UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much expected to be honest, Arsenal didn't attack much and they were penalized, of course having Van persie sent off wasn't better for 'em either.

Proud to be An Arsenal Fan we were unlucky

Barca were out of this world, good luck to them hope they win it in May

Proud to be an Arsenal Fan :wub:

It is a shame how the ref made decisions in favour of Barcelona:S If they are the best club in the world they should be able to win a game in a fair way!

Arsenal was the better side tonight!

LOL
0 shots on target and they were the better team? XD

Footballers/Managers and expireneced enough to know what to say after a game. Its easy if asked a question you just say "I dont want to talk about it yet", simple as that. Like i say Arsenal wasent beat because of a refs decision today, they were beat because of sloppy mistakes.

It's easy for us to say that when we're not hyped up on adrenaline and extremely frustrated though, isn't it? Come on, how many times when you're angry do you think things through, or do you just say things in the heat of the moment? I bet it's the latter.

It is a shame how the ref made decisions in favour of Barcelona:S If they are the best club in the world they should be able to win a game in a fair way!

Arsenal was the better side tonight!

No shots on target and 67% possesion for Barcelona, and your saying Arsenal was the better side?
What match were you watching?

Arsene unload some of the **** that's bogging down the ship and get REAL players not children to babysit

Please say your kidding?

No I am not kidding! If there were 11 players in the 2nd half it would have been Arsenal who would have won. Yes Barca were faster and that is why they had chances but the ref has been a disgrace by giving Arsenal yellow cards for every single foul and the red card wasn't deserved.

Remember as well, Barcelona did not have their first choice centre back pairing and yet Arsenal still fail to get a shot on goal.

No I am not kidding! If there were 11 players in the 2nd half it would have been Arsenal who would have won. Yes Barca were faster but the ref has been a disgrace.

they still had 0 shots before RVP was sent off. What kind of stupid argument is this?

It's easy for us to say that when we're not hyped up on adrenaline and extremely frustrated though, isn't it? Come on, how many times when you're angry do you think things through, or do you just say things in the heat of the moment? I bet it's the latter.

No but im not professional. They know the backlash they will get and the fine/ban. Its easier to say no comment than to give a comment.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

No I am not kidding! If there were 11 players in the 2nd half it would have been Arsenal who would have won. Yes Barca were faster and that is why they had chances but the ref has been a disgrace by giving Arsenal yellow cards for every single foul and the red card wasn't deserved.

Are you sure you watched the right game??

Think RVP summed it up. How can you hear a single whistle in a stadium full of 95,000 people, and the ref is 40 yards away? Totally spot on.

barcelona were great today but i think man united would beat them if they had there full squad

****, Arsenal can be proud! How many teams score without having any shots on goal whatsoever?

barcelona were great today but i think man united would beat them if they had there full squad

Man United beat Barcelona? Hah you must be daft, even with a full strength squad, they would be utter bollocks

they still had 0 shots before RVP was sent off. What kind of stupid argument is this?

They had 0 shots because they were defending the whole 1st HALF! And in the second they needed only 5 minutes to score... If they can score in 5 minutes they can certainly score in the next 40 again. Btw Arsen Wenger realized his mistake by telling the players to pull back cause if you defend against Barca you loose if you attack you win it is simple as that. And the prove was the first leg, so don't tell me I am wrong. The people from UEFA are wrong for putting an idiot to be a ref.

At the end of the day you can play down Arsenal and say how poor we were tonight but we only lost 4-3 on aggregate to one of the best teams in history. And we was one bad Bendnter touch away from going through. You can show me all the stats you want and every insult about 'Valdez had a great seat' but Im proud to be an Arsenal fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.