UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No but im not professional. They know the backlash they will get and the fine/ban. Its easier to say no comment than to give a comment.

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Are you sure you watched the right game??

Yeah mate I am sure. And I am disgusted from Barcelona and the ref that is why I complain and every single Arsenal player has the right to complain..

Man United beat Barcelona? Hah you must be daft, even with a full strength squad, they would be utter bollocks

Man Utd can not only pass teams to death but they can also grind teams down physicly and thats what Arsenal cant do simple as that. Its been their problem for 5-6 years now and the blame 100% lies at Wengers door.

They had 0 shots because they were defending the whole 1st HALF! And in the second they needed only 5 minutes to score... If they can score in 5 minutes they can certainly score in the next 40 again. Btw Arsen Wenger realized his mistake by telling the players to pull back cause if you defend against Barca you loose if you attack you win it is simple as that. And the prove was the first leg, so don't tell me I am wrong. The people from UEFA are wrong for putting an idiot to be a ref.

You realise Arsenal didn't score. Barcelona scored for Arsenal. You had 0 shots. If Biscuits didn't have a 50p head you wouldn't have scored..

Man United beat Barcelona? Hah you must be daft, even with a full strength squad, they would be utter bollocks

O do me a favour, thats a load of ****. Anything can happen in football. Thats just non-sensical. You may have a **** load of flair players, but flair doesn't win you football matches. Idiot. Are all Barca fans as arrogant as you, having their head so far up their own backsides? I hope not

Last edited:
Almunia played fantastic fair play to him and we may need him as Chesney may get ruled out for the season

Remember as well, Barcelona did not have their first choice centre back pairing and yet Arsenal still fail to get a shot on goal.

Yes, because with Pique and Puyol they would have been able to stop the Arsenal onslaught.

Barca fully deserve to go through, but you can't doubt the fight and spirit Arsenal have shown in the two legs. They have just come up against the best side in the world, as simple as that.

Don't see why some people feel the need to rub it in the Arsenal fans faces, Barcelona have done and will do that to most teams.

What's with the unbelievable arrogance? We all know Barcelona are a special side, but I'm pretty sure if Hercules can beat you, a full strength United side can. Plus are you forgetting you did in fact lose the first leg of this match? Or Inter last season? You're a good side, but stop writing off every side you play against. Imagine if your team did that.

O do me a favour, thats a load of ****. Anything can happen in football. Thats just non-sensical. You may have a **** load of flair players, but flair doesn't win you football matches. Idiot

I when did I mention flair?
When?

Manchester United at their current form off loaded from 2 losses, in bad form, and with difficulty beating Marseille, I wouldn't see anything happening in United's favor. A physical fight? More offensive plays? Yes and yes.

They had 0 shots because they were defending the whole 1st HALF! And in the second they needed only 5 minutes to score... If they can score in 5 minutes they can certainly score in the next 40 again. Btw Arsen Wenger realized his mistake by telling the players to pull back cause if you defend against Barca you loose if you attack you win it is simple as that. And the prove was the first leg, so don't tell me I am wrong. The people from UEFA are wrong for putting an idiot to be a ref.

they scored from an own goal, how can you say they will go on to score more in the half? Im pretty sure if it was as simple as that then Barcelona wouldnt be the best team in the world. If you attack Barcelona without being defensively responsible they will pick you apart, simple as that. The first leg is not proof in the slightest. A horrific keeping error for the first goal and then Barcelona fatigue and all out attack allowed Arsenal to score 2nd. Arsenal got a key decision in that match as well. Quite frankly the stats from the match and everyone here will tell YOU ARE WRONG. case closed

When?

Manchester United at their current form off loaded from 2 losses, in bad form, and with difficulty beating Marseille, I wouldn't see anything happening in United's favor. A physical fight? More offensive plays? Yes and yes.

It's just the fact you're totally writing off Man Utd the way you do. They're the most successful club in England for a reason. The manager. The players. And the ability to win things. Some people may say the Premiership is poor for a reason. But to write a club like Man Utd off is ludicrous.
Christ, I'm not even a Man Utd fan but I sound like one lol

You realise Arsenal didn't score. Barcelona scored for Arsenal. You had 0 shots. If Biscuits didn't have a 50p head you wouldn't have scored..

First of all I am LIVERPOOL fan and I am acting here as a neutral.
Second, they scored an own goal that is true but they started making chances, right from the start of the 2nd half.
Third, if RVP stayed in the game he would have score the last chance which Benthner missed! And btw they would have created more cause they would have on player more.

Arsene Wenger:

"This referee has clearly never played football"..

Surely he's in trouble now.

When?

Honestly you are not untouchable mate. If the right side stands up to you and bully you then you will fall simple as that. Inter Milan last season for instance?? Utd and Chelsea could both beat Barca without a dout. Get a ref who dosent mind a strong challenge and lets the game flow then the side can get stuck into Barca and they will crumble.

Yes, because with Pique and Puyol they would have been able to stop the Arsenal onslaught.

Barca fully deserve to go through, but you can't doubt the fight and spirit Arsenal have shown in the two legs. They have just come up against the best side in the world, as simple as that.

Don't see why some people feel the need to rub it in the Arsenal fans faces, Barcelona have done and will do that to most teams.

Spot on mate, every time we lose everyone seems to take a dig. We're not the Arsenal we once was with the Henry's and Berkgamp , thats when it was rare we lost. these days, we lose quite a few games but people seem to act like it never happens.

It's just the fact you're totally writing off Man Utd the way you do. They're the most successful club in England for a reason. The manager. The players. And the ability to win things.

Alright, maybe when my inner conflict settles I can make valid and rational points until then I am an ignoramus.

When?

Because Barcelona were in scintillating form in La Liga prior to this game? If Barcelona were so good they'd have zero losses this season, but the sheet reads a little different.

from an arsenal fan point of view, no doubt barca should of won, you could say RVP could of got sent off for first yellow if your being harsh but the second yellow was harsh... Arsenal can't really moan besides from that barca controlled the game the stats clearly show that... with that in mind seeing barca's performance they will need to improve if they want to win the champion league

Hopefully these 2 legs will have shown to other teams in the CL that Barca are beatable, despite what their fans like to believe. Arsenal were in with a chance up until the sending off, although luck had gone their way up until that moment. Will be good to see other teams have a good crack at beating Barcelona.

Arsene Wenger:

"This referee has clearly never played football"..

Surely he's in trouble now.

Hes proberly right? Honestly mate stop trying to pick things up just because your gaffer got in trouble for a interview lol.

Honestly you are not untouchable mate. If the right side stands up to you and bully you then you will fall simple as that. Inter Milan last season for instance?? Utd and Chelsea could both beat Barca without a dout. Get a ref who dosent mind a strong challenge and lets the game flow then the side can get stuck into Barca and they will crumble.
dont think he realises in that each of the 10 times we have played barca we have been the supposedly "inferior" team. yet the record is bang even

Barca are very good, but not invincible

Status
Not open for further replies.