• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zomg Van Persie criticising the referee, and no doubt Wenger will do too. Will there be as much of a fuss over that as there was with Fergie?

Of all the people I feel sorry for today, the one I feel most sorry for has got to be Valdes. Poor bloke must've been bored out of his mind.

Stop blaiming the ref!!! Arsenal had 0 shots on goal in 90minutes!!! They also handed Barca 2 goals and like someone has already said on here if Arsenal didnt finish 2nd in a group they proberly should have won then they would never of had to play Barca so early on.
I don't think any Arsenal fan has blamed the ref for us losing.

We were outplayed and were far from the best. But at 1-1 and us ahead on aggregate and one of our best player gets very harshly sent off, it changes things massively.

Zomg Van Persie criticising the referee, and no doubt Wenger will do too. Will there be as much of a fuss over that as there was with Fergie?

Well that depends if either of them question the integrity of the ref?

Of all the people I feel sorry for today, the one I feel most sorry for has got to be Valdes. Poor bloke must've been bored out of his mind.

Bored? He had the best seat in the house! Surprised he didn't just go sit in the stands.

Arsenal striker Robin van Persie on being shown a second yellow card for shooting after the referee had blown his whistle: "It had a big influence on the outcome - at 1-1 it was all to play for - and it was a total joke because how can I hear his whistle with 95,000 people jumping up? There was only one second from his whistle to my shot and it is a joke. I explained it to him but he was been bad all evening."

Hard to argue with him. No doubt he will get in trouble for it though.

I don't think any Arsenal fan has blamed the ref for us losing.

We were outplayed and were far from the best. But at 1-1 and us ahead on aggregate and one of our best player gets very harshly sent off, it changes things massively.

Oh i know and i never said it directly to Arsenal fans mate. Im just saying Arsenal lost today because of themselfs. If they dont gift Barca their first goal then the game goes in 0-0 at half time and its a completly different ball game (well not literally).

Of course, it might have been a soft red card, but come on- Arsenal had no shots on target. Barcelona played some awesome passing game. Okay, if Van Perise was sent off maybe the game would have changed, no one knows. But that's why football is never boring.

Well that depends if either of them question the integrity of the ref?

Did you not just hear RVP's interview?

"It's a joke", "I don't know why he was here", "He killed the game" ..

Yet more proof why we shouldn't interview players/staff immediately afterwards when emotions are high, and more proof why it's such a shame the talking point is the officiating rather than the football.

One second between the whistle and the shot. 90,000 fansshouting, how the ref has come to the conclusion hes kicked it away I'll never know. We just could not get the ball today, passing was sloppy, alot of school boy stuff (Cescs back heel). Really dissapointed with our going forward today but I thought are defending was promising, tbh it really wasn't that bad, its just Barcas 'pass and move' play is unbelieveable. Well played Barca.

I agree that Barca were better. It's clear. But it's not a excuse for the ref. He was probly a spanish ref? And they suck tbh.

It is a shame how the ref made decisions in favour of Barcelona:S If they are the best club in the world they should be able to win a game in a fair way!

Arsenal was the better side tonight!

Did you not just hear RVP's interview?

"It's a joke", "I don't know why he was here", "He killed the game" ..

Yet more proof why we shouldn't interview players/staff immediately afterwards when emotions are high, and more proof why it's such a shame the talking point is the officiating rather than the football.

Footballers/Managers and expireneced enough to know what to say after a game. Its easy if asked a question you just say "I dont want to talk about it yet", simple as that. Like i say Arsenal wasent beat because of a refs decision today, they were beat because of sloppy mistakes.

And as for the Utd fans who scream at the slightest controversial interview how can you be so sure he won't get fined? You can't compare Van Persie saying the decision was a joke to Fergie saying the ref isnt fair and he knew they'd be in for it before the game when he saw who was reffing.

It is a shame how the ref made decisions in favour of Barcelona:S If they are the best club in the world they should be able to win a game in a fair way!

Arsenal was the better side tonight!

Please say your kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back