• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
RVP in the squad half fit? Pointless if you ask me.

They'll know that and they'll go out kicking him, and because they're in front of 98,000 Catalunians, referee will bottle it and he'll be pretty much useless. Although Bendtner seems to be a good impact player against Barca. They don't know how to cope, so if you need a goal you'd be better off bringing on Bendtner than RVP.

Can't believe I just said that Bendtner can be a goalscoring threat against Barcelona...

RVP in the squad half fit? Pointless if you ask me.

They'll know that and they'll go out kicking him, and because they're in front of 98,000 Catalunians, referee will bottle it and he'll be pretty much useless. Although Bendtner seems to be a good impact player against Barca. They don't know how to cope, so if you need a goal you'd be better off bringing on Bendtner than RVP.

Can't believe I just said that Bendtner can be a goalscoring threat against Barcelona...

Wenger can play mind games too you know.. He probably won't start, but he wouldn't take him if he wasn't fit.

Bendtner/Chamakh will start, RvP will come off the bench for 30 mins or so depending on how the game goes.

Should be an interesting game with Barcelona two most defensive players out and Arsenal two most offensive players out. Saying that I reckon Barca will edge this one

Definitely looking forward to this one. Arguably the two best squads of the moment. Hopefully Afellay gets some minutes. I'd like to see how much he's improved since his transfer to Barcelona.

Should be an interesting game with Barcelona two most defensive players out and Arsenal two most offensive players out. Saying that I reckon Barca will edge this one

Except Cesc is fit. RvP in squad, so only Theo is out for our offensive side. RvP is on the bench though.

Anyway, just published a new post - Barcelona v Arsenal tactical preview: Restrict Messi = Proceed To Next Round http://t.co/Arz1TdP - player impact in the Barca camp.

Touching on:

- Villa's off the ball movement.

- Restricting Messi's unpredictability and space.

- The question facing Wenger: Denilson or Diaby?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Definitely looking forward to this one. Arguably the two best squads of the moment. Hopefully Afellay gets some minutes. I'd like to see how much he's improved since his transfer to Barcelona.

Not at all. You watch La Liga and you see that Barca are ruining the careers of Affellay and Bojan, two of the most exciting players around in recent years.

:D:D:D

RVP IN SQUAD !!!!

Robin van Persie has been selected in Arsenal's Champions League squad to face Barcelona on Tuesday. The Dutchman had been expected to miss the last-16 second-leg tie having not played since injuring his knee in the Carling Cup final on 27 February.
But his inclusion came as another boost to Wenger who earlier said captain Cesc Fabregas was "90% likely" to be fit.
The pair had fitness tests on Monday ahead of the Nou Camp meeting in which Arsenal will hope to defend a 2-1 lead.

Valdes recovered from the injury and i think Maxwell is going to play instead of Adriano.

Agree with you on that.
Wouldn't be surprised if we see Busquets start centre back with Abidal and let Masch play dm. They have done before with success.

:D:D:D

RVP IN SQUAD !!!!

Robin van Persie has been selected in Arsenal's Champions League squad to face Barcelona on Tuesday. The Dutchman had been expected to miss the last-16 second-leg tie having not played since injuring his knee in the Carling Cup final on 27 February.
But his inclusion came as another boost to Wenger who earlier said captain Cesc Fabregas was "90% likely" to be fit.
The pair had fitness tests on Monday ahead of the Nou Camp meeting in which Arsenal will hope to defend a 2-1 lead.

Good news . RVP has been great lately , hopefully he can get a good ammount of time at the Nou Camp if Wenger brings him on. Doubt he will though

Good news . RVP has been great lately , hopefully he can get a good ammount of time at the Nou Camp if Wenger brings him on. Doubt he will though

He wouldn't be included in the squad unless he was able to play 20-30 mins. That's all I expect him to play, if at all.

Arsenal are 4/1 to go through tomorrow night.

Arsenal’s Probable Line-Up

Arsene Wenger will keep his faith in Wojciech Szczesny, even though the goalkeeper has been slightly nervous in the matches following the first leg win over Barcelona. The defensive line will be the same as in the first leg as well, but with Bacary Sagna coming back from suspension to replace Emmanuel Eboue. With Cesc Fabregas fit to play, Jack Wilshere will revert to his preferred position as a left central midfielder, with the first question mark being about who will replace the injured Alex Song – Diaby or Denilson?

Samir Nasri and Andrei Arshavin will flank Fabregas, and the second question mark is regarding whether or not Robin van Persie is fit to play in the central forward role – surprisingly Van Persie was today included in the provisional 19-man squad to face Barcelona. What this means is anyone’s guess, but Wenger wouldn’t include him if he wasn’t fit to play at least 20-30 minutes. We might very well see Van Persie tomorrow in some capacity, several weeks ahead of schedule.

Compared to Nicklas Bendtner, Marouane Chamakh has more overall quality, and follows similar movement patterns to Van Persie – dropping deep and acting as a second attacking midfielder at times. But Bendtner has more flair and is able to do the unexpected on a good day. For this match, Chamakh is a better starting choice in my opinion, while Van Persie or Bendtner should come on as a substitute in the last 25-30 minutes if needed.

probable-line-up.jpg

More HERE

If Diaby plays, Arsenal are in trouble. He's **** poor, the Gibson of Arsenal.

Wonder what the odds are on Arsenal playing Cesc slightly deeper and playing Rosicky (who's also **** poor may I add)?

Wonder what the odds are on Arsenal playing Cesc slightly deeper and playing Rosicky (who's also **** poor may I add)?

Think that's harsh on Diaby ;) He's better than Denilson who's our only other option.

Also, fortunately for us, Barca tend to focus their play on the right flank so that should take some of the weight off Diaby's shoulders.

Doubt that will happen tbh. Wilshere's fit so why leave him out when he played so well at Wembley, and so well in the 1st leg. I don't think he knows what pressure is.

I'm gonna take a shot at this and say that the chances are **** poor? :D

Think that's harsh on Diaby ;) He's better than Denilson who's our only other option.

Also, fortunately for us, Barca tend to focus their play on the right flank so that should take some of the weight off Diaby's shoulders.

Doubt that will happen tbh. Wilshere's fit so why leave him out when he played so well at Wembley, and so well in the 1st leg. I don't think he knows what pressure is.

I meant it as in...

Fabregas - Wilshere
Nasri - Rosicky - Arshavin
Chamakh​

I meant it as in...

Fabregas - Wilshere
Nasri - Rosicky - Arshavin
Chamakh​

Very little chance. Waste of Fabregas' talents - If anything, it would be:

Wilshere Nasri

Bendtner -- Fabregas -- Arshavin

Chamakh​

Very little chance. Waste of Fabregas' talents - If anything, it would be:

Wilshere Nasri

Bendtner -- Fabregas -- Arshavin

Chamakh​

Fair enough, but my point is that do you think there is a chance of Wenger playing one of his more attacking players slightly deeper to avoid playing Diaby or Denilson?

My prediction above wasn't a genuine prediction, more an idea..

Fair enough, but my point is that do you think there is a chance of Wenger playing one of his more attacking players slightly deeper to avoid playing Diaby or Denilson?

My prediction above wasn't a genuine prediction, more an idea..

No, I know what you mean, don't worry.

I was talking to a couple of other Arsenal tactics bloggers on twitter and this came up, but we decided that (although AW switched to my suggestion when Song came off in the 1st leg), he's more likely to go for Diaby - Wilshere - Cesc.

No, I know what you mean, don't worry.

I was talking to a couple of other Arsenal tactics bloggers on twitter and this came up, but we decided that (although AW switched to my suggestion when Song came off in the 1st leg), he's more likely to go for Diaby - Wilshere - Cesc.

Okay fair enough, would it surprise you if he did though?

Or do you think he only really has that as an option?

Okay fair enough, would it surprise you if he did though?

Or do you think he only really has that as an option?

I think he'd rather have some physicality in the midfield & I think he trusts the likes of Diaby and Denilson (perhaps a little too much) and isn't especially likely to use the other system.

So yes, it would surprise me if he started with it, but he may switch to it if we need a goal in the 2nd Half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back