really. Apart from that, Messi shot wide from a narrow angle in the second half, and Pedro had a shot which was saved. Yet they could have been 4-0 up at HT? I seriously don't know what game you were watching, if any.

Oh yeah, and Messi scored an offside goal.

Who says our defence can't be at the top their game again? Our record speaks for itself - they're all very good and we have a top goalkeeper.

I don't think Barca scoring is a fact at all. It's highly likely we won't be able to keep them out for 90 minutes, not impossible. Bendtner scored at the Nou Camp last year, and has been looking good lately. Chamakh is finding form again.

It only takes a 1-1, or a 3-2 for us to go through. Ifs and buts - I'm talking statistics.

Even last season Messi didn't do anything special at Emirates. His record in England is poor. But the way he played at Camp Nau was excellent.

Again, last season he was marked out of the game. That time by Alex Song. Barca are favourites, but Arsenal are leading on aggregate, people seem to forget that.

Statistically, we're more likely than Utd or any other team in the league to keep them out.

Everyone has all these ideas about Barca being invincible and "dominating" the first leg, then when we beat them, everyone says it's a one off etc. etc. They didn't "dominate" us at all in the first leg, they had possession and did nothing with it for most of the game.

Well they produced that godly defensive display at home, still conceded and could've let alot more in if messi wasn't misfiring. It's all a question of will arsenal score, and how many can they score. I didn't think they could last season and was proved wrong, but again I just can't see it, regardless of if (worst case scenario) barca were missing pique, puyol and valdes.

Alex song was crucial to the first leg as well, so I can see the floodgates opening tbh.

We didn't look like letting in a lot more tbh. Koscielny was MOM after Wilshere and did a superb job of keeping Villa out of the game. Messi missed two chances, one clear-cut, the other from a difficult angle.

Puyol and Pique are the main reason they don't concede every game. They play a risky, attacking game, and Arsenal will look to exploit that. It's highly possible Arsenal will score a goal, with or without Puyol and Pique at the back.

Again, last season he was marked out of the game. That time by Alex Song. Barca are favourites, but Arsenal are leading on aggregate, people seem to forget that.

Statistically, we're more likely than Utd or any other team in the league to keep them out.

Everyone has all these ideas about Barca being invincible and "dominating" the first leg, then when we beat them, everyone says it's a one off etc. etc. They didn't "dominate" us at all in the first leg, they had possession and did nothing with it for most of the game.

Last season he was marked out in the first leg. Second leg Song didn't play, even this time he is not playing.

Going by Stats, Barca would rip your defense new one. Stats prove nothing.

I haven't said Barca are invincible. Barca got the better result in the first leg. 2-1 loss is nothing when you have a team like Barca..

I'm not even saying Arsenal have no chance, all i said is Arsenal should produce excellent defensive game. Attacking Barca at Camp nau is a suicide.

Denilson is great at keeping possession + he's a very accurate passer (even tho most of his passes go to the back four XD) but he's very clumsy.
Diaby would provide a Vieira-like physical presence but he always gets his mind in two different worlds; "Should I pass the ball, or dribble towards the goal?" That results into losing possession and making Diaby look like a lazy ****.

would like to see arsenal win but think confidence is low still after carlin cup final plus barca at home immense

Last season he was marked out in the first leg. Second leg Song didn't play, even this time he is not playing.

Going by Stats, Barca would rip your defense new one. Stats prove nothing.

I haven't said Barca are invincible. Barca got the better result in the first leg. 2-1 loss is nothing when you have a team like Barca..

I'm not even saying Arsenal have no chance, all i said is Arsenal should produce excellent defensive game. Attacking Barca at Camp nau is a suicide.

Of course Arsenal won't just go on the attack. We'll do what we did in the first leg and counter attack, which we do/did very effectively.

Messi ripped apart Mikael Silvestre.Missing Song had an impact on the second leg, of course it did, but not as much as having Diaby and Denilson in midfield. They simply can't work together at all.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

would like to see arsenal win but think confidence is low still after carlin cup final plus barca at home immense

How is our confidence still low? We responded by thrashing Orient 5-0, and would have beaten Sunderland had we not hit the bar, and had two big decisions go againts us.

I don't think there's any evidence for that at all.

u should be beatin teams like orient didnt play that well against sunderland but still hope you win

Joss, don't want to burst the bubble or anything - but Messi's 'goal' was onside.

But overall I agree with you. You do have a chance, as they've not exactly been scintilating as of late. They'll be without Puyol (got ruled out this morning), Pique and will have a Valdes in goal who's only played once since the last game.

Arsenal are without Song (key player), RVP (key player), Walcott (key player) and Cesc and Wishere won't be 100% fit so it won't be too easy for you either.

You've certainly got a chance, but I can't see them losing at Nou Camp and I don't see you scoring twice (it's inevitable that they'll score, even Wenger has said it's naive to think they won't).

I think Biscuits will play as CB and Mascha as DM.
Biscuits and Milito as CBs, they are for the taking, but problem is Arsenal wont be getting much possession.

well, last season when they were playing at home they played without Pique and Puyol...
the line up will be
----------------Valdes
Alves-Busquets-Abidal-Maxwell/Adriano
--------Xavi-Mascherano-Iniesta
Pedro--------Messi---------Villa

Arsenal are without Song (key player), RVP (key player), Walcott (key player) and Cesc and Wishere won't be 100% fit so it won't be too easy for you either.

You've certainly got a chance, but I can't see them losing at Nou Camp and I don't see you scoring twice (it's inevitable that they'll score, even Wenger has said it's naive to think they won't).

RVP is back in the squad. Wilshere I think is pretty much 100%, he had a knock on his ankle, but was fine on Sunday. Cesc is 90% now, so after training today, and tomorrow, he should be fine. Last time he played when not 100% fit, he scored twice vs Villa from the bench ;)

Of course it's likely they'll score, I'm just saying that it's not "fact".

Agree though. I'm not saying it will be easy, just not as hard as everyone makes out!

well, last season when they were playing at home they played without Pique and Puyol...
the line up will be
----------------Valdes
Alves-Busquets-Abidal-Maxwell/Adriano
--------Xavi-Mascherano-Iniesta
Pedro--------Messi---------Villa

And we scored. And had other chances. We had Silvestre.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

OFFICIAL: Robin van Persie HAS been included in a 19 man squad to face Barca.

OFFICIAL: Robin van Persie HAS been included in a 19 man squad to face Barca.

Is it a risk worth taking? Probably not, but we're sure to be a **** of a lot stronger with him on the field. Hopefully he comes off from the bench and scores another couple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back