• Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

striker Robin van Persie will miss the UEFA Champions League clash with Barcelona and is facing at least three weeks on the sidelines.
The stand-in Gunners captain sustained a knee injury when he scored the equaliser in Sunday's shattering Carling Cup final defeat by Birmingham at Wembley.
Arsene Wenger was forced to bring the Holland international off during the second half against the Blues
spacer.gif
and has confirmed his star forward, who has been in scintillating form recently, will be on the treatment table for much of March.
Wenger has already seen winger Theo Walcott ruled out of the second leg of their last-16 showdown with Barca, with the Gunners holding a slender 2-1 lead, while Cesc Fabregas
spacer.gif
is a doubt for the game at Camp Nou on 8th March due to his hamstring problem.
Van Persie
spacer.gif
had scored 13 goals in his last 11 games for the Gunners and his absence will be keenly felt with summer signing Marouane Chamakh
spacer.gif
struggling for form.
"Unfortunately, we had bad news on the scan and he will be out for the next three weeks for sure," Wenger told the club's official website.
"It could be longer. The shortest delay we can imagine is three weeks [so] he is definitely out for Barcelona.
spacer.gif
"

RT @ESPNPressPass: Since joining #Arsenal in 2004, RvP has missed 42.75% of their PL games (109/255). Most played in 1 season is 28 (08-09).

To be honest, the only thing that give me hope are the Barça players that will be out because of injuries and so.
I am curious to see what defence will Pep select for this match.

Bendtner hat-trick vs. Leyton Orient.. good sign XD shame van Persie is out, could have done with him.

Will Fabregas and Walcott be fit? I can't see Arsenal getting anything with either of them out, along with Van Persie.

Predicted Teams?

Pinto
Alves Abidal Milito Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Villa Messi Pedro

Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Kosienly Clichy
Song Wilshere
Nasri Fabregas Arshavin
Bendtner/Chamakh

Predicted Teams?

Pinto
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Villa Messi Pedro

Szczesny
Song Wilshere
Nasri Fabregas Arshavin
Bendtner/Chamakh

Good that Fabregas should be able to play. I wouldn't like Arshavin up against Alves though. Alves will look to get forward constantly and I can't seen Arshavin being willing to track him.

Hope this game is decided on penalties after 120 mins of total non stop football. Then Arseanl players will be exhausted completely.. Come on Xavi and Messi. Make them work as they have never done before. 120 mins of follwing your lots shadows..

And hope Arsenal win on penalties.

Disaster! Alex Song is definitely out of the match :'(

Cesc Fabregas is expected to pass a final fitness test on Monday morning and board the plane bound for Barcelona later the same day.

The Arsenal captain has been out with a hamstring injury since the 1-0 win over Stoke 13 days ago. Speaking before training on Monday, Wenger confirmed that Fabregas would be fit for the Champions League Knockout Round second leg if, as expected, he comes through a late examination.

Elsewhere there is mixed news. Jack Wilshere is fit after suffering a slight ankle injury against Sunderland but Alex Song (knee) is out.

“Fabregas will have a final test today,” said Wenger at his Monday morning briefing. “It is 90 per cent he will travel and be fit. It is vital for us because he is important in the transition between attacking and defending. He is also the leader of the team so we want him there.

Alex Song is completely out. He had a test on Sunday morning and it was negative. Wilshere will be fit.

“Everybody else who played on Saturday should be available.”

Arsenal.com

no no no no we need Song he is the only DM we have as denilson and Diaby are not that great :(

Arsenal always get injuries :(

Gutted for Arsenal and for Song.. for the second year in a row Song doesn't get to play at the Nou Camp and it will probably mean his team goes flying out again without his defensive ability.

Barcelona 3-0 Arsenal

2-0 to Barca late on, Arsenal push forward looking for a goal and get smacked on the counter attack.

Hope I'm wrong though.. want Arsenal to go through!

We'll have to make-do. Good news is that Wilshere is fit, and most definitely Fabregas.

Predicted Teams?

Pinto
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Villa Messi Pedro

Szczesny
Diaby Wilshere
Nasri Fabregas Arshavin

Bendtner/Chamakh

edited the team please no denilson

****.. Song is very important. Even last season he missed the game. If Fabregas is not fit then there is no point in playing him. If he gets injured then league is also as good as gone. Gutted for Arsenal fans, Hope Wilshere play a blinder as he is the key.

Is Walcott fit?

Walcott is out too as far as I'm aware.

Yeah

Walcott
Vermaelen
Song
RVP
Fabianski

are all out

Yeah

Walcott
Vermaelen
Song
RVP
Fabianski

are all out

How, HOW are we this unlucky?

Good news for us is that we have fully available back 5, and Fabregas & Wilshere are both fit. (Fabregas is 90%, so should play)...

We also don't have Mikael Silvestre and Manuel Almunia..

Arsenal will score, I'm pretty sure of that. There was a stat along the lines of in Arselona encounters, both sides have scored every time or something..

We also have the 3rd best defensive record in the league, by the way. Behind only City & Chelsea (2nd and 1st respectively) and people seem to forget we have a lead, rather than going in level.

And we only conceded one away goal, rather than two like last year.

Best hope that Barca don't score at all really: if they score one I'm pretty sure they'll score another, and then it'll be uphill. Like last year I hope we can score first (Bendtner). We'll have to keep attacking from then on, or controlling because we can't defend for a lolly.

How, HOW are we this unlucky?

Good news for us is that we have fully available back 5, and Fabregas & Wilshere are both fit. (Fabregas is 90%, so should play)...

We also don't have Mikael Silvestre and Manuel Almunia..

Arsenal will score, I'm pretty sure of that. There was a stat along the lines of in Arselona encounters, both sides have scored every time or something..

We also have the 3rd best defensive record in the league, by the way. Behind only City & Chelsea (2nd and 1st respectively) and people seem to forget we have a lead, rather than going in level.

And we only conceded one away goal, rather than two like last year.

All the stats means nothing if Messi turns up and play his natural game. That is for sure. Arsenal should produce some magical defensive display to stop Barca scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back