UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a joke, mate. Quite like Arsenal, like the football they play. But Barca are just incredible, scored over 100 goals already this year. Just can't see past them to win the CL again.

But I don't like Eduardo, no.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

True, but I'd like to see Fabregas there, playing deep but spraying balls out to the others. And as Redrup said, Nasri > Pedro. But I don' think anyone else could fit in, maybe Clichy over Abidal/Maxwell.

For me Pedro > Nasri. And Pedro fits perfectly into Barce's system. What Pedro has done this season is amazing.

IF (big if), we can get something to defend, we could have TV5 back for the second, so there's hope.

I think we might shock a few people.

Not sure who I want to win tbh

Similar to me.

I'd like Spurs to knock Arsenal out personally, but if Barcelona win, then at least it'll mean Spurs have a good chance to get further than their rivals in their first Champions League outing.

So yeah, not fussed either way really, though on paper I can't see Arsenal getting anything from the Nou Camp. If they want an overall result, they need to make the home tie count.

Want a Barca win 'cause I like them and 'cause I want my friend to be unhappy. That said... it'd be even better if Arsenal won, got through, faced Spurs and lost catastrophically.

think im leaning slightly on the arsenal side, but i'm just gonna enjoy the game as a neutral, though i do like underdogs winning

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Want a Barca win 'cause I like them and 'cause I want my friend to be unhappy. That said... it'd be even better if Arsenal won, got through, faced Spurs and lost catastrophically.
lol an arsenal spurs quarter final, that would be brilliant.

For me Pedro > Nasri. And Pedro fits perfectly into Barce's system. What Pedro has done this season is amazing.

I know, and I like Pedro, but Nasri has done very well this year as well. But Pedro fits into their system well as you said, so it would be a tough choice. :S

hope narsi will do good, even after passing the test might feature as sub or something. but somehow, i might think we will have the same line up against wolves, execpt for sanga suspension

go gunners

Last edited:
Similar to me.

I'd like Spurs to knock Arsenal out personally, but if Barcelona win, then at least it'll mean Spurs have a good chance to get further than their rivals in their first Champions League outing.

So yeah, not fussed either way really, though on paper I can't see Arsenal getting anything from the Nou Camp. If they want an overall result, they need to make the home tie count.

Would love us both to get through and have a NLD 1/4 Final :)

I genuinely think if Fabregas went to Barca, Guardiola would abandon Busquets (maybe bring him on to protect leads) and play Fabregas in his position. Busquets isn't that great defensively anyway (if I recall correctly).

I genuinely think if Fabregas went to Barca, Guardiola would abandon Busquets (maybe bring him on to protect leads) and play Fabregas in his position. Busquets isn't that great defensively anyway (if I recall correctly).

Hoo boy. Someone doesn't know his Barca...

Busquets is absolutely invaluable to their team. Invaluable. Not only with his superb defensive work and all-round game, but also his utterly reliable distribution, tactical acumen, positional discipline and for allowing Pep to innovate by dropping back between the centre-backs and allowing the wingbacks forwards. Cesc couldn't do this. Talented as Barca are, they too need a holding player, something Cesc isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

Busquets is extremely important in both Barcelona and the Spanish National Team, his position gives the offensive-minded wingbacks freedom and can adapt to Guardiola/Bosque's demands.

Fabregas is another player altogether, both in instructions, role and positioning, contribution to team and more.

Barca selling Busquets would be akin to Madrid getting rid of Makelele.

You'd soon see what a bad idea it was.

Hoo boy. Someone doesn't know his Barca...

Busquets is absolutely invaluable to their team. Invaluable. Not only with his superb defensive work and all-round game, but also his utterly reliable distribution, tactical acumen, positional discipline and for allowing Pep to innovate by dropping back between the centre-backs and allowing the wingbacks forwards. Cesc couldn't do this. Talented as Barca are, they too need a holding player, something Cesc isn't by any stretch of the imagination.

Well if he's very good defensively then fair enough. Apart from that I reckon Cesc could do all the above.

Cesc can really play almost anywhere in midfield. Anchorman maybe a stretch though. Cesc is definetely not just an attacking midfielder.

Last edited:
Dont know if i should be looking forward to this match

if we want to go through we must score atleast 1 keep a cleansheet and score at Camp Nou

:)

I am looking so much to this match, both UCL games today were somewhat boring, glad Raul topped a new record, but I was disillusioned during the 2nd half of Spurs/Milan, the first half wasn't bad, just that Spurs got into great positions, Lennon doing great and Crouch half-assing his finishing, got to score the winner though shame I didn't see it, but I hate defensive minded teams like Milan and look towards the best for Roma/Waxtap, I'm actually a Simferopol fan since my Romanian grandpa's been following them, but if Shakhtar do good, it could equate to more UCL spots and higher Ukrainian ranking

Btw Puyol is injured for the game :) arsenal to win 2-0 ( messi to get injured in warm-up hopefully )

I think the only Arsenal player to get in the Barca team would be Clichy. Not keen on Abidal don't rate him much, I think he's probably better as CB TBH, and I quite like Maxwell, but I think Clichy is better. Fabregas and Nasri would be great subs for them, but they don't need them at all though. Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta are the best midfield trio in the world, and then they have Affellay, Mascherano, Keita and some exciting youngsters.

Btw Puyol is injured for the game :) arsenal to win 2-0 ( messi to get injured in warm-up hopefully )
Wishful thinking, with a strong mentality Arsenal can cause an upset, Gijon almost did, and without Puyol Barcelona seemed disjointed. However, they need a tough, mature mentality, because we all remember what happened with Braga...

Status
Not open for further replies.